Hunger

dlo2
on 10/7/13 8:23 am, edited 10/7/13 8:24 am - Brandenburg, KY
Hi everyone I haven't been on here in ages but I am hoping for some advice. For about the past month I have been hungry all the time. Nothing seems to help and I have gained an unwanted five lbs. I get the most relief from my protein drink but it doesn't last very long. I am four year out and don't understand what is going on. Anyone else experience this. I am open to any and all suggestions.
Laureen S.
on 10/7/13 8:29 am, edited 10/7/13 8:30 am - Maple Shade, NJ

I have had the same issue for the past few months, heck hunger returned early on for me (I was jealous of people who said they never felt hungry), but more recently I have felt real hungry at different times. . .  are you eating small meals through out the day?  like every 2.5 to 3 hours.  Do you like yogurt?  I have found the Greek Yogurt (I use the Dannon Light n Fit), there are other low calorie ones, fill me up and leave me satisfied for longer times. . .  also, are you drinking all your fluids, sometimes thirst masquerades as hunger. . .  try drinking something decaffienatted when hunger strikes and is not based in real need for food. . .  I'm sure others will come by and give you some information other than what I, myself, have.

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

dlo2
on 10/7/13 8:37 am - Brandenburg, KY
Thanks. I know I do not drink enough fluids and when I do it is usually caffeinated. I will try reducing the amount of caffeine and see if that helps. I also need to reach for more protein. One thing that seems to stay with me is bread and I know that is not good.
susandoeshair
on 10/7/13 12:15 pm - Alexander, AR
Many times when we think we are hungry, it's really thirst. Try ditching the caffeine and drinking lots of water.
P.s. Weight gain around three years is normal, sobe aware of it and fight like the dickens!

Susan

lightswitch
on 10/7/13 11:23 am

I'm one of those that doesn't feel hunger but I do have head hunger like crazy.   In order to handle the head hunger, I keep carrots, celery, bell peppers, cauliflower and all kinds of vegetables that are low calorie and high fiber.  I keep fruit too but the fruit has a lot of sugar in it so I stick to vegetables.   You might also try sugar free popsicles.   Anything that you eat outside of your regular meals make it a work food that requires energy to digest so high fiber and low calorie.   

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1167 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1114 views