Back to work today

jaesueray
on 9/29/13 8:42 pm
RNY on 09/04/13

Wish me luck as i return to work today, I feel good and have my food and Vitamins

organized. Still not sure if i want to tell my co workers details about why i was out.

But it will come to me.

Everyone have a great Monday!

Jan

cindibarre
on 9/30/13 12:57 am - Danforth, ME

Good Morning Jan and OFF-

Jan good luck today at work.  Remember that you just had major surgery and anesthesia so you're going to tire out easily for a couple of weeks.  I chose not to tell anyone what I was doing except for a select few initially.  As I lost the weight and people would ask what I had done, I told them.  But I was doing this for me not anyone else.

Sunny day in Maine.  Not happy with my Monday morning weighin but I'm choosing to remain positive.  I am working out regularly and eating as mindfully as possible.  I will conquer this regain.

Gotta go to town today to take the furbaby to the vet for his shots.  He'll be really pleased with me I'm sure.  Then home to continue picking up for the Mah Jong ladies.  I have chosen to bake stickey rolls for the snack tomorrow.  Replacing the brown sugar with Splenda blend.  All left overs will be sent home with my guests.  I will mindfully eat one roll.

Positive thoughts to all of you in pain and having issues.  I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you Jan!  Have a great day ladies!

Cindi

poegirl100
on 9/30/13 1:34 am - Cibolo, TX

Good morning Jan and Cindi and all my OFF sistas!

Jan, just remember that people pay much less attention to what you eat than you might think.  I just wouldn't offer any explanations unless someone makes a direct comment.  Then you can just say you are on a restricted diet for a couple of weeks, doctor's orders.  Its really no one's business.  There are a bunch of people I've never told including family.

Cindi, I am struggling with my regain also.  I'm back at that crossroads between a L and an XL again, and it's ******g me off at myself.  15 lbs is a whole dress size.  I do NOT want to go up a size.  I'm afraid I wasn't a very mindful eater at all yesterday.  I was more of a "see food--eat it" person yesterday.  I have noticed that I wake up very hungry and tend to consume the majority of my calories in the mornings.  Already today I have had a coffee protein drink, a muffin (homemade), and just now ate a bowl of grits with a fried egg on top.  And it's only 10 a.m.!  But now I probably won't eat again until around 3 or 4 p.m.  It's very weird.  I just wake up starving.

Well, I had a very bad day yesterday, emotionally.  Chris left for a couple of hours (I said she could) and the boys were  both fussing and crying, and I just wasn't able to ignore it or handle it at all.  Normally, I just sort of rise above the fuss and remain calm.  Well, I did remain calm with the boys, but it was because I was afraid if I let go, I would cry and scream, too.  I just feel so damn trapped!  I have already lived through this toddler/infant phase once before with my own kids.  I don't want to live through it again with Christie's kids. I was really feeling quite desperate about it yesterday evening.

Then I woke up this morning and TOM arrived.  AGAIN.  Twice in two weeks.  Arrgghh!  Enough of this crap.  I'm sure that's why I was so emotional yesterday.  And probably why I gave in and ate cake all day yesterday too.  I cannot wait until my dr appt tomorrow morning with the GYN.  I want to get this hysterectomy scheduled and over with!    I am 56 friggin' years old.  I am too old to be dealing with PMS and TOM.  I just want it gone.

Took Benny to school this morning and he cried when I left him again.  That just tears me up.  He is having a hard few weeks making all these adjustments.  I feel so much compassion for him.  Poor lil guy.  At the same time, he is fussy and demanding and whiny, and just generally driving us all crazy with his acting out.  When I'm with him, he wants his mom.  When she's with him, he want me.  And he doesn't want either one of us to hold the baby.  "Put the baby down!"  I understand what he's going through, but like I say, I already went through this once with Carrie and Christie.  It's not much fun going through it again with Benny and Reese.

Oh, well, I'm in a gripey, complaining mood this morning.  Sorry 'bout that!  Thanks for listening to me rant.  Connie posted a beautiful thing on FB this morning and I'm going to repeat it here:

God, teach me how to praise You for the doors you have closed,

as well as the ones You have opened. 

Boy, do I ever need to take that one to heart today. 

Well, I hope everyone is doing well this Monday morning.  It's a beautiful cool morning here.  Such a rare treat!  The rains washed everything clean and sparkling and the sun is shining.  I need to go outside for a few minutes of quiet meditation and reflect on my many blessings.  I will not let the blue funk take hold of me today!

Love you all!

Vickie 

(deactivated member)
on 9/30/13 3:12 am, edited 9/30/13 3:12 am

It no one's business why you were out.  Your co workers are you co workers not your counselors or confessors.  Tell what you want to tell, to whom you want to tell it to.  You probably know who will be supportive and who will smirk.  Your decision, your timing.

Get ready for a great ride.  You will soon be doing things you couldn't do before.  It is the little things that hit ya first, crossing your legs, being able to fit between your grocery basket and the counter at the check out lane, and running after the grandkids.  Small and insignificant things to those who have never struggled with being obese but mind blowing to all of us.

Congratulations and good luck.

Connie D.
on 9/30/13 3:58 am

Good morning Jan and everyone....

Jan...I am sure your day will go well. Remember your business is your business!! It was for a personal reason....enough said. Good Luck!!!

Vickie....I wish I could come and help you. I am so sad for you. This is a lot to handle. Poor Benny....he didn't have any time to adjust....pow... there was a new brother. It is hard enough for the adults to adjust and he is just a confused little boy. I am still angry at Chris for doing this to all of you....keeping it hidden. You all deserved time to adjust. She was being very selfish. I hope they leave soon....not for the boys sake but for you and Butch. How  Chris can expect anything from you now after the way she handled this.That is just WRONG. I just sit and shake my head! Love you so much my friend!

I am drawing a blank....sorry everyone...I really can't remember who else posted.

I am doing okay today. I plan on walking for a bit when I am done on the computer. I spoke with Pam yesterday about cleaning up the bedroom so I can sleep in the bed. She totally agrees. I just can't do a recliner for another 6-8 months. I hope she can work on it soon!

Wishing you all a wonderful day. Sounds like many need prayers here today. Special prayers for Nan and all the others dealing with cancer and other serious health issues.

Much love and many hugs...connie d

poegirl100
on 9/30/13 5:06 am - Cibolo, TX

Oh, Connie, I love you, too!  As some wise person somewhere once said, "**** happens."  It certainly does, doesn't it?  You and I can both attest to that!

My gosh, I had no idea there was another bed at Pam's!  I thought the reason you were sleeping in the recliner was because she only had one bedroom and one bed!  Oh, honey!  You are in such a hard spot, aren't you?  Of COURSE you want to sleep in a bed.  I can't believe she didn't offer to clean out the second bedroom for you before now.  I wish I could come and help you.  I wish you could come and stay here with me awhile.  (Not that you would want to enter this house--it's a zoo!)  No wonder you are constantly in pain.  It must be nearly impossible to stretch out and relax fully in a recliner.  I'm so sorry!

Still praying for you to get a new apartment (or something) as soon as possible.  Surely something will open up soon.

Hang in there!  You can be as tough as you need to be!

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 9/30/13 5:47 am

Vickie......there is only one bedroom.....I sent you a PM.

connie d

Jo W.
on 9/30/13 8:47 am - Owosso, MI

Connie  are you sure you wouldnt like a long visit to michigan?  We have mulitple cats but  I will give motor home a real good cleaning to rid it of cat problems and ;you can hibernate there for a while!!!! 

Connie D.
on 9/30/13 9:02 am
Thank you Jo....you are so kind. Be careful I could take you up on that offer!!! :)
Jo W.
on 9/30/13 11:16 am - Owosso, MI

I'd love it!   I'd even let you borrow the energizer bunny clones!    well maybe not clones they'd wear out the energizer bunny!!    but i'd still let you  borrow them!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 384 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1185 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1194 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1130 views