Sorry it has been a while....question

Joanne D.
on 5/16/13 2:59 am - Canada
Hi all,
I have been at my mother's place for the week and have no internet connection. Using phone to post....I have been gradually feeling better. I know, I know, you all promised I would! Lol
Still feeling week, I assume it is the lack of calories we are taking in. Getting protein in through shakes and soups with powdered protein. Although I seem so bloated sometimes after eating. still do not want to venture into pureed foods yet...too scared.
For the past two nights, when I lay down to go to sleep, I have discomfort in between my shoulders. Cannot get comfortable even propping pillows, as soon as I sit up it is much better. I can't sleep sitting up.....Help. Any suggestions?
Joanne

referral from GP July 2012     Orientation October 2012  SW initial Dec 2012   Nurse Prac. Dec 2012   Nutrition Initial Jan 2012  Nutrition Jan 2012      Psycho social Jan 2013    Meeting with Surgeon Feb 22 2013     Surgery May 2nd ( Dr. Jackson TWH)

Monica M.
on 5/16/13 3:04 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

No suggestions on how to sleep. Just keep experimenting with different positions until you find the right one. See your doctor about it if it doesn't resolve.

It's only been 14 days since your surgery. It was major surgery, they re routed your insides. Because there's only those 4 or 5 tiny holes on the outside, people tend to forget that major things happened inside. Yes, you're still feeling weak. That's normal. Rest up. Get your fluids and protein in. You'll start to feel better.

Joanne D.
on 5/16/13 3:11 am - Canada
Thanks Monica,
I my first post op in a couple of weeks, but will check with doctor if it continues........just fear "the dreaded ulcer".

referral from GP July 2012     Orientation October 2012  SW initial Dec 2012   Nurse Prac. Dec 2012   Nutrition Initial Jan 2012  Nutrition Jan 2012      Psycho social Jan 2013    Meeting with Surgeon Feb 22 2013     Surgery May 2nd ( Dr. Jackson TWH)

Monica M.
on 5/16/13 4:03 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

for sure, always be aware. Its more likely some muscle pain or stiffness, or residual pain from the surgery.

zillah
on 5/16/13 4:07 am

I haven't had my surgery yet but I'm wondering if it's gas pain.  I have a lot of gas all the time due to irritable bowel and the symptoms vary.  I can have pain in my back, front and back, between my breasts, in shoulders, and even into my jaw.  It can be a mild discomfort or terribly painful.  I take Maalox regular strength antacid with gas relief.  It gets rid of my gad right away. 

Catw
on 5/16/13 4:19 am - Arnprior, Canada

Do you have a recliner?  I know a lot of people who can sleep in those.  I'm one that can sleep basically sitting up, but I have used the recliner when I couldn't lay down.

Cathy

Most Active