Happy Monday! How are you?

Nancy B
on 7/15/12 5:12 pm - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
Hello, everyone! Happy Monday! I am on my way in a few hours to Hamilton, an hour away, to attend my appointment at the Juravinsky Cancer Centre again.  This time I am visiting the Genetic Study Clinic. I am armed with volumes of paperwork listing my family history....a little complicated since my Mother’s family on her maternal side is humungous, being Irish/French Catholic….lol.  Then there’s my grandfather’s side…I do not know as much about them as apparently my grandfather rarely spoke of his family. The document asks if I have any cousins!!! There aren’t enough sheets of paper to list them all.  However, I have what I have…I have my mama in August and then in September, I see my Oncologist again.  

On Saturday, I gave myself a present.  My eyebrows and lashes have always been white since I am a natural blonde and VERY pale-skinned...always have people asking me if I am well.

Well, I had my EYELINER  tattooed on! It did NOT hurt a bit! The lady doing it, Derek’s ladyfriend’s best friend, was very experienced and gave me extra freezing because of my Arimidex cancer meds so all I felt was buzzing *s*. I got a solid line on the top lids and dots on the bottom and wow….what a difference it makes on my face. Last month I had my BROWS tattooed on….she was even able to add some “lift” to my eyes by the curve of my brows.  The brows are taupe colour so they look very natural…..the eyeliner is a brown/black. It all looks so natural…wishing I had done this YEARS ago.

Kathy (Derek's lady) had it done because she is a professional chef and working in hot kitchens caused her makeup to sweat off....she always looked so perfectly made up, I finally asked how she always managed to look ready to go out *s* and she told me. Ya learn something every day!  I have to say that I am so NOT stressed anymore now that my sisters have been given their inheritance and I no longer have to deal with them. I wish them well but I’ve walked away from them both after their hypocracy and greed blew me away…I’m taking the higher road.  So my tattoos are my way of celebrating my “independence”.  We so badly need rain here for the peaches, cherries and grapes.   The Old Town of Niagara is full of tourists because of the huge Re-Enactment of the War of 1812 right in our backyard pretty well.   Re-Enactors from all over Canada and the US come to participate in historic costumes and demonstrate the skirmishes and battles….we even have Tall Ships in the Niagara River and Lake Ontario...our remarkable Fort George is amazing with workshops, enactments all day long, historic bands-drums and fifes, camps, cooking time-appropriate meals, education and fun for two whole weeks.  What fun!  I see we have several new ladies joining us and I welcome you to our wonderful family group *s*.  Best wishes and healing energy sent to those with surgeries, pain and other issues.   Everybody please enjoy a safe and happy week! Nancy B
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Patricia R.
on 7/15/12 9:05 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Nancy and OFF Sisters to follow,
Nancy, Good for you for getting the eyebrows and eyeliner tatooed on.  I'm glad it didn't hurt.  The war re-enactors sound wonderful too.  Near where I live, they have a re-enactment of Washington crossing the Delaware every Christmas.  The year I went to see it, the weather was perfect for an outing, sweater temperature.  

For today, I have an appointment with my surgeon, who will hopefully take out my stitches and give me the biopsy report.  Then, this afternoon, I have my volunteer work.  Not sure if I posted about how I started volunteering at an agency that helps addicts/alcoholics in early recovery.  They have referrals to recovery houses, provide help with job searches, offer peer to peer recovery coaching, groups and many other services.  It's the perfect place for me to use my social work skills and knowledge of addictions.  

I have a little container garden on my doorstep patio.  In it, I have one tomato plant, some morning glories, a geranium, a pot of petunias and my Christmas cactus.  My pitiful tomato plant has one lonely tomato, and about 7 blossoms that hopefully will become tomatoes.  My son, Sean, in Pittsburgh, gave me a bunch of morning glory seedlings in May when I was out there.  I planted them in a long pot, and got a trellis for them.  They were slow to start climbing, but now they are great.  

Well, I hope everyone has a truly blessed day.

Huggles,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Jo W.
on 7/15/12 10:50 pm, edited 7/16/12 12:24 am - Owosso, MI
Good Morning OFF friends!   just A FAST run by from Owosso this am.   I wanted to wish everyone a great Monday  morning  hoping it will lead to a great week for you all!   prayers from our house to yours!     Jo
grammylew
on 7/15/12 11:05 pm - Jacksonville, NC
Good mornin' ya'll.
Trish, here we have morning glories running rampent. They try to choke out my holly tree, lilacs and any other tree/bu**** can get it's tenticles on. Our son or our yard guy spend hours digging them up but they always come back. I love morning glories, but not at the expense of my other florae!
Nancy, you always sound so upbeat! I also have blonde eyebrows because I was born a blonde. If I knew someone I could trust that did that kind of thing, I'd have my eyes done, too.
Trish, I hope you have good news from your surgeon! And I'm sure your volunteer work is both satisfying to you and much needed by the folks you help.
Today, I have things to order for my DH. He is losing his pants since he has lost a few more pounds. He is now into a size he can get in any store here. But he loves the ones he gets at King Size. So, I order them for him online.
Looks like another gorgeous day in paradise.
Everyone have a fantabulous day!!

Grammylew in Jax

JuJu2012
on 7/16/12 12:19 am - Rutledge, GA
RNY on 07/17/12
Good Monday Morning Friends!  Well, it's done...I've got all my school work turned in throught NEXT Monday, I'm on clear liquids today, and surgery tomorrow morning!  I can't believe it's finally here.  I didn't think I was nervous, but I've been waking up about 3 every morning (not like me at all) so I guess the nerves are there after all.  Going to get a pedicure today - a girls' got to have pretty feet in the hospital! 

I hope everyone has a fabulous week - I'll check in as soon as I can.

Step by step, inch by inch...
Judy

Connie D.
on 7/16/12 3:02 am
Judy....yeeeeehaaaawww!!   hang on for the wild ride!!

I am praying the surgery goes well !!

See you on the Loser's Bench!!

HUGS....connie d
MaryDrew
on 7/16/12 12:48 am
Good morning. I'm tired. Every Sunday I cook a big family dinner and have my parents come over, from apps to dessert. I cook and clean all day, then serve and clean up. Ugh. Sometimes it gets to me but it's good for my boys. Plus Sundays are hard to maintain a low calorie plan with cooking all that. We have drinks too. I need to figure out a better way. I over ate and drank too many calories too even if it was diet coke. Going for my 2nd appt w/clinic next week. I really wanted to do better. Oh well.

Tatooed eye liner sounds like a perfect thing, I'd love to do that. Glad it didn't hurt.

I lol'd when I read about the pedicure and a girl has to have cute feet in the hospital. :) 
Connie D.
on 7/16/12 3:13 am
Good morning Nancy and everyone....

Nancy....if I had the money I would get my brows and eyeliner done in a heartbeat. I am blond and  know it would be so wonderful to see actual brows and liner. Let us know how your appointment goes at the Genetic Study Group. You are such an inspiration to so many of us here!!

As for me today I am going tanning and laying low. Humidity and high temps are wearing me down. I had such a wild and crazy weekend. I need to catch up!

Wishing everyone a beautiful day. Prayers for many in need.

Love and hugs to all....connie d
Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 7/16/12 3:16 am - Green Valley, AZ

Hi Nancy and all my OFF friends,
     I've been MIA for a few days. Will catch up with posts later today. Steve said today will be my exit exam from PT. So glad. Neck brace off. Only minor discomfort now. Home exercises to do which I will probably forget about.
     My PNP raised my depression med which has made me so very tired again. Not getting anything done. Have so much to catch up on.
      Thinking of you all. Have a wonderful day.    Mag  

Connie D.
on 7/16/12 3:27 am
Mag you were missed! Glad to hear you got rid of the brace!!
Try to continue with the home exercises, That is such an important part of healing!

Sorry about the depression......believe me I know how you feel!!
The meds are so hard to adjust sometimes. Hope it all works out for you soon.

HUGS....connie d
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 381 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1179 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1186 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1126 views