TGIF dear OFF Friends!

Laureen S.
on 4/25/13 8:16 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Good Morning Friends. . .

For me it is that wonderful day of the work week, Friday!!!  The thing about going on vacation from Tuesday night after work and returning the following Wednesday is that it seems like the vacation is longer than it actually is. . . 

The birds are chirping and it feels like a spring day already here in little old Maple Shade, New Jersey.  Today our company treats us to breakfast for administrative professionals day, we have Omelet King come in and they make us breakfast and we get to wear jeans to work today.  They gave us this cool little portable speaker to use with our phones or ipod devices and an Itunes gift card, that was nice of them.  After work I will be meeting up with friends of mine and attending a Women's AA group that I belong to, after which we go to the diner and socialize, today celebrating a friend's bellybutton birthday (as opposed to a sober birthday) and then it will be home to bed. . .  the weekend will hopefully find me visiting my local grandchildren (and their mom and dad), seeing my guy and celebrating a friend's first sober birthday tomorrow night.  

Right now my life is good, the things that could be better are mostly my finances and that is pretty much like most people I know, but I have a job, I have good friends and somehow the bills get paid and I'm grateful for all.

I also wanted to share that I posted a little OH blog update about my recent trip to Florida (for those who are Facebook friends, you already know about my trip), basically what it is about is the life I lead today, as opposed to the life I led 6 years ago. . .  as a goal I had, Go to Disney with my granddaughter, well my granddaughter had school, but I went with my two daughters and walked and rode rides and just plain had a great time, 6 years ago a trip to the supermarket and walking it was painful because of my weight, last week I walked for over 7 hours and other than age related aches, I had a marvelous time. . .  also spent an hour walking Pompano Beach and almost an hour walking a trail while my good friend played tennis the day I left for home. . .  I am not tooting my horn here, just sharing that life post-WLS has been very good to me, even with some of the regain I've had, I have mostly maintained over half of what I lost and am working on losing 20 lbs.  

Prayers to my dear friends here who have life challenges and good wishes for all, have a wonderful day!!!

Love, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

poegirl100
on 4/25/13 10:30 pm - Cibolo, TX

Good morning Laureen and my OFF sistas!

So good to see you post this morning, Laureen.  I know what you mean about the walking.  When Carrie (oldest daughter) and I took a trip to New York a few years ago, I could barely keep up with all the walking.  I wish we could go again.  I feel like I could manage the trip much better now.  Also we went to a couple of Broadway plays, one of them was Mary Poppins in an old theater (the Amsterdam?), and I could barely squeeze my behind into one of the seats!  I'd like to try that again, too!

So glad you had such a good time on your visit to Florida.  See, it did all work out in the end.

I am up early this morning.  Don't have a clue as to why.  Some mornings I just pop up at the first light.  Funny how that never happened when I was working.  LOL!

My shoulder is a bit improved this morning, but it's still there.  The pain is less each day, which is good, but I still don't dare try to do much.  Don't want it to flare up again.

Butch and I are chomping at the bit to be gone on our weekend away together.  We're leaving first thing tomorrow morning.  We'll be gone for 2 nights.  Heaven!  The forecast is for rain all weekend, which is perhaps not ideal for driving around looking at the countryside, but sounds pretty darn good for a lazy weekend in bed together!  I know, TMI, but privacy is at a big premium around here these days!  LOL!

Uh oh, there's little Mr. Sunshine up already.  Geez, the days start early around here.  I'd better go get him.  His mommy is trying to get ready for work.  Love you all!

Vickie 

MELISSA S.
on 4/25/13 10:32 pm - CYGNET, OH

You go girl!!     I haven't been on here in a long time.   Something this morning has me thinking about our Pittsburgh GTG a long time ago so thought I would pop on and say hi.  Glad to see you are doing good and hope everyone has a happy weekend!!

Melissa

Laureen S.
on 4/25/13 11:10 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Melissa,

So glad to see you here. . .  I remember fondly that GTG with Lora, Mary, Mary Anne, Margo, Candy, Annette, Debbie G., Janet, Carla and I think there was one (maybe two) more person(s) whose name(s) escapes me, as well as our dearly departed sister Aimee. . .  there were so many of us who met on this site and just decided to get together. . .  as a result I've been to Texas 2x, Arkansas and Pittsburgh and a group came to Philadelphia a couple of years ago. . .  I have many fond memories that without WLS and this site, I'd have missed out on. . .

I will be going to Founders Day in Ohio in early June with a group of my AA women friends. . .

Anyway, good to see your familiar face. . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

Connie D.
on 4/26/13 12:05 am

Hello Melissa....so nice to see your post this morning!!

I hope you decide to come around more often. Missing so many of that original group!!

Love and hugs...connie d 

Patricia R.
on 4/25/13 10:43 pm - Perry, MI

good Morning Laureen and all my OFF Family,,

Laureen, I already posted on the PA page about how blessed I am since surgery, and now living in Michigan..

I was AWOL yesterday, because I was out the door, and babysitting first thing.  Then Colleen, and all the kids, and I went to Flint airport to pick up my sister.  We did lunch, and then went to a farmers market to see a friend who sells fresh, organic poultry.  Then to visit at Colleen's house, and play with the kids.  By the time I got home, I was too exhausted to post.

Today, Eileen, my sister, and I have some shopping to do, and then we're going to Colleen's to help her with th party.

Hugs and prayers,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Connie D.
on 4/26/13 12:10 am

Trish...you were missed yesterday! However...being busy with family is the best!!

So glad your sister is there with you. Have fun at the party. I am sure Colleen will be happy for the help...it could get hectic!

Love and hugs...connie d

Connie D.
on 4/26/13 12:02 am

Good morning Laureen and everyone......

Laureen....how wonderful that your company treats you to a nice breakfast....gifts too...you are very fortunate

Vickie....rain or shine....doesn't matter...you and Butch will be together!! I am so happy for both of you!

I am at a total blank....can't for the life of me remember who else posted. I had to take Vicodin and Flexeril last night so today I am in a fog!! So sorry I am missing others!

Today is a relaxing day. It is supposed to be 70 later and I am planning on spending the afternoon on the deck with a good book!!! I will love every minute of it!! I do go pick up Lucas at school later.He asked his dad not to pick him up because he wants me there. He is almost 15 and he still loves spending time with grandma. All my grandchildren do. Guess I have done something right!! We watched a couple movies together yesterday afternoon. We had so much fun!! 

Have a beautiful day everyone!! Good thoughts and prayers for those in need....special prayers too.

Love and many hugs to all....connie d

Debbie A.
on 4/26/13 12:47 am - Discovery Bay, CA
RNY on 08/15/12

Morning all!

Sounds like everyone is off to a busy start today. It's suppose to be 80 today and up to 90 for the rest of the week. So much for spring, our summer is here. My back has been giving me a lot of trouble and I'm living on pain killers to keep the pain down so I can get stuff done. 

I made my first batch of low sugar strawberry jam the other day, I used splenda sugar blend. It turned out pretty good. I put it on some no sugar added vanilla ice cream with some fresh blueberries and wow what a great dessert. I'm making myself hungry, and no, I will not have that for breakfast!! LOL! 

Have a great day, thoughts and prayers for all,

Debbie

"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'M POSSIBLE!!!"

"No one said it was going to be easy, but it will definitely be worth it"

Laureen S.
on 4/26/13 1:15 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Debbie. . .

Back pain is a real tough one, hope you are able to find relief, a friend of mine has been using an inversion table with some help, though not enough as she is going for some kind of shot in a few days. . .

Would you mind sharing your recipe for the jam, as I've never made jam of any kind and would love to make my own low (or see if I can adapt it to sugar free (using substitutes like xylitol). . . 

Thanks. . . Laureen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 401 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1208 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1212 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1150 views