I love this board....thanks for the feedback

Patricia R.
on 5/26/11 3:19 am - Perry, MI
Thanks everyone for the supportive comments in today's "What's New?" about my decision making concerning moving to Michigan. 

To clarify, if I were to move to Michigan, I would be living in my own place, renting either a house or apartment.  I would never live with my daughter.  They don't have room, and I love her too much to encroach on her personal life that way.  Secondly, and this is the good news, my son-in-law stays home with the kids, and my daughter made it clear that would continue regardless of my availability.  So, I just need to decide if I want to move closer to my daughter and her family.  Right now, it is a 12 hour drive, and I have to split it up into two days, because I can't drive that far in one day alone.  I usually visit my younger son in Pittsburgh en route.  I usually get to see the Munchkins once or twice a year here, and then once or twice in Michigan, depending on my travel.   When they are here, I have to share them with the other grandparents, as my daughter stays at her father's house.  I also have to share with my Mother and Sister when they come over to my apartment.  I just would love the opportunity to live in the same community, and go to church with them, and help babysit for them when they go out, or whatever. 

I will pray over this one.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Judy G.
on 5/26/11 3:58 am - Galion, OH

Wishing you the best Trish in whatever you do....

HUGS

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 5/26/11 4:47 am - Green Valley, AZ
Trish,
   Thanks for the info. I lived very close to my brother when his two girls were little. It was so grand to be able to watch them grow and be a part of the day to day happening. Amy, her husband and 2 girls live in North Dakota. We only see them 2 to 4 times a year. I miss watching them grow. Wish I was closer, but Ellen and I both agree that Grand Forks is not for us. lol. Can you see moving from Arizona to the freezing tundra. That would be a real shock!!!!
    Take care,   Mag   

poegirl100
on 5/26/11 4:48 am - Cibolo, TX
Whatever you decide, if you pray about it, God will lead you in the right direction.  I feel the same way about my grandson.  I don't want to intrude, just want to be close enough to be part of his life.  It will all work out for the best. 

Vickie 

Monica B.
on 5/26/11 5:21 am - Emery, SD
Thanks for the info into the situation. The "Traveling Bra Squad" is here for all of us to lean, learn, rant, laugh, cry, and share with. No where else can I really turn with issues and my baggage. I know I get sustaining grace in what gets said to me, funny how we can fill this space with life items that really matter...oh to be so authentic in face to face encounters....dud as Gibbs would say.
Hope the toes are feelin better today.

lynnc99
on 5/26/11 10:15 pm
Love it Monica - the "traveling bra squad"!
Laureen S.
on 5/27/11 1:59 am - Maple Shade, NJ
You will intutively know. . .  via prayer and meditation. . .

Hugs Trish

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 378 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1176 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1184 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1122 views