What I love about this Forum!

Helen S.
on 5/22/11 1:40 am - TX
Hi Everyone! I'm Helen, and I've talked to some of you, but I have to admit, most of the time I'm a silent reader, looking for information, tips, motivation, personal experiences, etc.  I'm 60 yrs old and soooo glad there is this over 50 forum so I can read about and correspond with people I can relate to. I was just reading a post from someone who is scheduled for surgery Tuesday and in reading all the resonses I realized how amazing this forum is. There were responses from those who are also having surgery soon and will be "going through it" with them, and responses from those who are already success stories and can offer sooooo much valueable information to those of us who inevitable will ask the same questions they've answered a million times.  So that's what I love about this forum!!!!

Connie D.
on 5/22/11 3:27 am, edited 5/22/11 3:27 am
I love this forum because people here really care...we support each other in the good...the bad...and the ugly.
We don't argue and fight like some of the boards with their cruel remarks and being so judgmental of everyone.
I am blessed to be a part of such a wonderful group of friends!!
I can't imagine where I would be today without the support and friendship of this great group of people!!

Love you all...hugs....connie d
lynnc99
on 5/22/11 9:03 am
I don't manage to post here all that often but enjoy reading regularly. There is a lot of good spirit, camaraderie, and wisdom here....as well as a dose of common sense and caring.

I have been fortunate to meetMonica and Carla on my last FL trip, as well...new friends from OFF!

VNARN
on 5/22/11 11:11 am - Desert Hot Springs, CA
I heartily concur.  This is the most supportive, fun, and helpful message board I have ever happened upon.  Thank goodness I found it.
Laureen S.
on 5/23/11 2:23 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Yup Helen, you are soooooooooo right, we've got a good thing here and it continues to increase with each new poster, I've had the privlege of meeting a good number of the gals on this board and even one of the gentlemen, and they are just as wonderful in person as they appear to be on here. . .

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Helen S.
on 5/23/11 6:31 am - TX
Really? Is there a WLS convention or something? I need to start planning!!! Oh wait, I need to get my surgery first. LOL
George T.
on 5/23/11 4:03 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
Good advice given from good people here.  Also, lots of non-judgemental friendship.

I don't post nearly as much as I used to.  Don't know why, but Facebook is part of it.  Another part is I am lazy and finding other things to do at work.  Like watch TV.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!                   

crice
on 5/24/11 12:46 am - Crown City, OH
Hi Helen

I'm a silent reader also I don't post much but like you looking for information and sometimes encouragenent.  Wishing you the best.

Connie

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 386 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1186 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1195 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1132 views