Tuesday, Tuesday

cindibarre
on 12/15/15 9:07 am - Danforth, ME

Good morning OFF-

Can't believe I'm first to post this morning.  Figured you would all have signed in and posted by now.

So here's my status.  Drive to Mom's took two days of long driving.  My butt just doesn't have it in it anymore.  Drive back to Texas took three days.  Mom does not move fast in the mornings and we had to stop frequently for potty breaks.  Probably better for me anyway as my back was not happy with me.

Since arriving on Saturday we have survived a raging storm which resulted in a 6 hour power failure.  We haven't fought over the thermostate as I have set it for her comfort.  I will sweat for a while.  Not ten minutes in the house she was rearranging furniture in her mind but since my Dad and I used to have a bet about how long she could hold off before commenting I had expected that.

Yesterday we did the Walmart run.  I'm sure I wore her out going through the grocery department.  She has lost her sense of taste she doesn''t have any input on what to plan for meals so I'll just wing it.  Last night she wanted to go watch while I taugh****er fitness.  Of course on the way home I got a lecture on how I shouldn't stop the class abruptly after doing aerobic exercise.  Of course we should have stayed in the pool and continued to get bitten by the ants that have invaded the pool room after the torrential rains of Sunday.  I am breathing deeply and trying real hard.

So today we will continue to unpack and decorate the tree.  All my ornaments had been stored in moth balls to prevent mice and insects while in storage at the Maine house.  So you can imagine what the house smells like now.

Connie - I hope that you are taking it easy after falling out of bed.  Like Judy and others I hope that you are not concussed.  Perhaps you need a sleep study to see what's going on.

Vickie-  Do not take the blame for Christie's outburst!  What I read yesterday implied that it's all your fault.  NOT NOT NOT  She's mentally ill and aware of it.  She is the one who chooses not to seek medication or treatment.  I had a bipolar grandmother.  I have several friends who are bipolar.  It's an awful disease but people should not have to tiptoe on eggshells because the person who has the disease refuses to acknowledge their illness and seek help.  Okay off my soap box.  Like everyone else, did you check the tire dealer for the smart key.

Cindy P - saw reports of the heavy storms in your area.  Glad you got the roof repaired and hope that things are okay where you are.

Juliette-  didn't you have roof repairs too?  Hope the weather on the west coast is not affecting you as well.

Mary-  The image of you using a reciprocating saw to trim your trees makes me smile.  I did something similar one year.  Sorry your friend was not able to come help with the chores but glad tht Maura was able to help with a few things.

Judy-  I was delighted to read about your Christmas bonuses.  Glad your boss recognized all the hard work that you and Rick have put in at the complex.  You can't be held responsible for people dying or having to go into nursing homes.

Eileen-  liked the decorating that Gary did for your apartment.  Especially loved the pictures of Juliette.

Carla - hope your travel homegoes well.  Surgery coming up soon so I'll be swinging chickens for you.

I know that I am forgetting someone so for that I apologize.  Off to unpack boxes and claim my living room!  Plus bake cookies for a cookie exchange I'm going to on Thursday morning.

Thoughts and hugs going out to all of you!

Cindi B

Connie D.
on 12/15/15 10:23 am

Good morning Cindi....I am so glad you made it home safely. No thermostat battles is good. I would do the same thing and just set it for her comfort. Makes things so less stressful!

As for the ants you did the right thing even if your mom didn't think so...LOL!!

I hope it didn't take to many hours at the grocery store. If she was tired out she probably slept better. 

Cindi....I was having a nightmare and was so scared, I was running away. That is how I hit the floor. I still have a bit of a lump on my head. I keep icing it. My headache is back but nothing like it was. I have a friend that is an RN. She said I should let my doctor know what happened even though she thinks I will be okay. Thanks for caring!!

LOL...made me laugh about your mom rearranging the furniture!!

I am so glad you survived the storms!!

You posted to Juliette....the only Juliette we have is Eileen's cat. I think you meant Cindy P....they had roof repairs and bad storms. I am so glad I am not the only one doing those things! Hahahaha! We do have a Julia???

As for me...... I am doing okay. I got about 32 Christmas cards written out and mailed them this morning. I am still waiting for a couple more addresses. I am so glad to have that DONE!!! Not that I don't like sending out cards it is too stressful and painful to do it anymore.

I will be going shopping with Fran, my driver. I only need a few groceries, quarters for laundry, and some cash too. 

Nothing else to do and I am looking forward to resting. This week was not a good week for pain. Of course me falling out of bed didn't help!!!

I better start writing up my grocery list.

Have a great rest of the day with your mom. Gosh I wish I had mine to spend some time with. She is missed everyday but especially during the holidays!! 

Prayers for our wonderful OFF Family and their families. Special prayers as requested.

Much love and tons of hugs to all....connie d

ArleneG
on 12/15/15 10:50 am

Hi Sweet Connie,

I feel sad that you are always in pain. Oh how I wi**** would take a break from you and give you a break. Only God and medicine can do that, and medicine in your case doesn't remove the pain that much. I keep praying for you.

I tried to send you a private message, but you have your profile set to private.

You are one of the sweetest kindest people I know, so take care dear. We all love you.

Connie D.
on 12/15/15 11:27 am, edited 12/15/15 3:27 am

Arlene.....Thank you again for  caring and the love.

I am so hoping to get a little while with minimal pain. 

I don't know what I did but God sure must be trying me out for something.

I love all of you too!! Thank you for the prayers.

I really do think I should be living in a warmer climate. I just can't leave my grandchildren!!

Could you please send me a personal message with your address. I hate to get up to look again.

Much love and lots of hugs to you... connie d

ArleneG
on 12/15/15 10:46 am

Hi Cindy,

I am laughing, although it is not funny, about your mom and her ways. So she wants to rearrange furniture. LOL.

And the ants. UGH. I had to get some Terro ant traps because of those buggers. They can spray till the cows come home. The only thing that works for ants are the traps, and it is only temporary. They visit again in a few weeks time. It has been so warm here; in the 80s but we here in Port St Lucie (about 90 miles north of Ft Lauderdale) will be getting a cold front soon.

poegirl100
on 12/15/15 12:51 pm - Cibolo, TX

Hello sistas!

Oh Cindi, do I ever feel your pain!!!  Jeannie and I need to form a club over our daughters.  You and Trish and I need to form a club over our moms!  And we all need a "regain" club!  This group is all over the place.

Well, to follow up on my car key situation, the key guy cut me a manual key last night, but my car battery was dead.  Turns out that when you leave a smart key in the car it not only runs its own battery down, it also drains the car battery!  Crap.  But he got me jumped and going again.

Anyway, the smart key is definitely still somewhere in the car.  The key guy thinks it may have slipped down an AC vent under the drivers seat.  So he ordered this doohickey that can find a smart key that is lost in the car--IF the smart key battery is still strong enough to beep.  But he won't have it until Friday.  In the meantime I have to be sure and run my car every day to keep the battery charged up.  

And in the meantime I cannot lock my car!  Can't lock it when the smart key is still in the car.

Well, Mom and I went shopping today.  Fun, fun--huh, Cindi?  LOL!  We went to Sam's, Lowe's, the bank, and H-E-B (the grocery store).  I'm pooped!  But I plan to work on decorating the tree this afternoon.  I got it out of the box and assembled it last night.  I'm still in full-toddler mode, so my tree only has shatter-proof, non-breakable decorations.  

I am doing a bit better today.  Not quite so depressed.  I don't know what to attribute that to except I got tired of crying all day.  I'm sure I'll cry again before it's all over, but for today, I'm okay.

Tomorrow I have to wrap presents.  Not my idea of a good time at all!  I'm a lousy wrapper!  But I've got to get it done before next week.  I expect to have the boys with me most of next week.  

Now, the big question is, how am I going to keep Maybelle out of the gifts!!!

Well, I'm out of brain power for the day, I guess, because I cannot remember what else I was going to post.  Judy-hurray for the Christmas bonuses!!!  Well deserved!  Connie, darlin', I just cringed reading your post about the fall!  Oh, poor baby!  Trish, I hope your recuperation is going better now.  Carla, safe travels on your way home.  Everyone else--I love you all!

Vickie 

ArleneG
on 12/15/15 3:26 pm

Dear Vicki

Since I have a hunkajunk car I actually had to look up smart keys.

Hope all is well with the car soon. So a smart key runs its battery down and the car battery down.

Sorry for the issues with your daughter. She may one day decide enough is enough pain with the manic depression and get help and medication.

My daughter is a take charge kind of person. Boom, bada bing if something needs to be done in MY life, I hem and haw. Not Lisa. She forces me to do what I drag my feet on. But then I am a laid back person. My former SIL planned a shindig for next March that Lisa wanted to attend. So Lisa called Carla if it was on for sure because she was booking plane tickets. Boom, Lisa took the matter into her hands and bought the plane tickets. Carla is more like me; she changes her mind and vacillates. Now she can't because my daughter has her plane tickets.

As far as mom, I don't know what to say. My mom was a high maintenance spicy, strong Italian woman who cursed like a sailor. Just sometimes, not all the times.  She was a pain sometimes, but what I wouldn't give to have her back.

Know that we are here for you when you are in a depression. It is completely understandable, dear.

Sending Love.

lightswitch
on 12/15/15 4:41 pm

Vic,

When I put up our tree, I used those baby play yard gates to keep our kitten out...that was when our old lady cat was a kitten...and it helped keep our grand babies off of it too....Then, when folks came over, we moved the panels to the back...

I have to tell you that another friend of mine and I were talking the other day and she has a daughter who has BPD too and we both have just been through so much....months go by and life is good but when it hits, all that drama is made up X 500...she said, "you know, I want to tell her to consider me dead and that way she will leave me the F alone." I reminded her that should her daughter decide to leave her the F alone, she may also include the grandkids in that and where would she be....so there you have it...we are all bound to the drama if we want to see our grand babies...breaks my heart. Chin up...just as they cycle through the cray...cray...they have those times where it isn't so bad...although if your daughter is like mine, there is never a time when she isn't deconstructing everything to find subtexts or hidden meanings or sly motives...or something.   Just a few more days and Christmas will be over and we can get back to our real lives and back on track with our healthy eating.  

Judy G.
on 12/15/15 1:26 pm - Galion, OH

Afternoon OFF family...well have some more news...talked to mom this afternoon...she passed out again...WTH???!!!! She got up from going to the bathroom and BAM!!!! Bill heard her fall and found her flat on her face all bloody...sighs...nothing broken thank GOD!!!!!! We all thought this heart valve replacement was supposed to take care of this!!!!!! WTH?????????? She goes to see the dr Thursday again. She IS going to tell the dr what happened. Well her face is all black and blue like the dr won't see she fell again?????? She would not let Bill call the squad nor call Joe either!!!! I told her she needs to be checked out when this happens!!!!!!!!!!! AND Joe IS in charge of her health!!!!!!! He NEEDS to be called!!!!!! She told me not to argue with her...yeah right. She is lucky I am almost 5 hours away!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well that is it for me today...Rick is having  a cow...seems all the tenants are needy today...meaning they need him!!! LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Guess Rick's mom and aunt will be here this weekend...YIPPEEEEEEEE....NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK need to go Rick is yelling for me....

Thoughts and Prayers for all that need them!!!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

yvonnef1964
on 12/15/15 2:22 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Ladies,

I was tired yesterday since I had to get up at 630 am to come home from my brothers. I ate horrible over the weekend since my SIL made cookies and I  went to a birthday party  Saturday  before I  went to my brothers. I'll get on the scale tomorrow morning  to see the damage. Today I went to the laundromat  and after lunch I exercise  then just chilling since then. Tomorrow I'll go to Sams club. Friday I'll go get my tires rotated. Saturday  I'll go to ladies luncheon  for church. I'm keeping busy.

Connie  sorry to hear about your fall. I'll keep you in  my prayers that you get some relief from the pain.

Judy congratulations on the  bonus. You deserve every penny of it.

Vickie glad you aren't so depressed  today. I keep praying for you too.

Thoughts and prayers for everyone.  Have a good evening.

Love and hugs,

Yvonne

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1116 views