Shoulder Bursitis - what to take?

theelopers
on 4/21/11 8:58 pm - Glendale, AZ
Going to my PCP today.  I think I have bursitis in my shoulder!  Ouchie!  It has been hurting for about a week.  Mom said take Aleve...said nope!  AVOID THE A's and TAKE THE T's...that's one thing that stuck in this pea brain of mine since the beginning!  Tylenol isn't touching it! 

Any suggestions?

HW: 336      BW:323     CW:265     GW:180

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!

Theresa C.

carlak
on 4/21/11 10:32 pm - Bradenton, FL
 Oh my god Im going thru the same thing. I have so much pain in my shoulder I cant stand it!!!!! I go for medical massages on my shoulder every week and my insurance is paying for it. I did get some cortisone shot in it last July and it didnt even help for about a month. do you workk on a computer? I think that is my culpret!!!!!!. I do take the advil for it but eat before you take it. 
Carla
image hosting site

theelopers
on 4/22/11 2:57 am, edited 4/22/11 2:57 am - Glendale, AZ
Yep...that's my job!  It just started the end of last week...didn't do anything out of the ordinary either!  Hurts like heck!

Theresa C.

Karen S.
on 4/22/11 3:11 am - Wailuku, HI
Aloha Theresa......Sorry for your pain. I know personally how that feels. I have tendonitis in my right shoulder, and at first it got so bad I could not raise my arm higher than my waist. Had 3 cortisone shots and no pain for about five years. Then, it hit again, and now after one cortisone shot, it has been fine for another year and a half. Works for some, not so much for others.

Good luck in finding relief from your pain. It can be awful.

Aloha nui loa,

Maui Karen

islandqueen38
on 4/23/11 1:45 am
Oh memories.  After I had my surgery Feb. The only bad pain I had was in my shouldiers Man it was so severe.  They gave me morphine and I had to take it 4 more times only after surgery.  I only took them when the pain was so severe. I couldn't understand why I had pain in my shoulders when the surgery was on my tummy.   They worked like a charm.   So thankful.  Hope you are feeling better.
                                                                                                                  Doris QC.

theelopers
on 4/24/11 8:56 pm - Glendale, AZ
Doris - Probably the reason your shoulders hurt so bad is from the "release" of the air they use to bloat your tummy up.  I know it sounds weird but I had that pain when they took my gall bladder out...and they said it was from the "air" they bloat the tummy with.

Theresa C.

islandqueen38
on 4/24/11 11:28 pm
I.  thought of that and was aware but you wouldn't think that if it was gas the morphone would take the pain away.  I havn't had it since.  I feel great. I am losing slowly but like the Dr. said you don't have 500 lbs. to lose.  He is right.  I guess we just like instant results. -------- Doris QC.

poegirl100
on 4/23/11 1:36 pm - Cibolo, TX
I get something that I call "mouse shoulder".  It's always my right shoulder and when I spend too much time on the computer, using the mouse, it starts to ache and bother me, sometimes so much I can't sleep.  The thing I noticed is that I tend to leave my hand on the mouse all the time, whether I'm using it or not.  So I'm trying to break myself of that habit, and just bring my arm back to my side when I'm not using the  mouse.  It does help, but sometimes I just have to go "cold turkey" and stay completely off the mouse and the computer for several days until it quits hurting.

And no, Tylenol doesn't do a damn thing for me!  I miss Advil!

Vickie 

theelopers
on 4/24/11 8:54 pm, edited 4/24/11 8:57 pm - Glendale, AZ
PCP said it sounds like a swollen tendon. Told me to take two Edoltolac a day with meals for two weeks. If not any better need to go back.

There's a lump too and he said it may be a fatty tumor or a cyst and not to worry about it. But that's where the pain is! Ugh!

I also am beginning to think that there may be a pinched nerve in that area as my hand keeps going numb (noticed that this weekend) and as soon as I hang my arm to my side it begins to release the "numbness".

Theresa C.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1116 views