Good Morning OFF Wednesday World! What's New:

karen C.
on 2/7/12 8:40 pm - Kennewick, WA
Back in a flash!

Karen C

karen C.
on 2/7/12 8:52 pm - Kennewick, WA

So, I've been up since 3am. Showered, packed, sorted, resorted, found my airsickness pills and put them within reach. They do me no good in my checked bag!

I faced a rather difficult thing last night. Those of you who know me and how I love to go just about anywhere, especially if it's free or nearly free will understand. I'm checking the 3 of us in on line last night for our trip to Kauai this morning and. . .  "the flight is overbooked;would you like to volunteer?"  Darn right! Oops,, forgot 2 other people are with me, we have a condo res starting tonight, a car rented. How hard do you think it was for me to check that we were not interested? If the same thing happens on the way home it will be hard for me to turn down. $400.00 voucher each, motel and fly out the next day. No guarantee that they won't get you on at the last minute and then we might not get to sit together. My husband hates flying so I think we better stick with the plan so that we don't ruffle his feathers more than they already are.

Packing up heading out; I'll check in later. Take care,

Karen C

Connie D.
on 2/8/12 12:51 am
Good morning Karen and everyone....

Karen.....I hope you have a wonderful vacation!! You did forget to pack something....ME....LOL!!!  Take lots of pics! I will be waiting to hear about all your new adventures!!!

I am not doing much today. My pouch is kind of off today. I don't know why as I have been eating very healthy. Maybe it is wondering where the cookies and chips are....LOL. I set up my pills for the week and also my sister's. I ordered the pills she is low on as well.

Glad everyone seems  to be doing okay. Hope Mag is feeling better today. It was wonderful that Vickie updated us on Nan's condition. I sure have been so worried about Nan.

Wishing you all a good day. Prayers for so many in need.

Love and hugs to all.....connie d
Patricia R.
on 2/7/12 9:01 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Karen,
Good call on that almost overbooked decision.  

I have a podiatrist appointment this morning.  It is a long overdue follow-up appointment that I rescheduled from last week, and last month.  Then, the wound nurse is coming by to observe my wounds and change my dressings.

I hope everyone has a great day.  Prayers for those who need them.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Marti O.
on 2/7/12 9:24 pm
Very  tempting on the overbooked...but you know you made the right call.

I envy you going on vacation....and some place warm....I would not choos Hawaii however, lovely place, but I cannot stand the endless flight to get there from Wisconsin....you are chasing the sun and the daylight nevers ends.I go crazy. The last time we went there I told Mike "I think we should stay for 3 weeks, because I am never going back. If I have to fly this long point me in the other direction and take me to Italy."

Well I have a 3 hour Seminar today on Foreclosures [I have been to several]...unfortunately they are prevelant in our marketplace nowadays. There were 5 pages of foreclosures in the newspaper yesterday just in our small area. Lots of heart break for lots of people.but we deal with the banks and mortgage brokers. They are not a lot of fun, but a necessary evil. Poor buyers are out on a limb sometimes waiting to get accepted offer or just to even close. Depends on the lender.

Then I am going to pick up a friend that I help out and take her grocery shopping. Then we have to go to Mass at 5:15 [Ash Wednesday] and then we are going to a friend's house for dinner.

It is cold here....but sunny and no wind ...so that helps.
Have a great day..M

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle"

poegirl100
on 2/7/12 10:21 pm - Cibolo, TX
Good morning Karen, Trish and Marti!  And all my OFF sistas to come!

Oh, Karen, happy travels today!  You all are just going to have the BEST time!

Before I forget, I wanted to post an update on Nan Horton.  Got an update from her husband on the email last night.  It was very uplifting news:

"Nancy saw the oncologist today, and we had a rundown on some recent tests. Two weeks ago the doctor stopped her chemo because Nancy was becoming so weak and dizzy. We were very concerned. Since she stopped the chemo she has become more active and is able to accomplish some things. At the doctors today, we were told that the tumor in her chest was reduced by 1/3. There were three tumors in her brain, but one is not seen anymore, and the other two have reduced by 1/2. The doctor is reducing the chemo treatment to allow Nancy to have a better go of it. We appreciate all the prayers and wishes. (they seem to be working)... will update again in about a week as Nancy continues to improve."

I sent her a quick note, telling her that she is missed here on OFF and asking about little Morgan.  If I hear anything more, I'll let you all know.

So, have any of you ever heard or or tried Quest Protein bars?  I ordered a few sample bars yesterday.  Each bar has 20 gr of protein, abt 200 cals, and are gluten free.  I love my ProJo protein drinks (which also have 20 gr of protein and only 120 cals each), but sometimes you just need to be able to drop a bar in your purse and go.  Especially when I do all that driving on travel days.  It's hard to find a snack that isn't "bad" for me on the road.

Juan is back again today.  I find it very ironic that my DH is now telling ME how much there is to be done around here before we can put the house on the market.  Oh really, honey?  I didn't know!  LOLOLOLOL!  I told him to make the best use of their day today, because I think it is about the last time we can afford to have Juan here this week.  That $100 a day per diem adds up pretty fast!

Anyway, today I am serving ham, turnip greens, black eye peas, leftover mac n cheese, and leftover jalapeno cheese bread.  Everything is already cooked, except for the peas, thank goodness!  I'm getting a little tired of producing these big noon dinners, although it is nice not to have to worry about cooking supper at night.

We are still waiting to hear back from our Realtor.  I thought he would come out yesterday afternoon, but he must have gotten tied up.  Also the carpet cleaning people are supposed to come out today to give me an estimate on cleaning the carpets.  And I would very much like to get back to my list of things to do TGRTSH (to get ready to sell the house).  I made a start on cleaning out the very overstuffed bookcase here in the office.  I need to finish that, and then start on the one in the living room. 

I'd better go hop in the shower and get ready to face the day.  I am feeling much more energized since starting the GF diet 4 days ago.  I noticed a marked decrease in the urge to snack last night.  Hurray! 

Love you all!

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 2/8/12 12:44 am
Good morning Vickie....thank you so much for updating us on Nan. I have been so worrried about her. I will definitely keep up the prayers and good thoughts for both Nan and Morgan.

Love and hugs.......connie d
Eileen Briesch
on 2/8/12 2:58 am - Evansville, IN
Vickie, thanks for the update on Nan.

I love the Quest bars. I ordered the Cinnamon Roll ones and tried one last night ... very good. It was funny, I ordered just one of the Cashew Coconut ones to try, and they sent me a whole box ... for the price of one. Good deal. I haven't had a bad one yet ... Brownie, Apple Pie, Cinnamon, you name it.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

poegirl100
on 2/8/12 4:02 am - Cibolo, TX

Eileen,

Oh, that's good to know about the Quest bars.  I ordered 4 sample bars:  coconut cashew, strawberry cheesecake, vanilla almond crunch, and peanut butter supreme.  I'm trying to stay away from anything with chocolate in it.  Don't want to wake the dragon!  LOL!

Vic

Eileen Briesch
on 2/8/12 7:02 am - Evansville, IN
I love the vanilla almond crunch ... tastes a bit like a bit o honey bar. The coconut cashew smells like a mounds bar without the chocolate. I'm not a fan of strawberry so I didn't order that; I also ordered the cinnamon roll ... omg, they are good. and the fudge brownie smell like brownies.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 372 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1170 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1178 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!