Day 6 of Pre-Op Diet

Chirs H.
on 9/8/12 10:20 pm - Wichita Falls, TX
Good evening/morning (it's 12:08am in TX)!

I really do enjoy reading the daily posts on this forum!  You all seem to live such full, happy lives!

Well, I've made it through the 6th day of my pre-op diet and I'm proud to be able to say so far so good!  I haven't eaten anything not on the list but I have eaten more at times - especially for my evening meal - I have a little extra soup is all.

I had an awesome day on Saturday.  My daughter came over and started her laundry then we went shopping.  It finally cooled off come here in Texas and didn't get out of the 80's, so I was able to shop until almost 4pm without having to come home and rest.  It was great, much needed fun!

I have been knitting & crocheting blanets like crazy the past few weeks - my hands are busy and I don't want to stop to eat - I tell myself if I'm hungry at the end of this row maybe I'll have something.  My MIL passed away in December of 2010 and I inherited all of her yarn...my SIL told me she wanted to finish a couple of afghans she had started for her grandsons.  So far I've finished 3 and I'm working on 3 more right now.

I started reading a new book tonight - I've mentioned before that I too am a recovering alcoholic - I started a book called "Emotional Sobriety', and I am really enjoying it.  It is something I can use in my AA recovery, but also with the life changes I am making now.  My favorite quote from the book so far is this - "success & failure are the same in that they are both temporary"...LOVE IT
!

I will be taking pictures of my daughter & grandson this afternoon.  I hope the weather stays pretty!

I hope you all have a great Sunday!

Chris

Don't quit before the miracle...

Patricia R.
on 9/8/12 10:33 pm, edited 9/8/12 10:33 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Chris,
Good for you for sticking with the pre-op diet.  You will be so thrilled in a few months as the weight just flies off you.  I loved my first year with the surgery.  I am loving it now, and I have no idea how I am losing right now.  

I have some hidden stashes of yarn that someone will inherit someday.  I am in the middle of two baby blankets right now.  I just shipped one to my newborn grandson in Michigan.  Now, I'm trying to finish one for my daughter's niece.  I make a certain pattern for my grandchildren, and then I make different patterns for their cousins, not my grandchildren.

My daughter lives in Michigan, and her husband has four brothers and a sister, or three brothers.  I lose count.  Well, all but one have children.  I make each of those children baby blankets.  I usually get them done around the time the baby is born, but this one snuck up on me.  I didn't know she was on her way till it was too late to get it done on time.  Then, my daughter made me wait to pick out the yarn for her new son till he was born.  So, now I am playing catch up.

I also have been asked to make hair pins with crochet flowers for my granddaughter.  I have some of the yarn, but need some purple and black.  I have yarn addict friends who can hook me up with the purple.

I need to ask my daughter for photos of all the baby blankets I have made my grandchildren.  I usually make the blankets for my grandchildren the size of a crib mattress, and all are not baby colors.  For my newest grandson, it is about two thirds that size, because the yarn store was out of anymore of the yarn I needed, plus the yarn was very expensive, and my daughter didn't want me to go broke.

The other baby blanket I'm making is for my sister to raffle off at a Special Olympics Dinner Bingo.  That will be with a really neat set of colors in varigated.

I could go on and on about my yarn addiction.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

annette R.
on 9/9/12 9:16 am - ithaca, NY
The people in my support group had a discussion about the pre-op diet recently. They all agreed that the diet was the hardest part of WLS. Keep up the good work.

Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

poegirl100
on 9/9/12 10:17 am - Cibolo, TX
Hi Chris!

Good for you with the pre-op diet.  Like Annette says, for so many of us, it's the hardest part!  I know it was for me.  Once you have the surgery, you are more or less forced into compliance.  But pre-surgery, you still have that physical ability to overeat, even if you're mentally committed to not doing so.  Half this game is mental, so it's a real challenge.

Yes, thank goodness for the break in the heat.  I'm down near San Antonio, and the cold front didn't quite make it this far yesterday, but it is MUCH cooler this morning.  There was a touch of fall in the air this morning.

I am a total yarn addict, too!  I like to crochet.  I'm a very slow and painful knitter.  Right now I am keeping my 2 year old grandson full time, so I'm not working on many projects.  I am crocheting scarves for the Texas Special Olympics.  Trish put me onto that last year.  A scarf is just the right sized project for me in the evenings after I get Benny to sleep.  And you're absolutely right--when your hands are busy with yarn, it help you stay out of the pantry/frig!

So glad you have joined our group.Keep posting!   

Vickie 

Chirs H.
on 9/10/12 11:51 am - Wichita Falls, TX
I'd love to know more about the special olympics scarves.  Right now, I and sending blankets to the local hospital for Child Protective Services babies & young children - a frind of mine is the supervisor of Social Services for the hospital.  I love the special olympics idea!
Chris

poegirl100
on 9/10/12 12:34 pm - Cibolo, TX
Chris,

I just sent you a friend request with my email.  If you'll email me back, I'll forward the email from SOTX (Special Olympics Texas) with the information about the scarf project. 

Vic

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 9/9/12 7:48 pm
You are doing so great ......I am so proud of you!!

HUGS.....connie d
pineview01
on 9/9/12 8:10 pm - Davison, MI

Good job on the pre-op diet!  I know how hard it was.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Debbie A.
on 9/9/12 8:16 pm - Discovery Bay, CA
RNY on 08/15/12

Way to go Chris!

Hated the pre op diet! Hang in there it will be over in no time! Give yourself a pat on the back. Well done!

Hugs,

Debbie

"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'M POSSIBLE!!!"

"No one said it was going to be easy, but it will definitely be worth it"

Chirs H.
on 9/10/12 11:53 am - Wichita Falls, TX
Thanks to all of you for the words of encouragement!
Chris

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1117 views