Is it possible...?

Darksyde
on 6/9/13 3:26 am
Question for those who've gone through the whole process...

I've started making radical changes to my diet...less carb, more protein, regular meals, snacks, drinking water instead of Diet Pepsi, getting excercise, etc... I've lost (assuming the scale is right) over 20 lbs since my weigh in with the nurse practitioner.

Will this weight loss work AGAINST me getting the surgery? Like many of us, I'm sure we've been here before...starts out great...then we cheat, or stop...whatever. I'm just worried the dietician/(if I get there) surgeon will think I'm doing just fine without the surgery. Right now it's the focus of the surgery keeping me going.

Aargh....any advice?

Orientation - 05/04/13  Social Worker - 08/04/13  Nurse Practitioner - 07/05/13  Nutrition Class - 13/05/13  Psych Assessment - 04/06/19  Nutritionist - 19/06/13  Dr. Urbach - 19/07/13  PATTS - 02/08/13  SURGERY AT TWH - 13/08/13  HW-393 Opti Start-386  SW-347

mypita58
on 6/9/13 4:11 am - Windsor, Canada
By losing weight before surgery you are showing the doctors that you are committed to making life changes. This works in your favour.
Good luck and stay positive.
Glenda    
Do not pray for an easier life, pray to be stronger.    JFK            
Monica9811
on 6/9/13 4:49 am - Peterborough, Canada

Totally keep doing what you are doing.  All the bad habits you can break before surgery the better!  They are happy when people lose weight before opti-they want to know you are committed!  Great work!

Leslie W.
on 6/9/13 10:24 am - Cobourg, Canada

Not sure which site you are going through. I went to TWH. lost 30 lbs pre op by making positive changes too. They took BMI from time referral made. Now if you just squeeked by it may make a difference but they know our history of lose and gain. I think it is great that you have been able to make these changes. It will certainly help post op. I too was able to cut the junk and pop pre op and it made not having after much easier. Not to say that at 28 months I don't have a treat now and again but pop is gone for good.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Most Active
Recent Topics