OT Need good thoughts and prayers

JIMSLAFFINGIRL
on 3/26/08 5:16 am - in the sagebrush and cheatgrass of Washington
Normally this is not a place I would post this request, simply because there isnt much anyone can really do, except keep good thoughts and maybe say a few prayers, but this is a hard time, and a few prayers and good feelings would be helpful.  On Monday my son home burned down.  They have a three year old son, and a four month old daughter, and the family is all safe.  ( Divine blessings that I am so grateful for!)  They were living in a rental and of course were uninsured.  They lost everything except for the clothes on their backs.   Tho we can not replace the sentimental and memory value of their things, I am sure we will be able to help get them back on their feet.  The Red Cross is also a wonderful resource and they are helping them to try and find a temporary place to live.   There are local people who are wonderful and trying their best to help this little family back on their feet,  and that is so awesome, but I just thought the more good vibes going their way and prayers will certainly help them find balance in this time of crisis.   Thanks everyone.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 
Laureen S.
on 3/26/08 5:21 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Valerie, For sure prayers and positive thoughts are going out and thank God they were not injured, when I was 10, we had a fire two days after Christmas and lost everything, so I was old enough to remember what that was like, it's not fun, but things will get better and Red Cross is an excellent resource! God Bless them as they get through this situation. Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

JIMSLAFFINGIRL
on 3/26/08 5:31 am - in the sagebrush and cheatgrass of Washington
Thank you Laureen.  I am so grateful everyone is ok.  It is very frightening and of course everyone is a little shaken.  I appreciate your kind words and the prayers.   Bless you. 
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 
Linda S.
on 3/26/08 5:25 am - PHOENIX, AZ
I am so sorry to hear this, your family has my prayers. Thank God they are all well.

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

Connie D.
on 3/26/08 5:36 am
Hello Valarie.....what a sad thing to go through for that young family. I will be sure to send prayers and good thoughts their way . The Red Cross will be a great resource...they will be okay. Sure glad they all got out and no one was hurt. God Bless!! Hugs, connie d
Brenda R.
on 3/26/08 6:09 am - Portage, IN
I am sending a lot of prayers and hopes for your family. I ask that God wrap them in the safe cirlcle of his arms and give them peace, acceptance and courage for the coming days. I am so glad that they were taken care of and no one was hurt in the fire.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter 
                        that tells what kind of life you have lived.

oh_c_card-2.gif picture by kittikat22

Margo M.
on 3/26/08 7:02 am - Elyria, OH
i'm very sorry that it took a sad event like this to bring you back to the board--i am glad to see you--and look at you--losing!!! and a beautiful picture!!!! valerie; you don't even need to explain the whole situation to us...prayers are going up!  please try not to be a stranger to us!!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 3/26/08 10:19 am - Westerville, OH
((((((((((((( hugs & prayers )))))))))))))
fhgt48
on 3/26/08 12:04 pm - Caldwell, ID
You and your family  have my thoughts and prayers. This has to be very devastating for your son and the whole family. This is a fear for a lot of us. I really need to get my computer backups somewhere besides here for future needs like this.  I am really thinking this as I sit here in a big lightning storm. Maybe flood insurance also, since it is pouring buckets right now.  I am sending prayers that they do well and come out on top of this in all ways possible. Such are some of our trials in life. Some times they just don't seem fair.  Diana

Cajun Angel
on 3/27/08 1:53 pm - New Orleans, LA
Valerie, prayers and good thoughts for your son and his young family.  What a terrible thing to happen.  Please keep us posted as to how they're doing. Debbie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 384 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1185 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1194 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1130 views