What are you eating?

susandoeshair
on 9/3/13 11:33 am - Alexander, AR
Ok, gang, we're going to give this a go!

I have always kept track of my daily food on fitday.com. I can tell you what I had to eat for dinner on May 13, 2010. OCD? Yes. anal? Yes. Perfect? Heck no!
But, it helps me to understand trends on my eating, whether or not I'm getting enough calories, protein/fat/carbs in proper proportions, or if I'm eating a whole bunch of junk! If I don't write it down, I can't keep track of it, right or wrong.

So, here we go....no judgements, constructive criticism or suggestions only. If you're in a rut, seeing what other people are eating it might give you ideas. Recipes are welcome, especially if its something really yummy!

B-.....protein smoothie with tropical fruit

Snack.....3/4 oz almonds

L......2 boneless chicken thighs, mini bell peppers

Snack.....Chobani Mini yogurt

D.......curried chicken with veggies, on brown rice

Snack.....sugar free Popsicle

Calories....988. Fat...45 grm. Carbs...95

Short of my required 1300 calories, but not as far off as it could have been

Susan

lightswitch
on 9/3/13 1:05 pm

Breakfast:  1 cup of cooked oats with 2 tsps of butter, about ten blueberries, and a few shakes of splenda.

Snack:  1 Tbsp of peanut butter and a couple of celery stalks

Lunch: small cob salad with ranch dressing

Dinner:  3/4 of a chicken thigh, broccoli, carrots, and 2 slices of squash

Snack:  sugar free popsicle

Now that we are keeping up with our food in a public way, I am going to be very conscientious about measuring my food.  

pineview01
on 9/3/13 2:56 pm, edited 9/3/13 3:11 pm - Davison, MI

B- 2 piece deli turkey

S - 2 turkey sticks

L- 3/4 oz spaghetti and meat sauce

D - 1 chicken breast

S - chocolate chip cookie (not on plan)

S - Premier Protein shake

1058 calories, 66 carb (bad carb day) 94 g protein (good protein day)

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

lightswitch
on 9/4/13 3:13 am

I like to wrap the deli meat up in a lettuce leaf or cheese.   I am so lucky that sugar makes me deathly ill but there are some really nice cookie alternatives.   I used to make peanut butter balls using peanut butter and protein powder.  

Also, you can make some really tasty energy bars using dried fruit, a little olive oil, some various nuts, and put in the blender and then press out on a wax lined cookie sheet.   They are delicious.   I put a little dark cooking chocolate in mine so that there is this hint of sin...   I also use prunes, figs, and raisins, peanuts, and pecans...not a lot of pecans.   After they set, I cut them in bar sections and put them in a container that I keep in the refrigerator and I eat one or two a week.   They are low calorie and high fiber so some good comes from them.   

pineview01
on 9/5/13 11:31 am - Davison, MI

I too like to wrap the deli meat around a cheese stick and wrap it all in lettuce.  I just don't keep lettuce in the house as I have to throw most away.  I tried finding just the leaves for wraps but have never to date.

I like the Quest bars for extra protein on the go.  They have fiber to counter the carbs.  The other bars that I have checked out have high carbs no/low fiber, not a good combo.  Can we say, sugar!

Wish I liked to cook and such.  Your bars sound great!  The oldest DD is the Queen of cooking.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Nancy B
on 9/3/13 3:29 pm - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

B....    hot chocolate protein drink

Snack....   one pear from the garden

L  ......celery stalk stuffed w/ cream cheese & rolled in sunflower seeds 

Snack........one more pear

D...1/2 of a large chicken breast w/ tomato sauce & mozz. cheese

1 diced beet

1/4 bean & multigrain grain salad

Snack...sugar-free yogurt (shared with LilyRose- she spit out the strawberries- Oreo ate them)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
lightswitch
on 9/4/13 3:17 am

Nancy,

Do you stuff the chicken with the mozz cheese?  That sounds delicious.   Are you a fan of Endame?  I buy bags of them and keep them in the freezer and at night when the boys are eating popcorn, I throw me some endame in a steamer and use a little sea salt and eat a bowl full...they act as a cleanser but are almost pure soy protein.  LOVE them.   

You might want to give them a try.   I like the celery stuffed and rolled...do you add anything to the cream cheese?

Nancy B
on 9/4/13 8:51 am - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

Actually I have always got free range, chemical-free chicken in my freezer (had a friend who owned a farm and I started up his retail business & ran it for 18 years)...so I have individual breasts frozen...each one is so big that it feeds both JB and myself. Once they are thawed, I put them in the oven with homemade tomato sauce and the mozz cheese then bake.

I love edame..I also have a huge bag of them in my freezer...I steam them like peas & beans and just add sea salt and lots of black pepper *s*

Celery is a good source of water, fibre and vitamins and few calories...some people's systems cannot handle that though. However, I can. I wash and dry the stalks and stuff them with light cream cream right out of the containers or off the block (sometimes I use peanut butter instead).

I lay out a piece of plastic wrap, sprinkle it with chopped nuts or sunflower( and/or pumpkin) seeds, chia seeds, raisins, dried cranberries...any of those bits and pieces and roll the stuffed celery in the mixture...using your fingers UNDER the plastic wrap, you can manipulate the seedy mixture easier, forcing it into the cream cheese- less waste, more crunch to your cream cheese.

This makes such a healthy and CRUNCHY snack that appeals to the "sensations" part of your brain...add that it is so GOOD for you and fun to eat!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
annette R.
on 9/3/13 4:04 pm - ithaca, NY

Thank you. This helps keep track, a planning reminder , plus ideas from other people.

B - 1.2 c. cottage cheese, fresh peach

L - boneless, skinless chicken thigh, 1/2 c corn, 4 slices beets

D - 3 oz pork, 1/2 c peas, 1/2 c. mashed potatoes.

S - sliced apple & peanut butter, 10 dried edamame seeds

Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

lightswitch
on 9/4/13 3:15 am

Annette,

I love chicken thighs and would eat them every meal if my husband didn't require variety in our meat dishes.   I like to cook them on a stick and dip them in soy...crazy.   

I also love, love, love cottage cheese.  It is really the only milk product that I can digest without doubling over.   

I am also happy to see others using the sliced apple and peanut butter.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 401 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1208 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1212 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1150 views