10 Weeks Update

Starnaenae
on 3/2/17 4:32 am

Hey Everyone, i hope that everyone is doing well!

I am now 10 weeks out since surgery and have not regretted it for a second. I am down 69 lbs total, 55 since opti and 40 since surgery with a total of 40 inches (when i checked on the 22nd of feb)

I have had no issues other than 1 spout of serious constipation about 6 days out which resulted in needing to take a suppository. I have had no issues since then. I have stuck to plan and i must say, i feel GREAT!!!

i have learned that this is quite the mind journey... ive not had any cravings for food really... other than at the end of pureed i was DYING to crunch on something so i had a pickle!!! i had cravings for a cigarette for about two weeks after surgery, however that quickly went away (i tried to light one and thought it was disgusting) the smell now is revolting (i smoked for 15 years). Everyone sees the changes in me, and i really dont.. sometimes i can see it in pics but i still feel like the old me.... my pant size hasnt changed which is very surprising.... they are saggy on my bum and my legs, but my waist has been very slow to change - which i am perfectly fine with. I was going to the gym every day, but that doesnt happen anymore... i need to get back into it. i now work 2 jobs which makes it difficult (ii stay pretty active at my part time job) and make sure im always drinking water and eating right... i will make it a habit again soon.....

food---- i dont eat meat, eggs, fish or tofu -- it has been kinda tough but ive got it!! its very repetitive, but i dont care because it works for me and thats ok... i need consistency in my life or things dont go well lol... i am getting about 700 calories a day and drinking upwards of 4 litres of water a day. i have yet to have any issues knock on wood and consider myself VERY lucky! the other day i tried a salad and it was AMAZING!! i also had kiwi, melons, raw veggies and all is good so im a happy kid!!! looking forward to another very successful 10 weeks and more!!

have a good day all :)

TWH: Referral May 2015 --> Orientation November 2015 --> Surgeon at TWH Nov 2016 --> Transferred to Guelph --> Surgeon Appt Dec 1 2016 --> Opti Start Dec 8 2016 --> Surgery Dec 22 2016 HW: 331 SW:302 GW: 170

MonaLisaSmile
on 3/2/17 5:03 am - Canada

Wow weeeeee!!!!! Sounds like you are doing great !!!!

And only 1 bout of constipation...... that's amazing !!!

Keep up the good work. It's tough sometimes....but as you realize now....the rewards are many and fantastic and they keep you going day to day.

PS..Big Congrats about the cigarettes as well !!!

You are right..... smoking IS DISGUSTING...

NEVER GO BACK !!!!

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

Starnaenae
on 3/2/17 5:09 am

Thank you! Its been a very interesting but fun journey this far!

no plans on smoking again at all ?

TWH: Referral May 2015 --> Orientation November 2015 --> Surgeon at TWH Nov 2016 --> Transferred to Guelph --> Surgeon Appt Dec 1 2016 --> Opti Start Dec 8 2016 --> Surgery Dec 22 2016 HW: 331 SW:302 GW: 170

Kathy1212
on 3/2/17 5:36 am

Congratulations, you are doing great! I'm very happy for you!

One of the things I crave most is salad, with a crunchy apple cut up into it; I am so looking forward to the time somewhere down the road where I can have it, lol. I never thought I'd miss that, lol.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Starnaenae
on 3/2/17 5:38 am

it will come in time!!!! i promise! i do feel scared to try new foods, which can become an issue so i try it anyways... i just always make sure im home! i havent veered off since opti at all... to me its not worth it... i see many people dabbling in this and that and to me its silly because thats setting up for failure.... listen to the vets when they say dont touch it!! if that could be my one piece of advice thus far is that its not worth it!

Kathy1212
on 3/2/17 6:29 am

I have no plans on eating anything I shouldn't. I am actually back on full liquids for 2 weeks because I was having pain a few hours after eating, so my surgeon told me to go back to give my body a chance to heal.

The pureed food was yummy, but so not worth the pain. I'm one month post op and if full liquids mean no more pain, then full liquids it is, lol.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Starnaenae
on 3/2/17 6:31 am

in time it will all come together!!!! glad to hear things are going well for the most part!!!

Linda M.
on 3/2/17 6:32 am - Orillia, Canada

CONGRATULATIONS. That's great success. I love to read these updates as they are inspiring.

I read what you don't eat, but what do you typically eat? I have a friend whose 6 years out and tends to eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch - still enjoys it and it works. I think I'd be okay as well - we'll see.

What are your "go-to" proteins? What are typical meals - especially when you're working?

Thanks,

Linda

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

Starnaenae
on 3/2/17 6:40 am

Thank you very much!!

Go to proteins: SKYR individual yogurts.... they have 10G of protein in a little cup... and are GREAT! PC also has a vanilla and coconut piece greek yogurt that is fantastic. I like mixed nuts (not salted and only 1oz)... i ALWAYS have Premier shakes so if ever im in a rush i grab one and make due...

My days are typically as follows:

B: Overnight oats with some fruit (berries, bananas or stewed apples)

S: Half a Premier Shake in Decaf Coffee

L: Cottage Cheese, 2 melba toasts and either 3 baby pickles or 8 small cherry tomatoes

S: Half a Premier Shake in Decaf Coffee then half an hour later a yogurt or 2 plain rice cakes with light peanut butter

D: Yves Ground Round cooked either as tomato sauce or taco meat... if its tomato sauce, i use 1 mini pita and stuff it and eat it... if its taco meat, i make a taco salad with a bit of cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream... or i have meatless meatballs..... or i have a bean soup of sort that i make.. literally chickpeas, lentils and kidneybeans stewed in chicken stock with carrots, onions and celery and a bunch of spices.....

S: yogurt or nuts

I average about 85G of protein a day and 700 cals... im only eating just over 1/2 cup of food right now

I feel i have a lot of variety to be honest... depending on the day and where i am work wise i switch things up... like ill have soup for lunch and cottage cheese for dinner or whatever. its working and i love it all so i cant really complain :)

Tracks
on 3/2/17 7:31 am - Halton Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/25/17

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your sample menu. I don't eat much meat and I'm super picky with the little that I do. I've been struggling with meal ideas. I have some veggie ground round in my fridge, but didn't know what to do with it.

If you have any more meatless ideas you can share, it would certainly be a big help to me.

HW: 335 SW: 310 CW: 287

Most Active
Recent Topics