Commitment to Moving. . .

Laureen S.
on 9/16/13 12:04 am - Maple Shade, NJ

No time to walk Roxie this morning as I had to go for a drug screening for the new job and I got there at 6:10 (they open at 6) and wasn't able to give them a sample until 7:30, what a bummer. . .  late for my current job by 40 minutes and it's going to be a rainy day, so I'll have to see what kind of activity I can do. . .  but burn I must, because ladies, the scale is just not going where I like. . .

Have a great day!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

cindibarre
on 9/16/13 12:13 am - Danforth, ME

Laureen-

Rainy here in Maine today.  Kayaked for an hour last night.  About to pedal on the elliptical machine.  Burning is the key to keeping the scale in line or moving downward.

Cindi

lightswitch
on 9/16/13 10:12 am

Cindi,

I would love to Kayak.   I did the rowing machine in the gym one day and my arms were so so sore.   Good job. 

poegirl100
on 9/16/13 12:52 am - Cibolo, TX
Starting tomorrow a.m. I am going back to the Y every morning.

Vickie 

lightswitch
on 9/16/13 10:15 am

Vickie,

I know you are getting tons of exercise chasing the little boy and taking care of the baby, but I think once you start going to the Y and do so by yourself, you will get that alone time that will give you some decompression time and exercise time.   You will be of no use to the babies if you are not happy and healthy so health and happiness for nana means a good life for the grands.   I am proud of how well you have responded to the baby's birth and the adjustment...which happened so quickly for you.  You are a woman hear you roar.   

poegirl100
on 9/16/13 11:16 am - Cibolo, TX

Jeannie,  you are SO right.  I have to take Benny to preschool every morning, so I'm going dressed for exercise and head straight on to the Y after I drop him off.  Then I can go back home and tackle my day knowing I've already had my exercise (and quiet time) for the day.

The baby was born just one week ago today!  It's been a FAST adjustment to say the least!

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 9/16/13 3:00 am

Laureen....I went for a 30 minute walk this AM. It is sunny and gorgeous here today....love to walk in this weather....needed a light jacket...it felt good.

Hugs...connie d

lightswitch
on 9/16/13 10:10 am

Connie,

I agree that walking is best done is cooler weather.  I am so proud of your commitment. 

Connie D.
on 9/16/13 10:21 am

Thank you Jeannie....I do prefer the earlier cooler mornings. Thanks for the support!!

Love you much....HUGS.....connie d

lightswitch
on 9/16/13 10:09 am

Okay, 

I am back to strength building.  I cannot squat, so I went to a trainer and he and I are going to build my leg muscles up so that I can better navigate the stairs.  

Today, I did Yoga and I did leg strengthening exercises.    Fun.   

Laureen...you are doing so good and I know you will pass that awful test....lol.    

Here's hoping tomorrow will be a good day for Roxy.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 401 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1208 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1212 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1150 views