Opti Day 3 is OVER

pugalootz
on 11/20/13 11:48 am - Canada

Three days down.....I'm starting to get angry hungry!! LOL  I found myself making my son's school lunch and wanting to stuff some of that shaved turkey in my yap!   No, I didn't do it.  Uggghhh.

I'm finding the sugar withdrawl the worst.  Worse than caffeine withdrawl was.  

Any magic solutions to make the next 11 days on Opti not suck?     Surgery is Dec 2!  SOOOOO looking forward to getting it done.  

Thanks!

daisies109
on 11/20/13 12:00 pm

Hang in there!!! Day 6 was the turnaround day for me. Try to get as creative as possible by adding flavorings, making hot chocolate, really thick smoothies, etc to make it a little more exciting.  Best of luck.....you are so close now

Daisies

pugalootz
on 11/20/13 12:02 pm - Canada

Thanks!   Anyone know if there is a post somewhere with all the Optifast - modifying recipes? 

JJ_
on 11/20/13 12:17 pm, edited 11/20/13 12:17 pm

You can check out the Ontario Forum Recipe portion of the site:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

This is from Tracey 112205

Judy

franky13
on 11/21/13 1:16 am

Hang in there...you can do it...crunching cucumbers made me happy!! Weird I know...

Referred September 2012, HHRH Orientation December 2012, Meet with surgeon January 2013, Meet with and testing with Dr Glazer May 2013, PATTS July 4, 2013 - 325lbs, Surgery HRRH August 1st, 2013 - 299lbs, second surgery late August 2nd to drain fluid, Discharged August 5th - 294lbs, reached 1/2 way to goal at 16 wks, MOM of three kids, married for 13 years :)

maniakmyke79
on 11/21/13 2:02 am

having had to do optiass for 6 WEEKS i know what you are going through.

I found that keeping yourself as busy as possible while staying away from food was a very good help for me.  i took solace in creative writing, participating on here however i could. ANYTHING that would keep my mind away from food.  the kicker for me was my surgery date was January 14th.  which means 6 weeks before that i started.  i missed xmas dinner and all the joys of xmas foods.

you SHOULD be getting close to passing through the sugar withdrawals.  everyone is different though.

If i can pull through 6 weeks of that hell then i KNOW you can beat this.  

we believe in you

Zizzler
on 11/21/13 5:54 am

opyiass-  hee!

Most Active
Recent Topics