Bacon?

Blueiiis
on 12/16/14 9:15 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

How do we all feel about bacon? High fat, yes. Decent protein though.... I am looking to make bacon wrapped chicken breast chunks for an appetizer, wonder if I can eat it? I did have a bite or two of bacon before and it seemed ok.... 

KerryF.
on 12/16/14 9:22 am - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

I can't eat bacon or sausages or anything greasy 

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

Patm
on 12/16/14 9:38 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

If bacon agrees with you go for it. It is fine. Just make sure you get excess grease off. This can bother some people

(deactivated member)
on 12/16/14 1:02 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I'm still afraid to try anything greasy... Bacon and chicken is so delish together.

Karen M.
on 12/16/14 6:53 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I'm nearing 9 years post-op, so take this for what it's worth. I eat bacon and started having it (in very small quantities) around 5 months post-op. I was concerned with the amount of grease/fat so I drain and pat. I actually eat the bacon-wrapped chicken breast chunks you mentioned - thin coating of sweet thai chili sauce, wrapped in a little piece of bacon, baked at 425-450. DELISH. And filling.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

birdiegirl
on 12/16/14 7:01 pm

I love bacon.  I dont eat it too often due to salt and just the regular PITA stuff surrounding it like cleaning up splatter from cooking...lol....but I find it filling and a great choice every once in awhile.

(deactivated member)
on 12/16/14 8:10 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

Hi,

I am 8 month post op and have no issues with bacon.  I use pre cooked PC 50% less salt and cook it in the microwave for 15 seconds a slice to make it extra crispy and less crispy.  I use it as a crumble on salads and in wraps.

Kelly

kellybelly333
on 12/16/14 10:57 pm - Toronto, Canada

Bacon is LIFE!!!

We wrap our corn in bacon, and grill on the BBQ...and we wrap our chicken that is stuffed with asparagus and goat cheese with bacon, and grill it on the BBQ....we bow down to the deliciousness of the bacon. 

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

birdiegirl
on 12/16/14 11:00 pm

Delicious_Delilah
on 12/16/14 11:12 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Agreed. Bacon is delish!  But of course, everything in moderation. I started having a couple slices after about eight months post-surgery with a weekend breakfast every once in a while. Still do. Love it!  De-grease well and enjoy!

DD 

Most Active
Recent Topics