One test down...

Musicmama88
on 12/30/14 1:36 am - Danville, IN
Well, yesterday I went to the doc and had the barium swallow done,,yuk!. He said i have a very small pouch, one of the smallest he has seen actually, and it looked fine. That reasurred me. He said according the a cursory look everything seemed to be workiing fine. But I have an endoscopy on the 12th so maybe they will find the cause of this pain that has become an almost constant thing now. I have been having several episodes a day, and when they happen a knot rises up in my abdomen. It lasted so long Sunday night that my husband was about to take me to the ER. I told the doc that yesterday, they were concerned abd still investigating. Im at the point now if they dont find anything with the next test, Im about to beg for surgery to have a look. No, I dont have to be eating for this to happen. No, I dont feel any heartburn. They thought it might be GERD but how would that create the pain and the hard knot? We shall see I guess...Ill keep you posted. Meanwhile, hope you all have a great new year!!
"For I know the plans I have for you ," declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Judy G.
on 12/30/14 1:58 am - Galion, OH

Have you tried a heartburn pill?? might give it a shot and see if it does help...never know...keep us posted!!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSS

Connie D.
on 12/30/14 2:55 am

Betsy....I think it may be time to get a second opinion, or is this your second opinion??  They can't expect you to live with this pain all the time. Next time it gets that bad I hope you do go to the ER. They need to see this when it is happening.

I continue to pray for you....God Bless!!

Love and hugs to you.....connie d

Patricia R.
on 12/30/14 5:10 am - Perry, MI

I had awful indigestion and pain, as well as other symptoms, when my gall bladder was acting up.  To make things worse, an ultrasound showed nothing.  So, I had to wait another month for a hyda scan, and then more than a month for surgery.  I'll be praying your doctors are able to get to the bottom of everything fast.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Musicmama88
on 12/31/14 2:33 am - Danville, IN

Got a call from the nurse yesterday, she said the test showed that my colon was full of stool. Hmm,,,I told her I didnt seem to be constipated as I went to the bathroom regularly. She said to drink more water and eat more fiber. Well, I have had a constipation problem since birth. I had to have a colonoscopy a few years ago and even after all the prep, nothing moved for a couple of days. So last night I went and got a colon cleanse. Nothing yet and I took it last night. Sixteen dollars,,I hope it moves SOMETHING. But I still have the endoscopy on the 12th. Im gonna talk to the doc about this telescoping bowel I read about, how constipation is a symptom and well as the pain I am having. We shall see,,,,

"For I know the plans I have for you ," declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1116 views