Thursday....what are we eating?

susandoeshair
on 9/26/13 6:41 am - Alexander, AR
Crazy busy day running about like the proverbial chicken.

B...3in week white sand from subway

S... Nothing

L...fresco chicken taco and some pintos and cheese from Taco Bell. Only ate half the beans

S...Banana

D...grilled pork chop, snap peas, rice

Susan

(deactivated member)
on 9/26/13 7:51 am

Yesterday I had

2 protein shakes

ham sandwich

bosc pear

green beans 

bulgar pilaf

2 oz ham to round out calories and protein

Total    1202 calories 158 gr carbs     75 gr protein   33 g fat

percentages   carbs    51%

protein  24%

fat          25%

I always strived to keep carbs at around 40% but my nutritionist says it should be 50% for proper brain function.  I guess the jury is out  as far as I am concerned.  I'll give it a couple of weeks and see if I  agree.

susandoeshair
on 9/26/13 9:22 pm - Alexander, AR
Linda, I try to keep my % at 40-30-30..... Protein, carb, fat ratio

Susan

mermaidoz
on 9/26/13 8:25 am, edited 9/26/13 3:56 pm - Canada
B. Coffee with 1% milk

Granola cereal ( looks like birdseed and twigs) with 1% milk, frozen raspberries

No snack

L. Nuked 4 leftover ricotta-filled ravioli (half a frozen Lean Cuisine portion) with a few frozen peas, diced cucumber and dab of extra veggie jarred pasta sauce, and a lump of cream goat cheese (as is only cheese I have in house at the moment) and fresh chives

Snack: 2 mugs tea ( no sugar no milk) and small cucumber

D. Cooking Crockpot frozen skinless boneless chicken breasts with a jar tomato veggie pasta sauce, extra diced onions and garlic, frozen edamame, all cooked in a container of Gardenay roasted red pepper soup....( did 7 chicken breasts, so will freeze in portions with sauce) have some fresh asparagus, might dice some up into the mix as well.

When guests come, I can quckly cook up some spaghetti for them, and nuke a couple containers of my crockpot creation, and for them it is "chicken cacciatore", for me just the chicken in tomato veggie sauce.

lightswitch
on 9/26/13 9:03 am

Silly Me...worked through lunch and was doing back to back workshops for an auditorium filled with students and suddenly, I thought, hell, why am I feeling so weak...no food since 5.   So, when I got back to my office, I ate my lunch and now it is too close to eat my dinner...geeze.  

B:  1/2 cup of prune filled oatmeal

Snack: banana

Late, late lunch:  chicken thigh, sweet potato

no snack

Dinner will probably be cucumber salad with some radishes.   

lightswitch
on 9/26/13 9:06 am

Susan,

I love, love, love pinto beans but over the last few months, I cannot eat them because I will literally fart in public. I really have to watch that cause...well...you know.   

Your grilled pork chop makes me think I should do that sometime soon.   I love a good chop. 

susandoeshair
on 9/26/13 9:20 pm - Alexander, AR
Jeannie, when Kroger has boneless pork loin on sale I buy a good size one and hand cut chops, some stew chunks, and a small roast to put in the crock lot. Everything gets sealed into portion sized vacuum sealed bags. I keep the chops fairly thin, like 1/2-3/4 inch thick. Five minutes on each side on the grill, then in wrap them in foil and allow them to "rest" ( grilling is so exhausting, you know) for about 5-10 minutes while I put everything else together. Super easy and quick

Susan

Connie D.
on 9/26/13 1:00 pm

Hello Susan and everyone....

B.....Boost and a small banana

L...Chili at Wendy's with 2 packets of crackers

D....turkey, stuffing and potatoes (small frozen dinner...yuck)

S.....nuts

HUGS....connie d

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 401 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1208 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1212 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1150 views