Menopause question

Susan M.
on 1/25/13 10:07 pm - Howell, MI

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone gained weight due to menopause? I have been dealing with hot flashes, night sweats, and I feel the need to eat all the time, not so much hungry as just want to eat, any suggestions would be highly appreciated :) 

(I will be 53 in a week, am 5" and now weigh 120)

Age 56 Height 4' 11" 

poegirl100
on 1/25/13 11:46 pm - Cibolo, TX

Hi Susan!  You raise some interesting questions.  I'm 55 and I had a D&C last October.  Haven't had another period since last Sept, which is great, but I have been experiencing hot flashes, too.  I hadn't really connected the two in my mind, but I also feel the need to eat all the time.  And I had pretty much cut out all sugar, but since last fall I've been eating bites of cookies and candy almost every day.  As a result, I've had a 10 lb regain.  Grrrrr.

Maybe someone will have some insight into this? 

Vickie 

pineview01
on 1/27/13 7:13 am - Davison, MI

My menopausal weigh gain was the straw that broke the camels back and sent me over the edge to get weight loss surgery in the first place.cheeky I never had a belly until the fat packed on that area with menopause.  I told the surgeon if he had to cut fat off the stomach (saw it in a video), to cut it completely off and pull it out with the stomach instead of leaving it in there flopping around!  He laughed at me!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 401 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1208 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1212 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1150 views