Its Sunday and Ill start the Whats New Today from Sunny Florida

KathiKins
on 3/22/08 10:27 pm - CA
Good Morning, Carla! Happy Easter to everyone who observes....  Good to see you so early, Carla.  Glad you have the day to do what you will.  Sorry to hear it's raining though.  I'm up early as it's actually too hot in our house overnight.  We're having a sort of spring warming trend here in Southern California.  Yesterday, the temperature went into the low 80s around here.  Always hard to adjust to warming trends for me.  Today, we plan to go to brunch with family.  Any excuse to spend time with our grandson.  They will have someone dressed as the Easter Bunny and it's at the golf course.  Our little grandson LOVES golf so he'll have a great time. Annette, I think your cake decorating story is adorable!  I can just imagine. Susan, your trainer idea sounds fascinating.  I didn't realize they were so expensive.  I sure hope it helps. Anyway, I think I'll get dressed and go for a nice long walk.  Might as well put this early hour to some good use! Kathi
Laureen S.
on 3/22/08 11:12 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning to my OFF Sisters and Brothers! A very Happy Easter to those who celebrate this holiday, to the rest, I wish you a wonderful day wherever you are! Annette your story reminds me of when I was married to my 2nd husband and the beautiful Shepard we had, she was so smart, she had learned to open the refrigerator and would help herself to whatever was in there. . .  I learned to keep a toolbox in front of it to keep her out, well this one day, I went home looking forward to these lamb chops that I had bought for dinner the day before, when I walked in the door, only Dillinger came to greet me and I could tell by how he was behaving and the fact that Kara had not followed that something was up, I went into the kitchen eventually to make my dinner and you guessed it, she had gotten into the refrigerator and eaten my lamb chops, I was not pleased, seems my husband had forgot to put the toolbox in it's place. . .  a little different than licking the icing off a cake, but in hindsight it was amazing what this dog would do.   Aime, hope your "coffee dates" continue to bring you a little bit of goodness, as you certainly deserve it!  and I think it's wonderful that perhaps N has now settled into being a new mother and is not feeling threatened by you, enjoy having them there. Susan finding a personal trainer is not easy, they can be very costly, but it's so worth it and a good PT will be able to work around your difficulties. Hugs to you Kathi, out there in Cali! I awoke to a beautiful, albeit, chilly morning and while I've only been up a little over an hour I have cooked my broccolli rabe and some chicken livers, still have to cook some chicken and baby spinach so that my food is made for the work week and I need to vacuum as Dillinger is shedding his winter coat, though I don't know who is shedding more these days, me or him!  In a little while I will take a shower, get dressed and head to Wegman's to pick up some dessert to bring to my DIL's parents house as they invited me for Easter dinner and I thought I should go this time, as I want to stay in good graces with my DIL and it certainly was nice of them to include me, since they know that I'd be alone otherwise, though to me Easter is not a big holiday anyway.  This evening I have my AA meeting and I've been asked to speak at the "spiritual" meeting, hopefully, it will be very small due to the holiday, at least it's in the dark with electric candlelight.  That will bring an end to my weekend, as when I get home it will almost be time for bed. Well time to get back in the kitchen, so I'll check in later to see what the rest of you are up to

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

(deactivated member)
on 3/22/08 11:24 pm - Columbus, GA
Heya! I am off to church, then the 2 hour drive to Atlanta for the in law thing... really looking forward to that Had a great day yesterday.. some tools I had ordered arrived so I got to play with... err, got to work a little ... the new tools worked out great, and made the pen making a little more accurate and quicker... here's the one I did with the new tools... http://www.woodhelp.com/CranberryAcrylicEuro3-22-08.jpg Any time I get to play with my tools is a good day Still freaked out last night with the food... this is really going to take a serious change in lifestyle... right now between 9pm and 11pm I think I have to eat everything in sight... but it's too late to go to the gym or walk really... and I sure don't feel like walking at that time of night... I am usually pooped and just want to relax... *sigh* .... working on it! Hope you all have a great Easter day.....
Judy G.
on 3/22/08 11:49 pm - Galion, OH

Easter BonnetHAPPY EASTER OFF FAMILY!!!!  Easter Basket Child Basket HOPE EVERYONE HAS A NICE HOLIDAY!!! I AM GOING TO MOM'S SEE WHAT SHE IS HAVING THAT I CAN EAT...I AM IN DAY 4 OF THE 5DPT AND DOING PRETTY GOOD!! I AMNOT HUNGRY LIKE BEFORE AND I DON'T FEEL LIKE I AM SO BLOATED. SO I GUESS ITS WROKING!!!! I PROMISED  MYSELF THAT I WOULDN'T WEIGH UNTIL TUESDAY MORNING SO NOT SURE IF I AM LOSING ANY WEIGHT OR NOT. I HOPE I DO!!! LOL

NOT MUCH ELSE ON THE AGENDA FOR TODAY BUT CLEANING HOUSE FOR COMPANY THAT WILL BE COMING HERE FRIDAY....YIPPEEEEE RICK IS COMING TO SEE ME AGAIN!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM!!! HAVEN'T SEEN HIM SINCE VALENTINES....I AM SO EXCITED AND HAPPY ONCE AGAIN!!!! JUST WISH HE COULD FIND A JOB HERE SO HE COULD STAY FOREVER WITH ME.....

WELL BEST GET SHOWER IN AND DISHES DONE AND TAKE BANDIT FOR A WALK HE IS LOOKING OUT THE WINDOW AND WHINNING....HE WANTS HIS WALK EVEN IF IT IS SO COLD OUT!!!!! BRRRRRRRR

AGAIN HAPPY EASTER TO ALL .....HUGS 

(deactivated member)
on 3/23/08 12:30 am - San Juan Capistrano, CA
RNY on 07/11/07 with
Good Morning, Everyone!   Happy Easter!    It's been a busy week.   I finally got Mom to agree to purchase a transport chair (like a wheelchair, but lightweight, no big wheel on the side).  At 89, she walks well, but..... she has torn tendon in the ankle & is in a lot of pain when she walks.  Also, she is short of breath & tires easily due to her heart condition.  She's a little embarrassed to ride in the chair, but I told her with the chair we can wal for 1 or 2 miles, instead of for one short block.  This will be good for me too! Today, I'm helping my 13-year old granddaughter to make her first garment.  I picked the pattern - a simple peasant blouse is perfect for a first project. image of B4685 We're leaving for a trip on Wednesday if I can get everything ready by then.  We plan to go up the Coast.  Then we'll visit SIL & BIL in Oregon.  After that, we may go just a little into Washington, then will be at my Son & DIL's house on April 11/12 & get to enjoy 5 grandchildren!   I miss the children so much, and hate that they're so far away.  We'll probably come home thru Vegas.     I'm a little afraid that traveling my put a crimp in my healthy eating, but I know it doesn't have to.   We're going in an RV, so I can have my regular diet.   We probably won't go out to eat more than 4 times in a week - and I have no problem eating first, then just asking for water or a dinner salad.     I'm more afraid that my head will tell me that I'm on vacation & can do anything I want - not true.   The scale is holding steady & refused to go down at all lately.   I'm taking my scale - I don't want any ugly suprises when I get home.  I hope it will work even if the RV isn't 100% level. Have a great day everyone!
Margo M.
on 3/23/08 1:59 am - Elyria, OH
it's still morning! hello all ! not doing much today- geneaolgy stuff mainly--found a small break in michael's family last nite but not enuff to get me past the brick wall--spellings of names were the big thing in the 1800's-specially in the Polish community it seems.... i'm making city chicken for dinner for us- we had so much ham a few months ago that i am hammed out!-only bought enough of this for one meal which is a god thing.. had my breakfast of protein and a shake already and water but am really wanting to eat today--i want a banana!!!!! no more weight loss ..today is day 5 i'll check in later anyone else want in on the spring fling drawing??tonite is the draw!!!!
Barb_E
on 3/23/08 3:04 am - Grand Island, NE

Wow where do I start, we went to bed after midnight so guess I started the day out doing that.  Then up for sunrise service at church. I am on vaction and will miss be able to check in to see what my over 50 friends are doing. We came home church and need to pack for our trip. but my hubby is snoring in the recliner.  We are going to Florida....and taking the scenic route.  First stop is in Texas to visit cousins, then over to Locust Grove, Ga to see and Aunt and some cousins, then to St. Augustine, Fl to go to a nephew's wedding, then to West Palm Beach to visit more cousins, then over to St. Petersburg to go to a cemetery...( I knew I would have to get in some genealogy on this trip).  Then a long drive to Tollesboro, KY to visit another cousin....would love to do some genealgoy I heard there is a "Lute" cemetery in Ohio only a few miles away and I am researching that name..  Then we will go to Jackson, TN to visit another nephew and his family then back to Grand Island, Nebraska...probably broke and hopefully a few pounds lighter. I am hoping we find warmer weather on our trip it is cold here today.......I bought healthy snacks to take on our trip and also some diet green tea.....maybe I won't be tempted to buy junk food when we stop for gas.  I stocked up on books yesterday to read in the car, that way I won't be back seat driving ....my hubby appreciates that. See ya in 2 weeks.

carlak
on 3/23/08 3:22 am - Bradenton, FL
I live near St Petersberg. about 30 miles!!!!! Carla
image hosting site

Barb_E
on 4/12/08 5:26 am - Grand Island, NE

I drove across that bridge at St. Petersburg, I don't like bridges or heights..........so needless to say I was totally freaking out............my husband just started laughing at me.   The weather was fantastic there.

(deactivated member)
on 3/23/08 5:31 am - Somewhere IN, TX
Barb. WHERE in Texas? Janet
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 384 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1185 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1194 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!