Moving?

Laureen S.
on 9/7/13 12:01 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Just came back from a nice long walk with Roxie, Judy and Roxie's four legged best friend, Maggie. . .  it's a gorgeous day and I am now off to a mediation meeting and then a visit with a friend, afternoon has me going to grandson's flag football game. . . meeting with friends this evening. . . staying busy, oh and in between I must vacuum, dust and clean the bathroom. . .

Hope you have a good day with some movement, as you can do it!

Best wishes, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Connie D.
on 9/7/13 2:55 am

Laureen.....it sounds like you are having a busy day....have fun!

I went out for my walk. I only got in 25 minutes. I wanted to add 5 or 10 minutes to my 30 minute walk. It was just too hot and humid. I took a shower when I got back. I felt like I had already taken one I was so wet. 

Love and hugs......connie d

lightswitch
on 9/7/13 3:35 am

Connie, just add the minutes after about two weeks.   If you add too soon, you are going to hurt  your joints.  Remember to do this slowly.

Laureen S.
on 9/7/13 8:20 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Jeanne is right, work your way gradually into the movement. . .  if we do too much, too soon, we usually wind up with a set back. . .

Hugs, L

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

lightswitch
on 9/7/13 3:34 am

I pulled my back the wrong way and it is killing me.   I am doing Yoga and only yoga.  When I got on the mat to work my back, mercy the pain was killing me; however, it helped stretching it.  I am cleaning my floors today and washing all the winter bedding so that I will have clean blankets.  

I am always to happy to read about your moving for the day.  Good for you.  Happy house cleaning and I hope your meditation was helpful. 

Laureen S.
on 9/7/13 8:19 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Hope your back is feeling better by the time you read this, maybe a warm bath after you finish cleaning. . .

Hugs, L

seasheleyes
on 9/7/13 8:10 am - Manteca, CA

I am reading all of your posts and getting my motivation back to MOVE! On my way to do wash and clean the spare room. I am going to stretch with every move. My back is so damaged from my fall a few years ago but it really does like the stretching. Going right now!

Julia

Laureen S.
on 9/7/13 8:18 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Hi Julia,

So good to see you here. . .  start small and work a little more in every couple of weeks. . . 

Hugs, L

lightswitch
on 9/7/13 2:24 pm

Julia,

Here we all are and just waiting on you and a couple of others and our gang is together both old and new....both groups equally cool.

Nancy B
on 9/7/13 1:55 pm - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

Not alot of locomotion for me today however, I did six loads of laundry and I used the work to stretch and slowly bend...singing to myself as I gently bounced every time to took one item from the dryer..then I did side sway rocking my hips as I folded each one, and again exaggerated movements as I put each folded item into the basket..made it a game.

Thankfully only the cats were around to watch me...and I KNOW I heard them snicker!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 401 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1208 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1212 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1150 views