Commitment to Moving

Laureen S.
on 9/5/13 10:16 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Thank each and every one of you for participating, it helps me in more ways than you know, especially right now. . .

This morning I woke up at 5:10 a.m., had a cup of coffee and out the door me and the Roxie girl went, we walked for 50 minutes this morning and I must say, it was a beautiful morning and I feel invigorated from having done it. . . there is something nice about walking in the time when it is still dark out and watching the sun light up the world for yet another day. . .

Wishing you all a joy filled day!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Connie D.
on 9/5/13 11:48 pm

Good morning Laureen....thanks for starting...

I am going to go out for a walk when I get done with this thread. I hope to do at least 30 minutes again! I am also doing a couple loads of laundry...up and down the stairs!! 

Have a beautiful day!! Very humid today and high in the 90s expected!

Love and hugs...connie d

lightswitch
on 9/6/13 8:53 am

Connie, my friend, good for you.  You are being so consistent with your walking.   

I have also been doing stairs but only to increase my cardio.  I refuse to use the elevator in our building and my center is on the 2nd floor so I walk up and down to the 1st floor a lot and the 3rd and 4th floor are where our printing and copying centers are and administration so I manage about two trips up and down those areas.   I am hoping to increase my endurance. I have always tried to take the stairs down but gave the excuse that going up was bad for my lungs and my legs but sadly my doctor said, do it and do it slowly...blah, blah, blah...I do it.  

We are very a like.   I wish we could meet. 

lightswitch
on 9/6/13 8:50 am

Laureen,

You know what I like about walking out doors---I love the birds.  When I walk with my husband, we walk around our block and I don't even consider it my exercise because I walk with him really slowly so I am not even raising my heart rate but it helps him...anyway, we hear all these birds either singing or chirping.   Sometimes, we watch them hop around.   

I am so happy you are doing these morning walks with your Roxie.   It is such a healthy thing.

As for me...today was gym treadmill running/walking day. I have also added weight training for my legs and arms.   It's going okay but I am sore and not sore because I over did it but because I have not done weight training.  I am planning on doing the body lift and arm lift so I wanted my muscles in as good a shape as possible so the skin will fit as good as possible.  

I will probably be texting you a lot this weekend...I hope you are hip to that my friend.

pineview01
on 9/6/13 2:07 pm - Davison, MI

I got on the tractor at 11 and didn't get off until 7 pm.  I got off twice to walk over and talk to DH and to piddle.  Other wise my only break was to grab the truck to go 1/2 mile to get an ice tea and 5 gal of diesel for the tractor.  According to Calorie Count that was good for over 1500 calories, so I'll take that.  Going over to load hay into the truck and follow DH home with the Big Tractor pulling two wagons.  Than the DD and I are going with a friend to Ren Fest.  That will be my walking for the day and I will either have ribs to eat there or a turkey leg.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 401 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1208 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1212 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1150 views