Saturday already..what's new with you???

Nancy B
on 9/22/12 12:06 am - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

Hi Off Family…..just sitting here waiting for the meds to kick in…after a full week, this “sleeping pill” is doing NOTHING!   So frustrating…..I’ve struggled to stay awake all evening…trying to turn my sleeping patterns around…but now I’ve gotten my second wind and I’m wide awake again. Good grief!

Today I took care of another step towards getting a SPECIAL EVENTS permit from the town for my EMPOWERED WOMEN  Day in the park for ladies event next summer…. I spoke to the Fire Chef and went over the plans I had and got permission …all these darned regulations!  I had to do this now so I can get confirmation dates to my performers and speaker and they are booked a year ahead.  Once they get my cheque, I hope to get my PERMIT very soon and can then start pulling it all together…so excited about this event….it will be such FUN! August 24th, 2013. (more later)

I also had to activate my NEW Mastercard.  I lost it Friday before the Labour Day weekend and called to have it cancelled, just in case…got a new card and THEN I found the original card…okay…IN MY PURSE tho I’d emptied it out five times before admitting to JB that I couldn’t find it.  OOPS! JB says that’s because I’m turning 65 soon……end of March…sheesh! He can hardly wait because I will start getting my OAS---old age security benefits.  Whoopdidoo!

Kathy was working second shift again today so I called Derek who was out scrapping cars at the dealers and invited him for dinner. I made them  fresh tossed salads, pulled pork BBQ on toasted buns and had made a peach crisp/similar to a crumble, I guess.  I ate the pulled pork with half a bun and had a taste of the fruit.  Lots of pears here so maybe I will make pear jam too…they are so sweet.

Dan emailed me and is setting up a CD for me of a musical piece that the singer allows me to use for workshops so he will make a long recording of it…76 minutes…with no interruptions which would ruin the mediation exercise that I will be presenting. He told me that he was flying Saturday and was eager to do so.

Today, I’ve gotten permission from a local Retirement Community where Mom used to live to set up a monthly Euchre Afternoon for our Business & Professional Women’s Club as a small source of revenue which we use to sponsor our foster daughter and her village in Malawi.  Coffee, tea and cookies and an afternoon of progressive euchre with prizes…should be fun.  I’m also working on a similar agreement with the local chocolate factory and outlet, just 2 painful miles from my house….lol.   Darned place is right on my route to go ANYWHERE! *whimpers*

The owner of the chocolate factory has invited me to do a Mandala Workshop Oct 24th at a ladies evening event that she is hosting there in their hall. That is why I need that continuous stream of mediation music.

Next week’s BPW dinner meeting’s scheduled speaker cancelled due to serious health issues…I’d contacted three speakers, but, of course at this late date, they were already booked elsewhere. So I made “an executive decision” and booked myself to do a workshop! I will present  “Looking inside and Forward”
Using a simple abstract idea to help bring new clarity to personal aspirations, improve self-awareness, lift self-limiting beliefs, and contribute towards defining new personal directions, purposes and goals.

And so this weekend will be very busy setting up the presentation and creating a paper mache cat as a VISUAL AID…should be a FUN workshop for the ladies.

JB claims that I promised to make chocolate chip shortbread, his favourite  but I do NOT recall this at all….hmmm.  Guess that’s another chore for Saturday.

Derek texted me this evening late and told me that the Landlord’s teenaged kids & friends are coming down for the weekend….oh joy! So now he has to hurry his two kitties, Ferdinand and MeatBall, over here for the weekend.  Oreo is very excited but SillyRose, not so…lol.  She hates sharing her litterbox.  Can’t say that I blame her.

Got my mandalas done for special people and now I need to set the pages up with inspirational quotes.  Not being a techie at all, I struggle to get each mandala page layout exactly how I want it…then it will be ready to send out.

Well, it’s time to try and sleep. Blessings, positive healing energy and prayers to all who are in need,

Nancy B

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Patricia R.
on 9/22/12 5:11 am - Perry, MI
Good Morning Nancy and OFF,
Nancy, I absolutely love reading your posts.  They're always so encouraging.  I hope your plans for the big event next summer fall into place without many glitches.

I am getting ready to go over to my AA meeting.  Then, I have physical therapy.  I've been a bad girl, not doing my exercises the past two days.  Thursday, I was so sore from the cortisone shot in my back, near the injury I am doing PT for, and then yesterday, I pretty much just never made time to do the exercises.

I got my car back from the shop yesterday.  There was a mix-up with the insurance.  The shop thought I had to pay the deductible, but State Farm straightened it all out.  It's nice having my car back, thought I am a bit embarassed.  I cleaned out my back seat, because I was embarassed by the mess.  Forgot that the trunk was a disaster.  To repair the back bumper, and underneath, they needed to empty my trunk into my back seat.  Oh, the mess is so bad.  Now, I have to clean out my back seat again.  Good news:  My trunk is spotless.

Today, after PT, my sis-in-law and I are heading to a new yarn shop.  New at least to us.  I have to get some baby alpaca, like the yarn I used to make my new grandson's blankey.  Seems, my 3 year old grandson, Lincoln, is stealing Franklin's blanket, because it is softer than the blankets I made him.  Franklin's is the first baby alpaca blanket I'd made.  So, I'm making a smaller blanket, for Lincoln, just for his comfort.  His a blankie boy.  :)

After that, my day is mine.  I am working on my Bible study.  Trying to play catch-up, because there are five days of homework to do before Monday's class.  The ladies in the class got their books on Monday.  I got mine yesterday.

I hope everyone has a blessed day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Eileen Briesch
on 9/22/12 10:09 am - Evansville, IN
Hi Nancy and Trish and those to come:

Where is everyone?  Nancy, you are so busy. Don't know how you do it. I'm just happy I don't have a headache today. So far. I have to do sports today, and I'm sure that will give me a headache. It's going to be a long day ... Saturday sports always is. Got to get in by 2:30 p.m. 

My surgery date is fast approaching. Just want to get it over with and get rid of one more painful area. 

Well, not much more going on. Wish the White Sox would get their act together and start winning again; they are frittering away their lead in the AL Central. 

Got to go. Have a good day.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

carlak
on 9/22/12 5:20 pm - Bradenton, FL
Hi
Hi I'm posting from I-40 in Arkansas! My cousin is driving and the kids are quiet! I am so glad to be going home!
It turns out I have a low Cortisol problem and will have to be on prednisone replacement. I'm not happy! But they assured me I will not gain weight.
Carl is glad I'm coming home.
My friend in Colorado who has Cancer still is hanging in there and it still is hanging in there and it still istouch and go.
Carla
image hosting site

pineview01
on 9/22/12 10:13 pm - Davison, MI
Just wanted to say HI!  I have two of the Grandkids and they kept
me hoping all day.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 381 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1179 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1186 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1125 views