Off track

Nanato2
on 8/1/13 10:09 pm - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13
Went to Darien lake this week with my hubby, son in law and grand kids had a great time. However, got side tracked along the way and some old habits creep back in.

I was grazing with all the wrong foods, back home today and will need to give myself a kick in the butt to get back to healthy eating. Not sure if I have gained as I only weight myself once a week on Monday.

One thing I am now aware of is how fast old habits can come back if we are not careful.

At least I did get in lots of excersize as I was on the move the whole time I was away.

So today is a new day and here is to getting back on track.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

Darksyde
on 8/1/13 10:34 pm

Well done! You've realized the issue, and are dealing with it. Keep it up!

Orientation - 05/04/13  Social Worker - 08/04/13  Nurse Practitioner - 07/05/13  Nutrition Class - 13/05/13  Psych Assessment - 04/06/19  Nutritionist - 19/06/13  Dr. Urbach - 19/07/13  PATTS - 02/08/13  SURGERY AT TWH - 13/08/13  HW-393 Opti Start-386  SW-347

Patm
on 8/1/13 11:42 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I think realising the issue and making changes is the hardest part of all this. Good luck with your getting back on track. Sounds like a great vacation

zillah
on 8/1/13 11:47 pm

I am having the same problem but I am waiting for surgery.  Guelph has a problem if you gain more than 5 lbs. between appointments so I need to be careful.  I have gone back to old habits because of stress.  I have been waiting since June 11 for my next appointment at Guelph.  It is for the post op nutrition class that they have before surgery, they tell us about what we need to do after our operations.  They phone us when they have enough patients to run a class and I haven't been called yet.  It 's bugging me.  They get pissy if you call them.

Gabygee
on 8/2/13 1:15 am - Canada

Zillah, be aware please that post-op behaviours are quite different than pre-op.

I am not dismissing you (please don't misunderstand) but once you've been through the sometimes uncomfortable changes the RNY wlll cause in your digestive system, and more importantly, the tolerance for food, your behaviours MUST change - and we all did change.

But the mind is a surprisingly resilient organ (good thing, too, or trauma survivors would never be able to resume their lives!) and so even though - in my case - we may barf twice or three times a day, we still turn to food. Not immediately. In fat for the first year, you are so cautious, you often UNDEReat, out of fear, and lack of appetite.

In your case, trying to change your behaviours in advance of the surgery is the right thing to do, but it is physically and mentally quite a different exercise than post-op.

So Nanato's post about getting offtrack is quite a different psychological barrier description than your issues of trying to be proactive and stumblng a bit. Hang in there - you wlll get through this, and don't worry Guelph will not turn you away. It is in their political interest to continue showing as many success stories as they can, so the Ontario MoH keeps paying for the programme.

Nanato - I totally feel you. Just got back from a week up north, hiking and kayaking in Killarney, and my food choices were very limited. I paid the price, by vomiting almost every day with food that was too rich or otherwise difficult, and by gaining 3 lbs. Back to the script for me - and for you too, right? cool

kafins
on 8/4/13 9:55 am

Sorry to hear that you are having a hard time.  I know how hard it can be and have had to kick myself in the last few weeks also.  We have both come too far to go backwards.  The first step is to acknowledge that you have wandered and to get right back on track.  Know that I am thinking of you and sending all my good wishes to you. 

KATHY  ( member of the loud mouth group from TWH

Most Active
Recent Topics