Late Monday Morning and No Thread Started

cindibarre
on 10/7/13 1:36 am - Danforth, ME

Good Morning OFF -

Can't believe that no one has started the thread.  Dreary Monday morning in Maine.  Supposed to have showers most of the day and then rain most of the night.

Today I will conquer the loft area.  I am looking for jump drives for my computer files that I cannot find.  They have to be up in the loft.  While I'm looking I can also print some things on the computer and pile up things that need to go with me to Texas. Then I will work on another baby quilt. 

Spent the first part of my morning sending emails to my representatives about this mess in Washington.  I don't know about the rest of you but I'm starting to worry that these idiots are going to play "Tarzan" and put this country back into a recession.  Anyway the emails are sent and I can focus on other things that I need to complete before leaving for Texas.

The scale finally moved downward this week.  I worked hard to get it there.  I had to exercise 6 days out of 7 and strictly watch my consumption.  Sadly VSG patients don't have the dumping that many of the RNY folks do.  I am definately carb resistant and have to be very strict with my carb consumption.  The mindful eating has helped with the carb consumption.  I still allow myself carbs but I try to eat them very mindfully.

Well, that's about all.

Jo- Hope the terror triplets were happy to see you return.  You and your husband deserve a medal for taking them into your home and protecting them from their idiot relatives.

Debbie- Hope your friend is recovering well and sails right into rehab and home.

Connie- Hope the housing situation resolves soon.  I've been looking online for house sitting gigs for next winter.

Vickie- I know that you're going to find the home front not as pristine as you would like but focus on the feelings you felt during the weekend.  Remember next weekend you can always go back to Waco or go visit your Mom and let them practice being a family.

Judy - Hope the chiropracter gets you some relief.  I swear by mine and remain very faithful to going once a month.

Piney- The donkey story made me giggle.  I agree with Jo, let the terror triplets come help you round up the critters.  Remind your husband that while he feels great he has had major surgery and needs to take it easy.  Don't want to break that new knee.

Well, ladies off to find the jump drives that are missing.

Cindi

Connie D.
on 10/7/13 5:46 am

Good afternoon Cindi and everyone....

Cindi....it is 2:39 PM and no one but you posted...wow. It sounds like you have several things to keep you busy today. Grass sure doesn't grow under your feet!! Glad the scale moved for you....I wish mine would. Down a couple days and up a couple and so on.

As for me.....I have to go to the bank and then WalMart when I finish here. Other then that not much else planned. It will be nice to go for a walk. The sun is shining brightly. We have had a very cold and wet few days.

Wishing you all a wonderful day. Prayers for so many of our OFF family and friends. God Bless you all!!

Love and hugs.....connie d

Judy G.
on 10/7/13 8:22 am - Galion, OH

Hi...reading posts and can't answer...headache from hell and it HURTS!!!!!!! Going to bed and try to sleep it away...

Thoughts and Prayers for ALL that need them!!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSS

poegirl100
on 10/7/13 10:03 am - Cibolo, TX

Good evening, sistas!

Oh, this has been such a very long day.  Got up and left Waco this morning.  Just before I was ready to leave, Butch called.  I was trying to get out the door and get Patty Kate loaded, and so I said (foolishly!), "Can you call me back in 10 minutes and then we can talk while I drive?"  Ha!  I should have talked when I had the chance.  They had a fire drill and he never did call me bac****il this afternoon, when I was at the dentist.  So no talk today.

Anyway, I got home just fine, and then I had to go to the dentist.  Oy vey!  I spend 2 1/2 hours in the chair.  My mouth hurts and my pocketbook is quite, quite empty now! 

Tomorrow I go back to the GYN for more tests and procedures.  Ugh.  Have to decide between having an ablation and a hysterectomy, too.  I really did want to talk to Butch about all the options today, but I guess I'll just have to make the best decision I can on my own.

Heard from Carla last night, and she says her grandbaby is just fine.  She wasn't reacting well to the formula, but they've changed it now and she is fine.  No worries.

I just wanted to say hi!  I'm going to bed now.  (Yes, it is only 7 p.m., but I'm going down.) Judy, girlfriend, I hear ya!  When in pain, go to bed!

Love you all!

Vickie 

mermaidoz
on 10/7/13 10:48 am - Canada
Get the hysterectomy, its the best and you will never regret it....
Sorry if screws up other plans, but take care of yourself first for once!
Jennifer
poegirl100
on 10/7/13 11:17 am - Cibolo, TX

Message received!  Love you, Jennifer! 

Vickie 

Judy G.
on 10/7/13 1:07 pm - Galion, OH

Vic, I take it this was not a planned appointment with the dentist? I have one coming up this month also and NOT looking forward to it at all...I miss my dentist I had few years ago...he didn't hurt me when he cleaned my teeth!!!! These girls dig for gold I think!!!

Sorry you couldn't talk to Butch today!!!! Hope he will call you again SOON!!!!

If I were you I would also get the hysterectomy. Take care of YOU!!!!!!!!!!! Don't take the quick way...you might regret that afterwards.

Glad the baby is ok!!! That is what I thought it was going to be the formula.

Headache is almost gone but the rest of me is sore...going back to bed now for the night.

Hang in there...HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

mermaidoz
on 10/7/13 11:23 am - Canada
Biopsy results, NOT!

Hi everyone:

Seems Hospital report re biopsy was sent to my doctor 3 October last week Thursday, but she is on vacay until November , so my file with report placed in her in-tray until doctor comes back, and receptionist wont tell me.

Unacceptable I stated, and was very LOUD, so receptionist is going to email doctor for permission for office nurse to tell me contents of the biopsy report.
I have had tension headaches and canker sore in mouth from worry last and this week...waiting a whole month more is cruel punishment and I will complain to my doctor but notice she is already "checking out" as retires in Feb. Her daughter is supposed to be taking over the general practice and inherit all the mother's patients like me, as she too is a family practice doctor....
Lately her mother has been letting me down somewhat, she even forgets to take my blood pressure when in for infrequent visits (as rarely ill)....I have to remind her...hope the daughter is more conscientious like her mother used to be when my doctor for 34 years....doctors shouldn't be allowed to retire just as you get older and need them more!

I'll keep you posted , but like to think maybe ok as I wasn't told to book an apt for November when my "elderly " ( 3 years years you ger than me) doctor is back, although I don't trust the chretin receptionist to book me if necessary although she was looking at my file and reading the report today while I was on the phone......(you'd think if report was negative she could tell me to relax and speak to doctor in November, no rush)!

Thats all for now, will keep you posted....

Jennifer ( spitting nails)
Judy G.
on 10/7/13 1:02 pm - Galion, OH

Jennifer...HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSS I feel bad for you because they will not tell you the results!!! Isn't there another dr filling in for this one while gone??? Hope you get an answer soon!!!!

I went today for my 6 month re-pap and was supposed to have a breast exam also so they could order my mammogram. Did I get that done? NOPE!!!!!! The whole appointment sucked!!!! They take me in the room...she asks me if I was there for my pap results. NOOOOOOOOOOO I am here to have one today!!! She said you sure its not for the results??? Yes I am sure!!!!!! I NEED A PAP TEST TODAY!!!! Oh ok...she then brings the electric blood pressure machine (which I hate with a passion!!!!) Puts the cuff on my SORE arm...(which I also told her about!!!) I bear with it...the dam machine can't get a reading the first time...squeezes tighter the second time...again doesn't get a reading so it goes to squeezing the hell out of my sore arm...I told this idiot that if it goes for a 4th time I am ripping it off my sore arm!!!!!!!!!! My whole arm was like it was asleep!!!!!!!! She says oh would like me to put it on your other arm? HELL NO!!!!!!!!!! Get me off this machine!!!!!!! Finally it reads my BP 150/105!!!!!!!!! I told her that reading was WRONG!!!!!!!!!! This electric machine does this EVERY time they use it and why can't they use the manual one on me like it says in my chart??????????? She didn't answer. Said the nurse practioner would be right in and to get undressed. Fine. She comes in does the pap and tells me if I don't hear anything in 2 weeks to call. If everything is ok she will see me in 6 months again. She leaves and I said wait a minute...she keeps on going...WTH?????? No breast exam??????? I get home and call Melissa the one in charge of my case for funding...she is livid!!!! So she is calling them and will let me know tomorrow....I asked her where they found this new chick because she sure didn't know anything!!!!!! She said she knew they hired new people but didn't know they were that bad...she said she would look into it and thanked me for letting her know. I hope they do something about it!!!! So now I am not sure IF I can have my mammogram without the exam....GRRRRRRRRRR All this is free for me and maybe I shouldn't complain but gezzzzzzz I was upset!!!!!!!!

So anyhow sorry I went on and on here...will keep you in my prayers and thoughts for you to get news on your results!!!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSSS

Eileen Briesch
on 10/8/13 12:05 am - Evansville, IN

You're right, Jennifer, that is unacceptable. Keep calling until they give you the results. You are entitled to them; they are your records. 

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!