Commitment to Moving

Laureen S.
on 9/4/13 11:03 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

My commitment today is to walk Roxie for 45 minutes to an hour, good for me, good for her. . .  what's yours?

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

mermaidoz
on 9/5/13 1:32 am - Canada
30 minutes aqua exercises by myself in the condo pool...trying to do it daily.
lightswitch
on 9/5/13 9:18 am

Water exercise if really good.   

Connie D.
on 9/5/13 3:37 am

I went out for a 30 minute walk...I was exhausted but I felt good! I will do better after the surgery to remove all that scar tissue is done. That will be in a couple weeks.

Hugs...connie d 

lightswitch
on 9/5/13 9:19 am

Connie, that is really good...walking is a good exercise.  Let's hope that once they remove the scar tissue, you will improve in your ability to exercise...although, 30 minutes ain't bad. 

Judy G.
on 9/5/13 7:22 am - Galion, OH

Walked the complex AGAIN same as yesterday...did therapy and I am POOPED OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lightswitch
on 9/5/13 1:42 pm

Judy,

You have a very active life.  How is therapy going?

Judy G.
on 9/6/13 7:39 am - Galion, OH

Never a dull moment here...sighs.......going to therapy 3 times a week plus homework also...omg they sure pu**** to make you do things that HURT!!!! arm still sore but guess its working some...see the dr Monday morning.

Eileen Briesch
on 9/5/13 7:31 am - Evansville, IN

It's about the only exercise I get. I walked around Walmart for about an hour, then CVS for 15 minutes, then the other grocery store for another half hour. I was sweating profusely when I was done. Then I had to haul my stuff in the apartment and put it all away. Every two weeks, I get a good workout. Plus, then I'll walk the hall at work whenever I get up to go to the restroom.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

lightswitch
on 9/5/13 1:41 pm

Eileen,

Have you ever tried to do remedial Yoga?  I think it would be much easier on your joints and your back and would help your muscles.  You can do it sitting down or even lying in bed.   Google easy Yoga and see if it is something you might can work into your routine without damaging  your joints.   I wish we lived close to each other.   I would come visit you and we could go to the movies together.    

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 401 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1208 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1212 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1150 views