Sunday Jan. 8th - Good Morning

Pat R.
on 1/7/12 8:36 pm - Sturgis, MI
Happy to be starting the thread for today.  Everything is good in my life.  Stepped on the scales
this morning and I am down another pound.....looked at last years weight and I am 2 1/2 lbs less than a year ago.....I'm happy.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Pat r

grammylew
on 1/7/12 10:26 pm - Jacksonville, NC
Good mornin' ya'll.
Pat, that is great news. Any amount down is better than any amount up!
Biscuits and gravy this morning. Also BLTs for the grandson. But son and DIL prefer biscuits and gravy. My pouch lets me eat about 1/4 of a biscuit with a little gravy. I have to use Lactaid milk so our DIL and I can eat it!
Weather has warmed up nicely since Wednesday. I hear a big cold front will be coming our way again. But right now, I love to see the sunshine out my window.
I spoke with my Sis yesterday. The doctor has put her on oxygen 24/7. I think she has needed it since at least last summer when I went to see her. She was thinking she could just use it now and then. But she soon learned that the difference when using it is so great that she is using it all the time! As she should.
Hope everyone has a fantabulous Sunday!

Grammylew in Jax

Patricia R.
on 1/7/12 10:32 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Pat and Family,
Congrats on the weight loss. 

I am still in the hospital. Got a nice surprise yesterday. My son drove down from New York and visited me.  He is so thoughtful. Also my sis-in-law came by and gave me a Smash Journal which is sort of an old fashioned scrapbook. 

Hope everyone has a blessed day. 

Hugs,

Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

lightswitch
on 1/7/12 11:10 pm

Yesterday's trip to the mueum was wonderful.  DH, the grandkids, and I spent four or five hours going from one display to another.  I think we all loved the sculptures the best but I tended to like the more abstract, while my grandson loved the ones made from scrapes, DH loved the steel, and of course Baby Girl loved the concrete duplications of humans and cartoon characters.  The museum alson had a couple of Native American Exhibits that wer pretty cool and one display of stone age things.  And the paintings were nice too.  

Today, I am taking the children home and DH and I are meeting friends and all of us are going to watch War Horse.  I know that I will cry so I am not wearing any makeup and will take a box of tissue.  I cried during the trailer.  So, big emotional one.  

Then, tonight, I am meeting some of my colleagues for coffee.  A few of us are planning on doing work in the delta and I've been put in charge of the project.  

Hopefully, I will be in bed before midnight.  

Hope all of you have a great day.  

susandoeshair
on 1/8/12 10:22 am - Alexander, AR
 Jeannie, so glad you enjoyed Crystal Bridges!  We wan to go soon. Gary's a real museum lover, me... Not so much.  But, I've heard lots of wonderful thing about it

Susan

lightswitch
on 1/8/12 11:00 am

Susan,

It's a work in progress and once they get all of it completed, it will be amazing.  The museum fits in with the mountain perfectly and has walls of glass so that you can look out between exhibits and see the beautiful mountain.  It sits around and partly on top of crystal springs and they have temporarily damed up the stream that comes down the mountain or rerouted it but as soon as they get the landscapped on either side of the small ravine, they will route it back.  They have added some very interesting rocks that will increase the beauty of the little river so that when you stand atop the bridge or look out of building, you will see rushing water coming down the mountain and I'm sure parts of it are a waterfalls.  

There are tons of walking and hiking trails as well as water activities.  Eventually, they will have guided nature hikes but for now, they ask that you stay on the trails that they have provided.  Of course, you know how abundant the wildlife is in the ozarks, so it is not unusual to see herds of deer on the side of the road, but my grandchildren and I were looking out of one of the rooms and about twenty deer walked up to the lake and started drinking.  The musuem has these sitting rooms between exhibits that have comfortable chairs that are facing the huge floor to ceiling glass walls, and on each table are these wonderful books about art and nature, and there are tons of iPads for use and one room for children is art interactive so they get to listen to a tape and watch on an ipad and draw or paint.  There's a drama room where the kids can dress up like the characters in the paintings.  It is really nice and will be wonderful some day.  You should come up on a nice warm day and plan on taking a nature hike.  Let me know and I'll go with you.  It will be fun. 

susandoeshair
on 1/8/12 11:04 am - Alexander, AR
 Indeed, it would! How far is it for you?

Susan

lightswitch
on 1/8/12 8:09 pm
It's about 28 miles from my house and it is straight up the freeway and once off the signs guide you. 
Judy G.
on 1/7/12 11:28 pm - Galion, OH

Morning Pat and OFF family!!!

Looks like I finally made it in here early for a change!! LOL

Last night my shoulders hurt so bad I couldn't stand it any longer so I had Rick give me a nice massage and went to bed. AHHHH I feel so much better today!! Not sure what brought that pain on but glad its gone today!!!

Pat I am so happy for you to be down a couple more pounds!! You go girlfriend!!! Also happy that you finally met a guy and its working out great!!! WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Trish hope that you get out of the hospital soon and will be ok...great that your son came to visit you!!!

Carolyn you have a great family and I am so happy for you!!!!

Jeanne you also make me smile with your family stories and having a good time with them!!! :-) I am still waiting to get the book WAR HORSE so I can read it and I will wait til the movie comes out on DVD so I can cry in my own home...;-)

Thinking of ham and eggs for breakfast right now so going to go make it...Sun is out and 28* yikes brrrr lol

Thoughts and Prayers for all that need them!!!

HUGS

Pat R.
on 1/8/12 1:18 am - Sturgis, MI
 Correction on last year's weight -- duh I was looking at 2010 -- I am 10 3/4 lbs lower than last year....woo hoo!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1117 views