Monday Monday, it was all I hoped it would be!

Debbie A.
on 3/3/13 10:57 pm - Discovery Bay, CA
RNY on 08/15/12

Morning OFF family!

Hope this post finds all well. Just got Michael off to Sac State, I get to see him every weekend but it's still hard to see him leave. 

Ok, I seem to be sabotaging my self and eating too much. Why am I doing this to myself?!? I'm eating healthy but too much. Head hunger is a horrible thing. 

Not much going on today. Next month I'm going to my sisters in Oregon for a week. I'm so excited, were going to make a quilt...it will be my first. I need to get my hands busy and maybe I'll stop thinking about food.

Thoughts and prayers for all,

Debbie

"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'M POSSIBLE!!!"

"No one said it was going to be easy, but it will definitely be worth it"

SandraKay
on 3/4/13 12:08 am - San Antonio, TX

Good Morning Debbie and OFF Family,

Debbie, I don't believe that it's ever easy to send your child off to college. But you did a great job raising him because he does want to try his wings and fly.  Having said that, I screamed at my husband and cried all the way home after dropping our first child off at college.  I was more upset with him for not being as emotional as I was than actually leaving her. Go figure!  LOL

Since my date for knee surgery has been set, I'm now trying to figure what all I need to get done before the big day. My youngest grandson has 1st communion and his 8th birthday in early May plus three more family birthdays in May and June.  So not to stress out anyone else out, I'll get that shopping done now.

Off to make my list and get laundry done today.  Hope everyone has a great week.

Hugs and prayers, Sandra

HW: 297.6  SW: 284.0  CW: 183.0 GW: 175  
VSG: 2/28/11  Surgeon: Dr. "Sonny" Cavazos                  
Patricia R.
on 3/4/13 12:17 am - Perry, MI

Good Morning Debbie and Everyone,

I've had a very busy morning.  My daughter called me first thing this morning to go over and watch the boys while she drove Isabel to school.  Poor thing is in Kindergarten, and has to be at school by 7:45.  That's just way too early.  My kids and I didn't have to be at school until 9:00 in elementary school.

When I got home, I had to make phone calls to get appointments with a new family doctor, and GYN.  I also had to call my union and my prescription insurance provider.

Today, I'll be cleaning and cooking.  Colleen and the kids are coming over for dinner.  My son-in-law is away this week, on a job on Lake Michigan.  He hates seafood, and Colleen and I love it.  So, I'm cooking salmon for the two of us, and chicken tenders for the kids.  I need to tidy and vacuum.  Utley has started his Spring shedding already, and it's all over.  It's so bad, I have to lay a blanket down for Frankie to get on the floor to play.

Must go, busy day ahead.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Connie D.
on 3/4/13 1:18 am

Good morning Debbie and everyone.....

Debbie..... head hunger is a horrible thing. I wish I had better control of it too! I am glad you are going to see your sister and work on a quilt. I know this is something you have been wanting to do.

I am really laying low today as much as I can. I am in so much pain because of the weather changes (Fibromyalgia and Arthritis). We got about 3 inches of snow during the night. It is still snowing. They are saying we could get up to 8 inches by tomorrow morning. I dread it as I will be running outside to clean snow off my car and move it when the plows get here. Hard telling when that will be. They usually come between 11:00 PM and 5:00 AM. I wish there was someone here to do it for me. Oh well!!

Wishing to all a wonderful day. I will check back in later. I need to check Facebook and then go back to bed.

Prayers for so many in need.

Love and lots of hugs....connie d

SandraKay
on 3/4/13 1:36 am - San Antonio, TX

Connie,

Praying the weather settles down and that you feel better soon.  Wish I was close; I'd send grandsons to do the shoveling for you.  Rest as much as you can.

Hugs, Sandra

Connie D.
on 3/4/13 2:48 am

Thank you Sandra...this is another reason I want to live by my daughter!!! My grandson will help out a lot!!

Love and hugs....connie d

SandraKay
on 3/4/13 12:36 pm - San Antonio, TX

Hope you are able to move really soon.  I feel your health will be so much better when you are in a better situation.  Hang in there.

Hugs and prayers, Sandra

Judy G.
on 3/4/13 1:35 am - Galion, OH

Afternoon OFF family...well we are now under a weather watch til wednesday...up to 9 inches of that white crap!!!!! YUCK!!!! Rick said his snow blower is acting up again...great!!!!!! Looks like if it breaks down we will be shoveling!!!!! Just freaking great!!!!!!

Not much else happening here need to get back to office with rent checks coming in yet...

Thoughts and Prayers for ALL that need them!!!

HUGSSSSSSS

Eileen Briesch
on 3/4/13 4:17 am - Evansville, IN

Hi Debbie and my OFF family:

My mom cried after I left for college ... my parents got me into my dorm room first and mom thought I looked lonely. So she called me Sunday night. My room was next to the RA's room and so I met everyone as they checked in. When she called, I had a bunch of people in my room and we were chatting and playing cards. Was I lonely? Nope. She was, though ... I was her baby and now the nest was empty (except for my sister who came home every couple weekends ... she was the RA at the high school's dorm where she worked as a PE teacher).

Anyway, I too am feeling the weather. My knees and back are hurting a lot. I already took a vicodin this morning, and I have to work tonight. But it did help. I woke up and my left knee was locked up. It's swollen and sore. It's better now.

Work was OK last night, less stressful. Hope tonight is like that, too. I'm tired. Well, that's all from me. Have a good day.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

IrishColleen
on 3/4/13 6:52 am - Owosso, MI

Good Morning! Oh wait, Good evening OFF sisters! 

So great to have a place to check into again and keep me on track.  It also helps to remind me that I'm not the only one with these issues of "head hunger"   Thanks Debbie for sharing your struggles!  I know that's a biggie for me.  

Lately I've been on that Seefood diet.  My husband has been buying a ton of snacks so he's not helping.  After my initial contact with you guys I decided to get back on the bandwagon and off the lunch wagon.  I'm focusing on my proteins only this week.  Okay maybe a veggie or two also, but no more potatoes and bread.  YIKES!  No wonder I gained over ten pounds back!

Congratulations Sandra on your grandson's 1st Communion!  I know how very important that is.  And, by the way, if you finish your laundry I've got some here that I could use a hand with.

Tri****ake it Utley is your dog???  Guess he could be a cat or a ferret (do they shed?)  

I share your arthritic pain Connie but have no clue on the Fibro fortunately.  I've heard it's terrible and they are finding it's possibly related to food!  Surprise!!  Isn't everything related to food somehow?

I'm hoping you can keep that snow down there by you Judy.  Our 4 foot snow banks are enough for February!  

I had an easy day at my paying job today since we didn't have any patients (the Dr. had to go to the Dr.).  That always helps so I can get a lot of paperwork caught up.  Filing maybe not.  I hate filing.

Well, I'm glad to be here ladies (are there any gentlemen that report in or lurk out there somewhere?) and thanks for the warm welcome.

See you tomorrow.  Have a blessed evening 

Colleen

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity and fear but a spirit of power and love and self discipline."  2 Tim. 1:7     So with HIS power, love and self-discipline - I WILL DO THIS!
HW:250 SW: 232 CW: 164  GW: 150 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 392 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1196 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1205 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1136 views