TGIF Ladies

cindibarre
on 5/9/13 9:49 pm - Danforth, ME

Good Morning OFF -

I'll start the thread today to let you know that I'm still alive.  The last 2-3 weeks are a blur and I am slowing recovering.

My hysterectomy was a success and pathology was totally benign.  What I wasn't prepared for was the emotional roller coaster after surgery either due to anesthesia or surgicial menopause.  I was technically in menopause so it shouldn't have been that.  Anyway, I've been on a roller coaster since the surgery.

I had a meltdown on the book team I'm leading.  Probably related to the surgery and exhaustion.  I'm mortified that it happened and hope that I'll be able to continue.

At present I am at my mother's house in NC.  My cousin flew to Texas from Vermont and helped me drive to NC.  We went the long way via Nashville so she could see her daughter the newlywed.  We stayed there two nights and it was good.

The first few days here with my Mom were rough.  Her vision is really bad, she cannot read anything anymore.  She can't see which pills she is taking, etc...Oh joy.  While cousin was here she refused to let me do anything.  My cousin left Wednesday and now she is finally letting me do some things to help her.  I've set up all of her bills to online access so I can pay bills for her.  We went to her doctor who ordered a CT scan to determine if there is something else causing the loss of 3 senses, taste, smell and vision.  Yesterday was the lawyer to clean up some legal issues with my brother's bad behavior.

So I am alive and slowly recovering from what I will term as exhaustion.  It will get better.  I plan to stay here in NC for another few days and then head northward towards Maine.  Have an appointment with my PCP in NH next Friday and my youngest nephew is going to his senior prom on the 18th.  So I will stay to photograph that and then up to Maine and peace and quiet.

Positive thoughts to all of you in pain and need.  Connie- I hope your injections help you.  I have a friend in Texas who is going through something similar and it seems to be helping her.  Eileen - I'll be in touch about the editing stuff.  Judy - Glad to read that your bosses appreciate the work that you are doing at the complex.  Dealing with my mother's issues tells me how difficult a job you and Rick have.  Vickie- missed the shrimp recipe so could you send it to me.  Hope you and Butch are getting everything in order in Canyon Lake, next winter I'm going to visit you come hell or high water, damn the refuge and the book project.

Take care everyone-

Cindi

ksponaugle
on 5/9/13 10:15 pm - WV

Good Morning OFF Ladies!

WOW Cindy I'm so sorry to hear that you have had such a rough time with your hysterectomy. I had mine about 7 years ago but I started through menopause at like 42.  I hope tings level out for you and start getting back to normal and the roller coaster turns into a walk in the park soon!

I hate waiting for lab results to come back! I only had them done on Wednesday but I ha hoped they would be back by today.  It's still early but I just am concerned about the one for the pancreatic tumor marker.  I pray it is low normal.

Need to run to a Cross Stitch Shop a few miles away to pick up some thread for a project I'm working on hat the local shop didn't have. I love finishing up a project.  Have been working on Christmas Ornaments since Christmas and have switched to Halloween now!  Love me some cute Halloween decorations!  I want to get the two things I have started finished so I can go back to my snowmen!! Want those to  take to the beach to work on next month.

A week from Monday it's back to see the surgeon and possibly get a tentative surgery date!  Still excited, more nervous and praying for a good outcome overall!  Well, I need to get a shower and get dressed, get my ducks ion a row and head out of here for the day!

Prayers for those in need and hugs for all, enjoy every day!     

Karen

poegirl100
on 5/9/13 11:54 pm - Cibolo, TX

Hey, Karen, love your ticker with your signature red!  And good for you!  Almost 12 pounds gone!  You're doing great!

Vickie 

ksponaugle
on 5/10/13 2:01 am - WV

Thanks Vickie!  Red is my "signature" color (with a southern accent of course, lol)!  Tings sem to be movingright along and I am happy to be losing some before surgery.

poegirl100
on 5/9/13 11:51 pm - Cibolo, TX

Good morning, Cindy and Karen!  And all my OFF sistas!

Cindy, so good to hear from you this morning.  I have been wondering how you are doing and how things are going with your mom.  I'm sorry she is in a decline, but thankful she has you to watch out for her.  I don't know what to tell you about the emotional rollercoaster except to say "Let go . . . go on!"  You can't predict something like that happening to you.  You did what you had to do (hysterectomy) and the after effects will eventually go away.  Right?  Right! 

(And yes, come for a visit for sure next year!)

Karen, I love to hear about all your crafts!  I used to cross stitch, almost obsessively, but haven't done any since I moved here to take care of Benny!  I can only imagine the mess if he got into my threads and needles and all of that!  Whew!  It's hard enough to crochet with him in the house.  I have to keep everything up on a high shelf when I'm not actively using it.

We got some much needed RAIN last night.  That's the good part!  The bad part is that I paid to have my windows professionally cleaned YESTERDAY and the rain spots are all over them this morning!  I know it was inevitable.  I just would have liked to enjoy sparkling clean windows for awhile.  Also, it was a big storm and played havoc with my pretty babies on the front deck.  Blew over some plants, busted one of my ceramic pots, blew down my brand new Texas flag sign, etc.  Sigh.  We need the rain, just not the high winds and hail that came along with it.

Butch and I are really enjoying our new membership to the YMCA.  Yesterday we were able to squeeze in 30 minutes while we were in town.  An hour is better, but 30 minutes is better than no minutes, yes?  I am loving the recumbent bicycle!  I rode it for 30 minutes yesterday and did the "weight loss program" (pre-programmed cycles of increased resistance and decreased resistance).  It wasn't too hard at all.  I might up the resistance a bit the next time. 

So, yesterday we went and had Butch's hearing evaluated.  He has "severe" hearing loss in both ears.  No surprise to ME, but I think it was something of a shock to him.  Seeing the test results in black and white, as it were, really opened his eyes.  However, this particular place wants $7600 for a pair of hearing aids!  I am totally unfamiliar with hearing aids.  Is that out of the ordinary?  Our insurance will only pay $1000 every 3 years.  That seems to be a very wide discrepancy to me.  Any thoughts or experiences to share?

Well, I'd better go fix some breakfast for my guys.  Lately, I am having shredded wheat with blueberries every morning.  I love it!  But my guys always want bacon or sausage or something with pig fat!  Ugh.  I'm trying to stay away from that fattening stuff, but boy, does it always smell so good.

Love you all!

Vickie 

seasheleyes
on 5/10/13 4:49 am - Manteca, CA

Hi Vickie,

I got hearing aids from Costco for my Mom for $3000... they have the best prices.  And, when my Mom died three weeks later they refunded the full amount.

Julia

Debbie A.
on 5/9/13 11:57 pm - Discovery Bay, CA
RNY on 08/15/12

Morning everyone!

Cindi, I pray you get back to being yourself soon. I wouldn't worry about the meltdown too much. We all have are moments and with what you've just been through you deserve it!

Karen got my fingers  crossed for your surgery date! WooHoo!!

Went to the quilt shop yesterday and got the 2 boarders for Krissy's quilt and I also got the material for my king size quilt. I'll be working on the quilts today and this weekend. I hope you all have a great Mother's Day.

Thoughts and prayers for all,

Debbie

"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'M POSSIBLE!!!"

"No one said it was going to be easy, but it will definitely be worth it"

ksponaugle
on 5/10/13 2:02 am - WV

Thanks Debbie!  I think I would feel better at least having an idea of when to prepare for.  I can't wait to see pictures of your quilts!  I'm sure they will be beauiful!  Happy sewing!

Eileen Briesch
on 5/10/13 3:09 am - Evansville, IN

Hi Cindi and my OFF family:

It's raining here today ... cooled off a bit from yesterday. Had to bring out my robe and slippers. I think this is an all-day rain. 

Not much else happening. It would be a good day to sleep all day. But back to work tonight. 

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Patricia R.
on 5/10/13 3:15 am - Perry, MI

Good Afternoon Cindi and OFF Family,

CIndi, I had a lot of emotional meltdowns in my early 40's, when I was peri-menopausal.  I finished getting my period right after I turned 50, and have been totally stable.  I hope you are settling in with the emotions.  I understand what you're going through with your Mom's decline.  My sister and I have had discussions about my Mom, and the little things we're seeing recently.

I've been putting laundry away, and taking care of some stuff.  Mom called, to tell me she liked the flowers I sent her for Mother's Day.  I love daisies, and baby roses and baby carnations, and found the perfect arrangement on FTD's website.

I have some errands to run, and must scoot.  Have to stop at the library, and Rite Aid.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 372 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1170 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1178 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1118 views