Age 57

SelfPay
on 5/8/11 2:56 pm
I dont know why but for some reason I'm thinking I must be the oldest guy on the forum having my RNY on Thursday.  Anyone else had it done after age 55? 

In any case, onward.  I'm looking forward to it in order to make to the finish line in life.   Thanks.
Eileen Briesch
on 5/8/11 3:57 pm - Evansville, IN
Naw, you're definitely not the oldest ... plenty of people here had theirs in their 60s (Pat Root, for one).

Welcome to OFF. Stick around ... it's good to have another guy here. Good luck on Thursday.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

SelfPay
on 5/8/11 4:17 pm
Thanks Eileen.  I'm self pay so besides all the other reasons I should have this done, I have $24,000 additional reasons to be accountable and motivated.
George T.
on 5/8/11 5:50 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
I had mine at 56.  Age wasn't the issue.  My health was.  Easy decision.  But my insurance paid for it.  Good luck to you.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!                   

obxlady
on 5/8/11 9:06 pm
My husband has his RNY in August, 2010, he's 57.  He's doing great!!!  No complications and better health.  He's loving his 91 lb.  weight loss.  I think he's got approx. 50 lbs. more to go before he's at goal.  He says he'd recommend it anyone...it saved his life!!

Best of luck to  you on your new adventure.

Cindy
Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 5/8/11 11:10 pm - Green Valley, AZ
Hi Self,
   I had my RNY on 1/11/11 at the ripe old age of 60. Best thing I've done for myself. I'm already off several meds. I can move easily even though I still use a walker. I'm looking forward to the day I no longer need it. I would do it all again.   Mag  

VNARN
on 5/9/11 2:08 am - Desert Hot Springs, CA
I am in the pipeline for WLS and turned 58 on Friday.
shelto1946
on 5/10/11 12:44 am
Dear SP,

I was 61 when I had my RnY in october, 2008.  I will be 65 in December, and feel better than I have in years.  I had to have some extra testing done due to my age [cardiac eval] but all went well.  I had about the most optimum post-op course imaginable--virtually no pain, diabetic sugars normalized within a week, and back to work in 8 days.  Not everyone has the same post-op course, but whatever yours it, you just take it a day at a time. 

Good luck with your surgery and with the great adventure you are about to embark on.  I don't think you will regret this for a minute!  Keep coming back and let everyone know how you are doing.

Meanwhile, good wishes to all in recovery today and prayers and hope to all who are struggling. 

Judy G from Waltham, MA [aka Shelto1946]
SelfPay
on 5/10/11 3:20 am
Thanks everyone!
Priscilla V.
on 5/10/11 6:12 am - Corry, PA
Don't sweat it.  I am  54 and did it for my health.  I am post op 12 days and I feel wonderful.  My sugar levels are normal, I am moving around better than I have in a long time!!  You go for it.

Priscilla

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 386 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1186 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1195 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1132 views