Another concern...

jaesueray
on 9/18/13 1:21 am
RNY on 09/04/13

I do have a question for you all. During the full  liquid phase did you feel weak and tired? Take naps?

i know i am healing and all, but dang, ive been out of surgery and work  now for two weeks. Shouldn't i be feeling better?

I don't feel like i have the energy to exercise, when i go to the groc store i am wiped out.

Is this normal?

Connie D.
on 9/18/13 1:28 am

Yes...you are normal....your body is healing....give yourself time. As you can eat food you will start to feel better. I always had at least three Boost High Protein Drinks (Glucose Control or Calorie Smart) a day when on liquids. Be sure you are getting in your vitamins and calcium too. Try to walk a little each day. Your energy will come back.

Good Luck!!

Love and hugs.....connie d

poegirl100
on 9/18/13 8:07 am - Cibolo, TX

I took a nap every day for the first two months, and I wasn't a nap person!  You just had MAJOR surgery.  Let your body rest when it needs to.  You will heal faster and feel better sooner.  Remember to walk, walk, walk (even if it is just up and down your own driveway--do it 2 or 3 times a day) and sip, sip, sip!

Vickie 

jaesueray
on 9/18/13 9:25 am
RNY on 09/04/13

Thanks ladies. I was worried,

Jan

lightswitch
on 9/18/13 9:47 am

Girl,

I was so tired the first month.  I remember going to work right after surgery and literally stopping every few steps to rest.  In order to get over the tiredness, walk.  I know you may think crap walking when I am so tired...walking will begin to build up your stamina but if you don't walk, you will become debilitated and it takes so long for us mature girls to get over being debilitated so walk a little and try to keep your muscle tone.   

Buyer remorse happens about the second or third week out and you think I should feel better.  YOu are doing what you are supposed to do...get support from your weight loss sisters.  

jaesueray
on 9/18/13 1:07 pm
RNY on 09/04/13

Thanks for the support, you ladies are wonderful!

Jan

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 384 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1185 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1194 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1130 views