Howy,,,old timer stopping by

Musicmama88
on 12/8/14 5:47 am - Danville, IN

Hello everyone,,its been a long time since I posted on here. I had my surgery in 2005 and was on here constantly then.  Lost 140 pounds and it was the best decision I ever made.

However, Im on here to ask if any of you over 5 ears out have had any complications? I have been having attacks of severe pain in my left front abdomen, terrible bloating and swelling along with weight gain.. It started about a year ago, once in awhile,,now it is almost daily and there is constant pain, like burning. I finally mentioned it to the GP and he made an appointment for a CT scan, as I told him I thought it might have something to do with my RNY. I go Thursday morning to have that and a lot of bloodwork done.

Meanwhile I researched on this site, and found this..and wondered if any of you had had an experience with it..

Intussusception after Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass Surgery:

A friend of mine who is ten years out,just had to have emergency surgery for this same thing, and an emergency revision.

How bout it..anybody familiar with this? She said her doctor told her it is being seen more and more often around 9-10 years after WLS. Especially Laparascopic RNY.

Meanwhile,,great seeing some of ya still on here! Hope all is well with you!

"For I know the plans I have for you ," declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

carlak
on 12/8/14 6:09 am - Bradenton, FL

I had something like that. I was in the hospital for ni e days this past September from a colonoscopy causing swelling. But I have avimmune deficiency causing the swelling.

So I'm no help.

carla

image hosting site

Judy G.
on 12/8/14 7:14 am - Galion, OH

Hey stranger!!!! Welcome back!!! HUGSSSSSSSSSSSS

No I haven't heard of this and not having any trouble...gained some lost it and gained some again...not worried...but I am about YOU!!!! Hope you come back and let us know what is going on with you!!! PLEASE!!!???

HUGSSSSSSS and prayers for you!!!!!

Connie D.
on 12/8/14 7:29 am

Hey talk about a blast from the past....WOW!!!!!

I am not having problems other then some weight gain.

I hope you find the answers to your problem and get it taken care of real soon. Good luck with the scan tomorrow. I will be saying a prayer.

Love and hugs to you....connie d

mermaidoz
on 12/8/14 9:04 am - Canada

Just Googled and read lots about intussusception after laparoscopic RnY.  Seems happens a lot and especially at 3-4 years out, plus also many years later.  Very interesting as had never heard of it. Thanks for posting.

jennifer

Eileen Briesch
on 12/8/14 9:11 am - Evansville, IN

Hey, welcome back! I just googled this and although some of it was in doctorese, I kind of understood it. But I haven't had that. Other than the weight gain, unfortunately, but that's all on me. 

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

lightswitch
on 12/8/14 10:27 am

I've had problems with ulcers and am on prilosec daily.  I did have emergency surgery and all of that but it was within the first three years.   BTW, welcome back.  Stay after your doctor to find the cause and treat it.  

mermaidoz
on 12/9/14 2:46 pm, edited 12/9/14 2:47 pm - Canada

Could you please post what happened after your CT scan? I am having symptoms like you describe, was thinking just IBS and Diverticulosis....but maybe I have what you have? Help me and others by posting your next steps.

thanks ever so much....

jennifer

Musicmama88
on 12/10/14 1:23 am - Danville, IN

I will post as soon as I hear what the results are for the CT scan. Im going tomorrow at noon,,dont know if Ill know the same day or the next. I have had two more attacks and the resulting symptoms...gas,,change in stool appearance..soreness. Im anxious to find out what is going on for sure. I havent been able to tolerate much meat for a long time so that might be part of that too. Im bloated badly in the upper abdomen. My daughter is a personal trainer and she even said it doesnt look like weight gain, more like swelling. I have never had it before, just the last several months so its probably all part of the problem.

Ill keep ya all posted! Great hearing from some of you old friends!! Ill be back!

"For I know the plans I have for you ," declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Judy G.
on 12/10/14 9:19 am - Galion, OH

Thoughts and Prayers.....Good Luck!!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 373 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1171 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1179 views