bummed over EGD

jzwife
on 1/22/13 12:42 pm

I had my EGD done today and all went well BUT the Dr said he had never seen anything like my stomach. Its  a mess. My RNY

pouch is all but gone-just a teeny tiny little pouch and the jujenum is all but closed- just wide enough for small amounts of fluid to go

thru. My food is actually passing thru a fistula into my old stomach and into my duodenum. They were actually hoping that the

fistula would be small enough they could glue it shut. The second plan was to use an apparatus called a bear claw that would cinch

it closed but it was even too big for that. The Dr. said in all the years he's been doing this he has never seen anything like it.

So glad I get to be different. Anyway, I will be seeing the surgeon tomorrow and we will figure out where to go from here and what

type of revision I can do if any. Please keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer that all will go well.

Thanks!

Sharon

Connie D.
on 1/22/13 11:31 pm

Sharon....so sorry you are having these issues. What kind of symptoms were you having that you went in??? I wish you the best of luck with your revision. Please keep us updated....thanks.

HUGS....connie d

jzwife
on 1/23/13 1:39 am

Hi Connie,

I wasn't really having many symptoms or complications other than I have never had much restriction  when eating and its very difficult for me to lose weight. I knew it just wasn't normal. I tried talking to other surgeons and was just blown off. I heard everything from   "your just at a stall" to "this is all your fault- you out ate your surgery" to "well, this happens to less than 1% of those having this surgery. Its just natures way. " Unfortunately nothing has ever been resolved until now. I am going to see the surgeon today and see what he thinks- they would like to do a revision so we will see what they say. I should know by this afternoon what the plan is going to be. Wish me luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 378 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1177 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1184 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1122 views