Monday Morning Blahs...

ksponaugle
on 4/14/13 8:56 pm - WV

I had such a busy weekend and I haven't lost an ounce since last week.  I discovered going to the grocery store for me is now like throwing a recovering alcholic into a liquor store.  I just don't want to eat anything for fear I am eating the wrong thing.  Sorry girls just feeling a little down this morning and not really sure why.  Maybe because I have slightly overbooked myself for the next two weeks and I feel pressured to get everything done and probably make a 4 day trip to Dallas to see my 95 year old aunt in a nursing home there. I love to see her and just spend time talking with her but it is so sad because her sight and hearing are failing quickly and she is wheelchair bound.  Almost three years ago when I first started going down she couldn't wait til I got there because she know I was gong to take her out of that place for the day and go somewhere.  Now I'm afraid to take her out becasue I can't lift her anymore to help her in and out of the car and I'm afraid she will get down on me while we are out and that would totally freak me out.

I need to get a shower and try to piece together where I am supposed to be today.  I have jury duty tomorrow and wednesday and working thursday testing.  Friday hubby has the day off so he has proclaimed it "Date Day" and we will be going to gaming night friday night. Oh and I forgot, REVIVAL last night, tonight and tomorrow night at church.  I used to thrive on a busy schedule and waiting to the last minute to finish a project, anymore it just makes me nervous though.  BTW the client LOVED the calligraphy.  I'll try to post a pic on my page later.

Well ladies, time to get moving.  I hope everyone has a productive and Blessed day.

Hugs and prayer to those in need.

Karen

Laureen S.
on 4/14/13 11:59 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Hi Karen, OFFr's,

Sorry you are feeling off, but seems you have some insight into the why and heck, sometimes we just feel that way and feelings thankfully pass. . .perhaps taking a nutritional course would help you navigate the grocery store to your benefit. . . one of the things I've learned is that most of what I can have that is good for me is those things on the outer ring of it, the isles are where the trouble lies.  Have a wonderful day!

I'm at work, my life has been hectic lately, have had a friend staying with me for the past month and today is her moving day, my car is loaded to the gills with her stuff and the rental agent where she is moving could not let her have the keys before today, making things difficult for us, as it is a work day and so after work I take her to pick up her keys and we move the stuff from the car into the apartment, which happens to be on the 3rd floor of a walk up. . . add to that it looks like rain here, hoping it clears out by 5.  Hopefully, we are done early enough, as I have to go home and pack my suitcase for my trip to Florida.  I leave right from work tomorrow and with all I had to do this past weekend, I did not have time to pack, besides I had to dig out my summer wardrobe for this trip South. . .  which brings me to the next thing, I called my daughter a month ago to ask how she felt about me coming to spend her birthday with her, she said, ok. . . so I call her last night to firm things up and she tells me, well I'll see what time I can take off, probably my birthday, hopefully, Angela (my other daughter) will be off the other days, because I really don't want to take time off, your trip is really at an odd time and well, the kids will be in school. . .  I'm sure you get the drift of how I felt.  I simply said that, well when I called you, if you felt it was inconvenient, you could have told me and I would have planned differently. . .  I said, I really thought it would be a nice idea instead of coming down for Sam's birthday (my now 15 yo granddaughter), *****ally is not all that into hanging with grandma. . . I'd spend it for a change with you. . .  I got off the phone feeling rather hurt and like why do I even try. . .  in the end it will all be fine, but at the moment I am not looking forward to the trip.  Someday their children will grow up and have busy lives too. . .

At work, not busy, sorry to be *****ing, perhaps it's just the Monday funk. . .  this too shall pass. . .

Hope each and every one of you has a wonderful day and prayers and good wishes to those with more pressing life issues.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

poegirl100
on 4/15/13 2:00 am - Cibolo, TX

Good to hear from you Laureen!  Sorry about your daughter hurting your feelings.  I know what that feels like.  Believe me.  But like you say, it will all work out fine in the end and I'm sure you'll have a good visit with your daughters and g-kids.  Hope you can stay on track the next 24 hours.  You have a lot to do!  Vic

Vickie 

carlak
on 4/15/13 11:00 pm - Bradenton, FL

laureen let me know what day you are free. Ill come spend a day with you. Although Im getting ready to go to North Carolina Ill free up a day!!!!! I have to go to Tampa to pick up my car. My friend is babysitting it!!!!!. We are in Kentucky on our way home from Michigan. 

When we get home I am turning around and driving back to North Carolina on the 27th or 28th to help a friend who is having her knee replaced. 

My daughter is entering her 17th week of pregnancy. The doctor is putting her on blood pressure medicine so I am a bit worried. I see more trips to Chicago. Sooner than later!!!!!

Well I need to get coffee and get the car packed again. We have 800 hundred miles to drive!!!!!

Carla

image hosting site

Patricia R.
on 4/15/13 1:02 am - Perry, MI

Good Morning Ladies,

Sorry I've been AWOL the past few days.  I've been busy either helping Colleen, making hairclips, or cleaning my basement from the flood.  My son-in-law built a wall of shelves to fit bins I puchased at Target, where I'm putting my belongings for storage.  

I did my taxes over the weekend, and owe again.  I really have to do something with my retirement pension, because I hate owing.

Today, I'll be down in the basement, organizing my belongings that survived the flood.  My son-in-law was just here, carrying large garbage bag up from the basement, to take to the curb, because today is garbage day.  He took all the boxes out back, in order to burn them.  I do have to call the insurance company to discuss the claim.  I took 35 photos of items that were damaged with sewer water.  It's disgusting.

Must go.

Hugs and prayers,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Eileen Briesch
on 4/15/13 1:37 am - Evansville, IN

Hi Karen and my OFF family:

Nice to be home again and in my own bed, but I didn't sleep well at all last night and I'm very sleepy today. Woke up with a headache, but I shouldn't be too surprised ... it's overcast and some storms are predicted later today and into tomorrow.

I don't have a lot planned today. I have my comforter washed and dried and my sheets are in the washer now. I have to finish my taxes (I had to redo them because I got some W2s late after I filed), plus I have to file in Louisiana because of the W2 I got late, so I have to do that. And then mail them because I now owe ... and I don't have the money, so I will have to make payment arrangements for later ... damn! Then I have to get Juliette ... promised to drive my boss to the drugstore too and then to work. I don't have to work, just drive him. It's the least I can do, considering he cared for Juliette ... he said she was sleeping with him, so I feel good about leaving her with him ... she gave him some company. 

Glad I came home early ... I was so tired yesterday. I just don't travel well anymore. Too tired of being away. I would like to take a vacation week and just stay home. But I may take a long weekend and go see Mom for her birthday in June. I'll have to see if that's available.

Well, washer just beeped so I have to get the sheets in the dryer. Have a good day.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

poegirl100
on 4/15/13 1:56 am - Cibolo, TX

Good morning Karen and everyone else!

Yes, it's tax day, but we filed an extension, so I still don't know if we owe anything, or broke even, or are getting a SMALL refund!  Ha!  Our tax guy is pretty good at guesstimating our taxes and we usually just about break even each year.  Still, it always is there, hanging over our heads this time of year.

I am getting really pumped about fixing up our back yard!  For the past two years, we haven't been able to really do anything with it since we weren't living here full time and/or the deer eat everything in sight.  But now with us getting the new fence tomorrow, I'm able to plant grass and plan a flower bed, etc.  We are also sectioning off a small area for Butch to have a vegetable garden and he is excited about that.  And, of course, I'm thrilled to have a safe place for Benny to play and the dogs to be out at least some of the time. 

Today I am mowing the "grass".  Ha!  Mowing the leaves is more like it.  I'll put the bagger on and try to pick them up as much as I can.  I have been using the leaf blower, but the weeds are starting to pop up through the leaves, so I might as well kill two birds with one stone today.

Butch and I have decided to go to Gonzales for our first weekend away.  Gonzales is a small, historical town about an hour southeast of San Antonio.  We are going to explore the whole area within an hour's drive from SA because SA has an international airport.  One of my criteria for when we buy our next place is to not be further than an hour's drive from a major airport.  Anyway, we've been to Gonzales before and liked it, but we weren't thinking of buying property there on our previous trips.  It's not the hill country (which I love), but it is beautiful there.  And I'm still hopeful we can find some property along the Guadalupe River, which runs through Gonzales.  Any property here in the New Braunfels area along the Guadalupe sells for mega mega bucks!  I mean we could buy it, but then eat spaghetti-o's for the rest of our lives, trying to pay the property taxes!  LOL!

Well, I'd better get on my yard work clothes and get to my mowing.  Butch is working on the fort again this morning.  We only had to pay $100 for the fort and then we went to Lowe's last night to get a little more lumber and stuff (to "remodel" it for Benny's purposes) and spend another $100.  Talk about a BARGAIN!  We are all excited about it.  Probably more so than Benny!  LOL!

Love you all!

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 4/15/13 4:19 am, edited 4/15/13 4:20 am

Good morning/afternoon Karen and everyone.....

Karen....Sorry about the grocery store situation. It is true...the grocery store just doesn't feel the same. I skip a lot of isles! You will eat just fine....no worries. I think  you are just a bit overwhelmed right now. You have a lot of commitments in the next few weeks.  Try to take some deep breathes and relax a bit when you can. It will all work out. God Bless!!

Laureen....I would be bummed out too. Oh well ....we do the best we can. The children are just living their lives. You are right.... one day they too will understand. I am sure you will have a great time anyway. I hope the moving goes well today and the rain holds off.

Trish....you were missed...I am glad you are back, Sorry about your taxes! Good luck......I hope all goes well with the insurance company. That is wonderful that Colleen and her hubby have been so helpful with clean up. It is great that you now have shelves for your storage bins. Post a pic of the clips you are making if you can.

Eileen....welcome home!! So sorry you didn't sleep well. Sorry too about your tax situation. I know you could have used a refund instead of paying in. I am glad that Juliette had a good visit with your boss too.

Vickie....you had me giggling about mowing your lawn of weeds and leaves. It sounds like you will have a wonderful yard when it is done. I wish I could have a vegetable garden!! You will all enjoy the yard and have a safe place for Benny and the dogs too. Gonzales sounds like a great place to have your weekend. Have a wonderful time!!

As for me...I had a wonderful day yesterday!! It was so nice not having my sister here. I had the whole house to myself. Talk about liberating!! I was so relaxed and enjoyed my time. I watched old movies and did puzzles. I changed my bed and washed all the bedding. It was GREAT! No one questioning everything I did! I had a good nights sleep. I stayed up late and slept in. Now I am checking in here and then  getting back to finish up my puzzle. She won't be bac****il later this evening.  I need to relax and  enjoy the rest of the day!

Wishing you all a good day! Prayers for many in need.

Love and hugs to all.....connie d

poegirl100
on 4/15/13 4:28 am - Cibolo, TX

Good for you, Connie!  I wish everyday could be like yesterday for you!

Vickie 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 384 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1185 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1194 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1130 views