scope

taniagirlca
on 10/15/13 9:21 am

Had the scope done without sedation - endoscopy, and they found something so now I have to have a ct scan. What could they have possibly found? Anyone else had this experience? Should I be worried?

Having the scope was awful :( I decided on no sedation as they said it was only 5 mins..yuk :(

4-Jane
on 10/15/13 9:28 am - Canada

No sedation for me either, just the spray and holy cat fish did I gag.  I have no idea what they could be looking at but try not to worry and if that's hard to do...... Visualize they found really old bubble gum

Respectfully Jane
Nerak
on 10/15/13 7:26 pm - Canada

I had two scopes done. They found a couple of lesions or white patches - they biopsied (both times). It was nothing serious and my surgery is tomorrow!

Try not to worry - it's pretty common to find "something" and they absolutely err on the side of caution. You'll get the results pretty fast. 

Good luck!

Surgery date is Oct. 17th, 2013 in Ottawa. I was referred to the clinic in September 2012. The person performing my surgery is Dr Amy Neville. 

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/13 2:58 am - Vaughan, Canada

Good Luck tomorrow!!!  Wow, how exciting.  I remember the feeling.  Everything is going to be great.

Northernlightsmom
on 10/15/13 10:39 pm - Canada

I also had to go back in with another surgeon for biopsies of polyps that they discovered in my stomach. All results came back "all clear". I do understand the concern but the surgeon said because of the type of surgery we are seeking....they err on the side of caution and most often...everything is just fine.

RNY Surgery February 10th, 2014

Most Active
Recent Topics