Its Sunday and Ill start the Whats New Today from Sunny Florida

carlak
on 3/22/08 8:47 pm - Bradenton, FL
Hi Carla Here!!!!! Well it is Easter for everyone. I cant believe it is here so fast.  I have the day off and I cant believe Walmart is open!!!!! Not much planned for today. Just Chillin as my holiday isnt till April 19th. Passover that is. Tevia decided to pounce on my head so I decided to get up and start the thread for today from Sunny and rainy Florida. So Talk On. Have a great day!!!!! CArla
image hosting site

Aime B.
on 3/22/08 9:19 pm - Baltimore, MD
Good Sunday Morning and Happy Easter to all who observe!. I am still battling this crud. At least I have kept it from becoming brochitis although it is in my chest. I have been resting and drinking lots of fluids. That in turn sends me reuglarly to recycle those fluids.  My son, N, and grandson are here with me for Easter. We all plan to go to church together this morning. I am surprised that N wanted to go with me. She has always been adamantly opposed to church. It feels good to know they are sleeping just above me. I am off work this week for spring break. I wish I wasn't sick for the break. I would like to plan some outdoor activities. I do need to mow my lawn. My grass is almost too high to mow at this point. For some reason, the idea of mowing before Easter just seemed ridiculous to me. My lawn is the only one in the neighborhood that needs to be mowed. Go figure! Ok- a little on the personal front. I have had 2 coffee dates with this guy. He is a very well spoken, intellgent man who is respectful in every way. He used to be a NYC police officer. He was disabled as a result of breathing in the dust and debris following 9-11. Best is that he isn't married and has a job! Woo hoo!  I hope everyone has a pleasant Sunday and a Happy Easter!

Aime
The love of my OH Family has me humbled!!!!

Judy G.
on 3/22/08 11:38 pm - Galion, OH

I have had 2 coffee dates with this guy. He is a very well spoken, intellgent man who is respectful in every way. He used to be a NYC police officer. He was disabled as a result of breathing in the dust and debris following 9-11. Best is that he isn't married and has a job! Woo hoo! 

SOUNDS LIKE YOU GOT A NICE EASTER BASKET....WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!

HUGS

annette R.
on 3/22/08 9:34 pm - ithaca, NY
Good Morning, Annie is in her usual morning spot, curled up on my lap, helping me catch up on the OFF family. She's content to have me up and out of bed.  We are going to Dave and Mary's for a family celebration. Tomorrow is Mary's birthday so I ordered a cake from the bakery. It still feels odd not to bake the birthday cakes. Too tempting for me so the bakery gets the job. For years I created fancy cakes, even had a small business going. My daughters had pasrty tubes in hand by the time they were 3 years old and loved to help.One time we were making cakes for a friend's baby shower. The order was for one pink and one blue. As I was putting on the finishing touches we noticed our puppy had snuck up on the bench and had licked the frosting off the back of one cake. There was no time but to apply more frosting and deliver the cake. The girls were sworn to secrecy and I was in charge of cutting the cake. They had a giggle fest as they watched me carefully cut and remove that part of the cake. Darned puppy. The two support groups are having a combined meeting to bid farewell to our dietician. Usually they have separate meetings, so this will be fun. We are having a big clothing exchange too. I need to finish clearing out all the clothes from drawers and closets which no longer fit. It has been an adventure trying to have clothes on hand for the past 17 months. There were times that items fit for a week or two then were loose and baggy. Not much for for a non-shopper. Kisses to all Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

susandoeshair
on 3/22/08 9:43 pm - Alexander, AR
Morning one and all, Things have been so busy at work that I haven't been able to do much more here than just check the posts to see if everyone is ok.  So, now it's early, no work today, and I can spend a little more time with my friends. We don't have anything planned for today, just kind of playing it by ear. The kids might come over later, we'll have to see. I'm in the process of finding a new gym and a trainer. I'm sure if I start doing some weight training and build muscle I'll look and feel better. The trick is to find someone who will work with my "situations', that is the  low weight and the Achilles tendon thing. One guy I talked to seemed to know lots about nutrition, but charges $240 a month for 30 min/ 2 times a week. Yikes!  A lady I'm seeing tomorrow is less expensive ($180) but has a degree in nutrition. She might be the one, so I'll let you know what she says. The weather has been just beautiful here, so maybe we'll get outside and do some much needed yard work.  Too many choices! Hugs and smoochies to all

Susan

Darlene
on 3/23/08 12:16 am
Susan, Have you talked to Jeremy?  ask him his advice, he is here for you and will be very helpful.
Women are angels.
...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.

We are flexible.

Darlene

susandoeshair
on 3/23/08 1:50 am - Alexander, AR
Darlene, I don't know who Jeremy is.  Who is this wise sage???

Susan

Darlene
on 3/23/08 2:34 am
he is OH staff, degreed in fitness and all other things, think he is back in your area somewhere, his name is Jeremey Gentles, he has a group with us on  the groups....let me find you a link.
Women are angels.
...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.

We are flexible.

Darlene

susandoeshair
on 3/23/08 2:35 am - Alexander, AR
Dar, your wealth of information is amazing. Thanks again for all you do for me/us!! Big hugs

Susan

Darlene
on 3/23/08 2:40 am
here's his profile for now, email him and tell him your a leader and wants some help...lol http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/jeremygentles/ think he is getting his phd...I've talked to him in person, he is at all the conferences....
Women are angels.

We are flexible.

Darlene

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 378 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1177 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1184 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1122 views