Commitment to Moving. . .

Laureen S.
on 9/16/13 10:31 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Well good morning OFFr's

I woke to a gloriously star filled sky, brushed my teeth, washed my face, quick couple of sips of coffee and out the door Roxie and I went. . .  mornings like this fill me with gratitude and a sense of well being, so my walking this morning was almost effortless, we walked for 50 minutes and I want to thank all of you who are responding to the post each day.  I don't always have a chance to get back on here to respond, but you're all inspiring and I am happy to see all your commitment to doing what is necessary to this lifestyle we submitted ourselves to.

Have a wonderful day, remember, it truly starts with your attitude!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Jo W.
on 9/16/13 10:40 pm - Owosso, MI

Laureen Does chasing 3 toddlers count?  

We will have company every day we are here in the Muskegon state park so steve and I are hoping to con some free moments to get in some bike riding!      

Laureen S.
on 9/16/13 10:44 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

I'd say yes, for sure, on chasing 3 toddlers ;)  But can you imagine having to do that in the old days of what life was before WLS?

Hope you get some bike riding in. . .

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

lightswitch
on 9/17/13 9:22 am

Jo,

You probably burn a ton of calories chasing those babies.   I love bike riding and swear I am going to get a new bike...one with gears.   My friend has four babies (fertility treatment) and she puts two behind her bike and her hubby puts two behind his bike and they ride about ten miles every evening....she says it gets the kids relax for bed and that is the time she and her hubby can talk without the kids interrupting them because the kids are too busy watching the sights. 

Good for you on making plans. 

cindibarre
on 9/17/13 1:07 am - Danforth, ME

Laureen-  Dragged my butt on the recumbent elliptical this morning and feeling better for it!  Sunny cool day in Maine this morning.  

Jo- Chasing after 18 month old triplets counts as Moving.  Hope when you move home you'll get some bicycle time.  May pull a cart with the triplets behind you while biking.

Have a great day ladies.

Cindi

lightswitch
on 9/17/13 9:20 am

Cindi,

Good job.  I am so happy to see your progress.  I have done the elliptical a few times but I am sort of wobbly on it.   I understand it isn't bad on the joints.   

cindibarre
on 9/17/13 12:21 pm - Danforth, ME

I'm using a recumbent elliptical that I bought from Amazon.  Eazee Peazee on the knees and back.  This machine doesn't have the arm movement so I use hand weights to do some arm exercises.  When I get back to Texas I'll have access to a recumbent machine with arm poles.

My knees are too bad to stand on the standing elliptical machines.

Cindi

Connie D.
on 9/17/13 1:54 am

Hello Laureen...it is you that inspires us!!

I won't be going out this morning to walk as it is rainy and the temp is barely 50 degrees. I have an errand to run at Walmart this afternoon and will do my laps there.

HUGS....connie d

lightswitch
on 9/17/13 9:18 am

Hey,

Walmart walking and pushing a basket requires a lot of strength. You are working out but not outside.   Good for you.   I love your commitment to move.  

Connie D.
on 9/17/13 9:40 am
Thanks Jeannie.....I always walk Laos around the store.....then I grab a cart and shop. Was at PT before and that always helps. :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 401 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1208 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1212 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1150 views