My countdown....10 days

Easygo847
on 10/7/11 1:35 pm
10 days till my surgery. Oct 18, 2011. I have lost inches but only 3 lbs. I was asked to lose 10 .I have cut back but not enough. My mind is very worried. Can I do this?. Will I have the mindset to do this forever. Can I really keep up with my regiment of swimming and chair exercizes? I have made my body a safe place to hide and make excuses. I am rambling and cannot think of anything else.  Did I finish my check list. My husband is giving me hugs and telling me it will be alright. Boy am I lucky......but boy I can't wait till it is over.
carlak
on 10/8/11 12:27 am - Bradenton, FL
 Hi There,
Welcome to the pre surgery jitteries!!!!! I had them the day before my surgery this last time. I wsa going nuts on the Sunday before!!!!!
I get back to Florida next Friday and my husband cant wait. I have been gone over three weeks. My buddies want me to stay longer but I am anxious to get home. I need to go back to work and and also find a fulltime job.
I am going to Chicago on Tuesday for 2 days to see my daughter and get my hair cut and see my new nephew. 
Keep yourself busy and away from the kitchen!!!!!
Carla
image hosting site

Connie D.
on 10/8/11 1:09 am
Most all of us have felt this way...you will do just great!!

See you on the Loser's Bench!!

Hugs...connie d
Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 10/8/11 4:52 am - Green Valley, AZ
Hi Easy,

I think most people have the pre surgery jitters. It's only normal. Since I am far from normal I don't have that problem. Instead I tend to have "buyer's remorse."  What have I done. What I have done is give myself a new lease on life and an improved attitude about life as well. You can do this.  Mag  

Eileen Briesch
on 10/8/11 5:20 am - Evansville, IN
You'll be OK. We're all a bit nervous before. And after you lose weight, you'll be able to do more than chair exercises. (Or at least I was until I had my knee replacement, which screwed everything up.)

Relax, breathe. Everything will be OK.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Patricia R.
on 10/8/11 7:40 pm - Perry, MI
 The beauty part of this surgery is that you only have to take it one day at a time.  We will be here to help you get past the jitters and to answer questions that come up as you proceed forward in your weight loss journey.

Hang in there.  You will do great.  

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

poegirl100
on 10/9/11 12:38 am - Cibolo, TX
Welcome!  You have come to the right place for hugs and support!  Just keep posting.

Took me a long time to decide to do this surgery ( this was my 2nd WLS), but I'm so glad I did.  The nerves and fears you are experiencing are very common.  The thing to remember is that as the weight begins to fall off, your motivation to succeed will continue to rise!  So take heart, enjoy the fact that you have your husband's support, and hold on for just a few more days!

See you on the Loser's Bench!

Vickie 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 384 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1185 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1194 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1130 views