Wednesday What's UP?

obxlady
on 7/13/11 7:42 am
Happy late Wednesday afternoon OFF friends!!  So much going on in everyone's lives....I'm like others who posted, I love coming here daily and reading the happenings of everyones lives.  Rejoicing in the good things that happen and praying for the needed things in everyones lives. 

Have been busy, just like you all, and along with that, not feeling real well so I've just been a lurker for the past several days.  Debbie Jean, I have been dealing with this crazy dizziness...ugh!!  I HATE this mess.  It's a come & go problem, one that I could live without!!  I've been having horrible sinus headaches daily for this past week, so I know it's inner ear junk.  Any who, life goes on.

I've been working on applying for my special needs daughter, Rachael's, Medicaid.  She's now considered an adult and that changes her benefits.  We applied for SS on her last BD, she was approved but has to wait 2 yrs. for Medicare.  Rachael has Downs Syndrome and Autism plus some medical issues so she's not insurable.  So Medicaid is a blessing for people, like Rachael, *****ally needs help.  Now, reading all of the news on financial crisis and budget cuts for Medicare & Medicaid and SS.  Scares the hell out of me and I'm sure millions of others who depend on such.  Lots of prayer needed for our Nation!!  Yesterday we took Rachael to VA Beach, which is a couple of hrs. away, to her Psychologist for follow up/meds renewal.  The medicine he has her own cost $689.00, Medicaid pays all but $2.00. I told my DH on the way home, we're in a bucket load of mess if this Medicaid problem pans out.  Folks like Rachael need their medicines.  And there's sooo many, too many in fact, that have no coverage and don't/can't take medication for their problems.  Such a problem. 

Nothing much going on.  Battling this weight gain/reactive hypoglycemia problems.  The Endo Dr. has me on new meds and checking blood sugar an hour after each meal.  Last night, after dinner of meat & vegges, an hour later I tested, had good numbers.  Not even an hour after that, I begin feeling weird, got my tester, BS was 49.  My DH had to rush into the kitchen and grab me something to eat fast.  So this problem is whipping my butt big time.  I go back to this Dr. next week.  Cant' wait to see what phase 2 holds. 

Enough whining.  I'm thankful for those of you who take out of your busy schedules to post.  It honestly makes my day to come here & read.  Praying for all who need it.

Cindy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 378 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1177 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1184 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1122 views