What protein shake do you use?

Julz1974
on 6/9/15 1:33 pm - Bowmanville, Canada

I use Pure protein shakes...premixed buy them at Walmart, the chocolate is great!  I have also just purchased the GNC protein premixed drinks to try for something different.  They have flavours like banana cream and strawberry...they have others too and right now they are buy four individual bottles get one free so it will allow you to try all the flavors...if you want that is. Good luck I still at eight months out play around to change it up.  Cheers!

TES
on 6/9/15 3:32 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Just post-op I drank the Premier Protein shakes from Cost-co.  After I moved onto real food, I pretty much gave up protein shakes.  I do keep some Pure Protein powder on hand for baking and the occasional shake for those days when nothing in the fridge appeals, but I know I need to eat something.   I tried a few other protein powders, but Pure is the least offensive I've tasted.

TES

LeslieT
on 6/9/15 4:08 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/22/15

Don't buy too much of anything before surgery. I really like AdvantEDGE shakes before my surgery but now I can't stand them. Now, I'm drinking Premier protein from Costco. I like the chocolate.

Highest: 250 - 30 pounds lost pre-op - Surgery Weight: 220 Current: 156 Goal: 145

MeltingMindyLoo
on 6/14/15 6:54 am - Sudbury, ON, Canada
RNY on 07/21/15

I've heard this too. Your tastes may really change after surgery.  Flavours, smells, and even textures you couldn't  stand before become nice, and things you really liked become disgusting. 

Makes it tough for us pre-ops to prepare!

37yo, 5'8". HW: 396lbs, CW: 276.6

lookinglass
on 6/9/15 5:10 pm - Atlanta, GA

Core power light. The only one i found which doesn't taste chalky or odd. 20 grams of protein per 11 ounces sold at Walmart, Kroger and QT & CVS

northernga1
on 6/9/15 6:43 pm - Elliot Lake, Canada

pre op but surgery next tuesday. i ordered a unflavored protein from this canadian site but they have a few other flavours to choose from 

http://www.canadianprotein.com/100-whey-protein-isolate-2lbs.html

Referral Feb 14 2014; Orientation July 30 2014; 1 on 1's Feb 17, 2015; Pre op May 27 2015; Surgery date June 16, 2015

Helna_Handbasket
on 6/10/15 5:47 am - OWEN SOUND, Canada

Good morning!

I like the DynaWhey strawberry kiwi.  I mix it with water, shake and bingo!  Easy and tasty. Dyna Whey Strawberry Kiwi . I bought it at a local Zehr's, but I see Costco has a 2 pack of it for a good price.  It's 30 grams of protein to 1 carb for 1 scoop.  I've also mixed it in smoothies and like it.  

Referral: August 2014 Orientation: 28Nov14 Social Worker: 05Feb15 Nurse Practitioner: 25Feb15 Nutrition Class: 30Mar15 Dietitian: 14Apr15 Psychologist: 21Apr15 NP followup: 23Apr15 Meet Surgeon: 26June15 Start Opti/PreOp: 21July15 Surgery!: 04Aug15!! 

I keep a blog... you're welcome to read it anytime :)  https://heretoeaternity.wordpress.com/

TexasLady52
on 6/11/15 6:34 am
Revision on 06/10/14

You can buy samples before buying large tubs.  I found that out the hard way.  If I see something I want to try I google for a sample.  I have recieved lots of samples free in the mail.  Here is where you can buy Syntrax samples:  http://www.mybariatricpantry.com/SYNTRAX_NECTAR_PROTEIN_POWD ER_SAMPLES_p/nectar-sample.htm?gclid=CLTo1YLfh8YCFRCpaQodll4 Amg&click=10402&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=shoppingeng ine

tatirod
on 6/11/15 8:18 pm - Toronto, Canada

Thank you! Unfortunately, my $55 "trial" tub arrived today. But I will look at the site for other samples. I'm beginning to think I just have a low tolerance of whey.

Referral: February 2015; TWH Orientation: April 2015; Social Worker: June 10, 2015: Nurse Practitioner: June 11, 2015; Nutrition Class: June 15, 2015; Psychometry Assessment: June 16, 2015; Nutrition Assessment: July 22, 2015; NP follow-up: July 28, 2015; Surgeon Consult: August 28, 2015; Surgery: November 6, 2015; Operation: VSG

Zizzler
on 6/14/15 5:08 am

For ready made shakes I drink Premier Protein from Costco or GNC lean protein at GNC.  The GNC lean strawberry is a nice change from chocolate and vanilla and if you buy them when there is a sale of bogo 50% off then they are even cheaper than premier protein, and the deal is on more than not, it is on right now in fact.  You will have to buy the 10 dollar membership to get the lower price at gnc, but its the same deal at Costco.  For non-ready-made I buy the plain or chocolate bulk protein powder from bulk barn.  I find this the most versatile and I can buy the quantity I like.  By the way, bulk barn also has flavoured decaf coffee beans that you can grind on site.  Really nice if you like coffee.  I also buy the following there: chia seeds, psyllium husk, nuts seeds almonds, loran oils, herbs and spices, xanthan gum, guar gum, prunes.

Most Active
Recent Topics