Normal BMI

charminglearner
on 11/15/15 4:47 am
RNY on 10/27/14

Today I weighed myself.  My BMI is now 24.8.  Yes!!!  I made it to the normal range!  I feel like celebrating!  But who in the world do you tell at 7 on a Sunday morning?  My groggy husband congratulated me.  He was too groggy to remember what a BMI was. So it lost it's oomph after I explained.  lol

I have wanted to be "normal" my entire adult life.  It feels great to have achieved this milestone!

The dietitian told me to switch to maintenance a couple weeks ago at my one year check up.  Which I thought I was doing by eating more bread and carbs, but I've lost another pound and a half.  This moved me from a BMI in the overweight range to one in the normal range.   It can stop now!  I'm happy!  I just hope I manage to keep it off!

Thank you for your support folks.  Your support in honest posts, which gave me information, courage and motivation.  Your support in asking questions, which gave me the answers when I read your responses, they kept me informed and got me informed. Your support in reading my posts and occasionally responded.  I appreciate how real people have been on this forum.  Thank you.

Canadajet
on 11/15/15 4:51 am

congratulations!ð?'?ð?'

charminglearner
on 11/15/15 9:20 am
RNY on 10/27/14

Thank you! 

iluvlemon
on 11/15/15 5:49 am
RNY on 01/18/16

Congrats!!!!

@GUELPH GH*Orientation:Feb 26/15*RN:Mar 2/15*NUT&SW:Apr 13/15*NUT RN SW Jun 25/15*NUT Jul 30/15*Surgeon list Sept 30/15*Post Op Nut Class Nov 16/15*Appt wi surgeon Dr Natasha P-Hong Nov 20/15*PATTS Jan 5/16 745am*Start Opti Jan 4/16*Surgery January 18/16 Dr Jules 1030am*

charminglearner
on 11/15/15 9:20 am
RNY on 10/27/14

Thank you!

Zizzler
on 11/15/15 6:17 am

That is great, I am so happy for you, it must feel amazing! I had a similar experience at my one year, I was told to up my calories and carbs by adding more lower carb fruit and nuts.  I did it at first but my weight loss just stopped altogether for months.  I am back on my low carb high protein way of eating and have finally started to lose again.  I am still 10lbs away from normal bmi, which I would love to be able to achieve. I am also concerned that I will not be able to keep the weight off, I think that requires a lifelong commitment and I hope I don't mess that part up. Your post gives me hope that this is possible, thank you for sharing your experience! 

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

charminglearner
on 11/15/15 9:26 am
RNY on 10/27/14

I'm only just a little over a year out myself.  I think the difference for me so far has been the walking.  I walk a lot.  My kids tell me I go way faster than I used to.  Which seems weird, since it seems to be the same effort it always was.  lol

Lifestyle changes and changes in eating habits take a while.  I've learned that if I eat too much one day, or at one meal or snack, that it's just a momentary thing.  I am not defined by what I eat when I forget to eat healthy.  I am defined by my determination to be healthy and continually make healthy choices (with the occasional slip up).  

Best wishes in your journey!

manders6
on 11/15/15 7:07 am
RNY on 11/23/15

Congrats! We are all doing a dance for you too!

Amanda

aka Manders6

charminglearner
on 11/15/15 9:27 am
RNY on 10/27/14

Thank you!  I was happy dancing this morning too!  lol

ProjectJudi
on 11/15/15 1:22 pm - Burlington, Canada
Well done!
Most Active
Recent Topics