A very wet Wednesday in my Owosso!

Jo W.
on 8/27/13 11:12 pm - Owosso, MI

Good Morning Off friends

We got some major rain last night.  around 3 inches it sounds like.  one of our local businesses had a roof cave in.    Gonna be fun inside the motor home with 3 toddlers!!     We are doing fine  been sitting in one spot  not moving around and have had no trouble.  The contenders for the baby grab are harassing the social worker.    Seems baby daddy oded on drugs so the triplets get SS survivor benefits.  nearly 1800 a month.  So mom  a couple uncles and 3 aunts all want custody of the children so they get custody of the money!  no one seems to care about the boys   some don't even know the names,  And maternal grandma wants the boys so she can control the mommy.  SAD SAD SAD    I have had 2 supervised visits with mom.   She never even touches the boy cept to push them away.  she sits there fidgeting and demanding either I give her the kids so she can have the money or I give her the money I get for taking care of her kids!   Sad wreck of a human being!!!

We are going home after the weekend.  boys will be better with more room to grow and the contenders dont even know our name so  will be fine. 

I stepped on the scales this am.  Stubborn old thing!  It wont move down!     you'd think chasing 3 toddlers would help  but not!   I have be at a steady weight for 2 years but wish to lose what I regained in the year after mom died,  I felt better  35# lighter!!

well Its  clouding up again so I want to go take the goblins on a walk to the store before it starts raining again. 

prayers from our house to all of yours     special prayers for those dealing with  difficult issues     and extra special prayers for nancy and young morgan.  

have a great day everyone

Cindy P.
on 8/28/13 12:16 am

Jo -- Hope you have a good day today with your little goblins. 

Our son, wife, and two older children will be here this weekend to see my MIL who is in end stage congestive heart failure.  While they are here, we will visit with them as well.  It's a 3 hour drive from their house to ours and then, of course, a 3 hour drive back home again so they will have a long day.  Just too much for the 2 yr. old twins to come as well.  Also, my MIL is too frail to have the twins running around the assisted living facility.  She can't travel in a car unless she is transported in her wheelchair so visiting outside the facility is not an option.  Anyway, she is excited about the visit.  I'm very glad they are coming.

Jo, I understand about weight gain.  It's a hard thing to manage.  My hubby (who also had WLS) lost about 40 pounds journaling every morsel and that helped him.  Constant vigilance is the only way for us (he and I). 

Cindy P.

Connie D.
on 8/28/13 1:11 am

Good morning Jo and everyone......

Jo....it is such a sad situation for those little boys. That family is being just horrible. Those children are worth more then just money. I hope none of them get the boys! My scale is stuck too. I am trying to change my eating habits. Hope the scales budge for both of us soon!!

Cindy....it is so nice that your son and family can make there to visit grandma. I am sure that will make her very happy!

I have to run in a bit as I have an appointment soon. Not much else planned for me today. A few calls to make and that's about it. I will check back in later.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!! Prayers from many of our OFF friends and families.

Love and many hugs to all....connie d

cindibarre
on 8/28/13 2:12 am - Danforth, ME

Good Morning Jo-

That is certainly a sad situations with those triplets.  Horrible and wonderful at the same time.  Horrible that they have no family members that care about them, wonderful because you have volunteered to care for them. 

My surgeon's WL program is offering a three day mindful eating seminar starting next week.  I've been reading a book about mindful eating and it seems to be helping with my mindless eating.  I'm going to take the class for the next three weeks for inspiration.  I am missing my size 18 jeans and want to get back into them and maybe go lower.  I think one of the issues that all of the WLS program don't do a good job of dealing with maintenance.  It's so easy to slip back into the old habits.

I've also started recording all food that I consume.  As a VSG I don't have the restriction that RNY'rs do.  I have restriction but only with really dense proteins like chicken or beef.  No dumping whatsoever.  So while I thought I would be able to get away from journaling I think it's just going to be a way of life along with being more aware of the mindfulness component.

I live in an RV in the winter so I cannot fathom how you're coping with three little boys!  Hang in there and hope that you and your husband are safe in your home from these idiotic people. 

Cindi

Connie D.
on 8/28/13 6:07 am

Hello Cindi....I think it is great that your WL surgeon is offering a "Mindful Eating" class. I think that may be the boost you need. Good Luck!!

Love and hugs....Connie d

pineview01
on 8/28/13 11:40 am - Davison, MI

Cindi when did you have your surgery?  I was sleeved in January of this year after four years with the band.

Our center offers $10 per class.  I took it during the time I was unbanded and waiting to get the sleeve.  It helped some just checking in and talking with others in the same situation.  I try to get to my monthly support meetings but, get doing something and next thing I know the meeting has started or totally miss it.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

cindibarre
on 8/28/13 10:56 pm - Danforth, ME

I had my surgery in August 2011.  My surgeon runs a monthly support group that is free.  This mindful eating class will be three sessions over three weeks for $50.  Worth the bucks to fight the regain and get my head back on straight.

poegirl100
on 8/28/13 9:05 am - Cibolo, TX

Hi Jo,

Wow, that's just awful.  Those poor lil fellas!  You have truly been an angel here on earth for them these past days.  $1800 a month seems like such a pitiful amount to raise three children--it would be very tough to do so with excellent money management skills.  And you know if those greedy relatives get the money, almost NONE of it will go to meet the children's needs.  So, so sad.

Praying for the best outcome for the boys.  God bless you for taking care of them right now.

Vickie 

annette R.
on 8/28/13 7:47 pm - ithaca, NY

Jo-

Several of the support group members use a cell phone ap to track food and exercise. Fitnesspal.com, or something similar. I'll try to find it for you. they have said it is easy and very helpful. I don't have a fancy phone so must take their word for the ease of use.

Poor little boys are nothing more than $$$ to their family. Rotten cir****tances.

Annette

Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Jo W.
on 8/29/13 4:16 am - Owosso, MI

THank you Annette     do you know if they work on the prepaid androiod?   kthats what we ahve.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 373 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1171 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1179 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1118 views