Wonderful Wednesday

poegirl100
on 2/17/16 8:04 am - Cibolo, TX

Good morning sistas!

Well, I'm playing on the computer, waiting on my girls to wake up.  They are both snoozing so peacefully right now.  I don't know what kind of night they had, but they let me sleep all night, so I assume there were no problems.

Today we take Caralee to the pediatrician at 1:15.  It's her first checkup.  I think she's doing wonderfully.  I keep telling Carrie not to worry; it's so obvious when a baby is sick or isn't thriving.  Caralee is doing just fine.

I can't help but wonder if Carrie's milk will come in today.  Every evening we fix a little bottle of formula to supplement, and that one ounce seems to be just enough.  

I'm slowly settling into a routine here at Carrie's house and starting to feel more "at home".  I do miss my own house, of course.  I miss my kitchen, my bath, my bed, etc., but it's okay here.  Kinda like an extended stay in a hotel.  Eventually you make the place your own.  

Well, I don't have any other news.  It's all about baby right now.  Looking forward, as always, to reading about everyone's day.

Love you all!

Vickie 

Eileen Briesch
on 2/17/16 8:44 am - Evansville, IN

Hi Vickie and my OFF family to come:

Well, it's the headache day 3. I felt OK when I first got up, but then it came back. So I'm sitting here again with an icepack on my neck. So instead of going to the Y, I stripped the bed, washed the mattress pad and the sheets. Also, my shrink cancelled so if I didn't want to go get my glasses, I wouldn't have to go out at all ... but I do want to pick up my glasses so I guess I will go out. 

Today the headache is on the right side ... yesterday, the left side. Oh well ...

Vickie, so glad Carrie and Caralee are doing so well. As for the milk, don't know what to tell you because I have never been through this. If nothing else, there's formula. I'm sure she wants to nurse, though. 

Hope the checkup is OK. Sounds like Caralee is healthy enough.

Not much going on here. It's gray and gloomy here, probably why I have a headache again. Not helping my mood, either. I just want to go back to sleep. 

Have a good day.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

mermaidoz
on 2/17/16 2:09 pm - Canada

Eileen: when I first joined OFF many years ago I was struck by how often you were in pain.....it has only got worse over the years, and I feel for you everytime I log on because despite the pain you are still working.  I hope the Year of The Monkey is kinder to you ( Chinese New Year) and pain is more controlled and more money or security comes with your job. At least your brother is with you, so you have more personal safety and  live-in company. You are in a better place than a year ago, if only the job and the pain would also improve.

hugs

Jen

lightswitch
on 2/17/16 9:22 am

Hey Vic, Eileen, and Ladies,

I am on my second bottle of water and when it is finished, I can open my first diet coke...see, I am making progress.

Vic, the baby is getting good nourishment and plenty of antibodies from the colostrum. When I worked labor and delivery, I used to the tell the mamas if they could just feed the baby the boob for a week and let it get all the good stuff, then, if they switched to formula, it would be fine.  I think whichever Carrie decides to do, the baby will thrive and benefit.  Formulas these days are so much better than when my kids were babies.  I breast fed my kids because back in those days, formula was so expensive and I couldn't afford to buy it so I breast fed and turns out, both of my kids were like me totally allergic to cow's milk so when I did wean them, I had to buy lactose free milk...all of my daughter's kids are also allergic to milk and my son's kids were breast fed but after about two years, they were able to drink 1% milk....

Well, I need to get back to work. Eileen, I hope that headache takes a hike....enjoy your day. 

Patricia R.
on 2/17/16 9:40 am - Perry, MI

Good Afternoon Vickie and OFF,

Vickie, I wouldn't worry about when Carrie's milk is going to come in.  Like Jeannie said, the colustrum is full of important nutrients that Caralee needs.  If she's peeing and pooping, she's getting nutrition.  My Mom didn't breastfeed, and couldn't understand how I knew Colleen was being fed.  I assured her the diapers told the story.

I'm moving slowly.  Overslept, and can't get my head into today.

I was supposed to go out last night, but couldn't shake the sinus headache I had.  

I got some groceries at Aldi yesterday, but forgot mushrooms for my stroganoff.  Must get to the store.

I need to get my act together.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Connie D.
on 2/17/16 10:50 am

Good afternoon Vickie and everyone....

Vickie....I agree, Carrie and Caralee is doing great! Caralee  sure looks healthy and healthy to me! Carrie, like you said, just needs to go with the flow and not worry. Babies can sense stress and worry. 

You are so blessed. Caralee is a treasure!!! Just the sweetest little princess. I know you are way over the moon with happiness!

Carrie just glows!! What a wonderful new mommy she is. You can pat yourself on the back because you made her that way! You are a wonderful mom too!!

I was I  horrible pain yesterday and today isn't any better. I just can't post replies today. Everyone knows how much I love them. I pray for all of you and your families every day. Special prayers for Mary G., and also Judy as she awaits hearing from her insurance.

Loads of love and buckets of hugs to all....connie d 

yvonnef1964
on 2/17/16 1:37 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Ladies,

It's a nice sunny day but cold 29 degrees.  I've been busy today. I took my friend to the bank and a few stores this morning. Then this afternoon I exercised then went to Meijers to pick up a few things that I wanted to make some dishes. Tonight i go to bible study. Tomorrow I go to the bariatric Dr then I'll go to Sams club.

My dad had called me and said he has an extra ticket to go see Sister Act on stage the end of February.  I told him I would go. At least I will be able to spend some time with my dad, which I don't get very often. I do talk to him every week.

Thoughts and prayers for reveyone.

Love and hugs,

Yvonne

Judy G.
on 2/17/16 1:48 pm - Galion, OH

Afternoon OFF family...well I got THE call this afternoon...I see my dr on the 7th at 10 am then surgery is on the 16th and the hospital will call me to let me know what time. So there you go. You now know what I do. YIPPEEEEEEEEE The person that called me from the dr's office said the dr's would be coming from Columbus to do this...HUH?????????? I thought this was easy peasy????? WTH??????????? She said its called a HALO procedure. Yeah I already was told that.....soooooo now to go back on the 7th and see what else I learn.

Got another apartment rented out...  BUT...another one is leaving us...  CRAP!!!!!!!!!!! But I seem to be doing pretty good so far this year renting...now if I can find a replacement for Chase!! I put a blind ad in the newspaper today and that starts Saturday. he has no clue!! He is a nice guy and everyone here loves him. OH WELL...I need someone that will work faster than a snail!!!!!!!! 78 days in ONE apartment is WAY TOO LONG!!!!!!!!!

Vic...that video on FB made me cry...so precious!!!!!!!!!! GOD BLESS that Baby!!!  She is a sweetheart!!! You are so lucky!!!!

Eileen...you might need an adjustment at the chiro doc to get rid of those headaches!!!

Connie...feel better soon!!!!

OK CR****s...GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Thoughts and Prayers for ALL that need them!!!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Eileen Briesch
on 2/17/16 2:44 pm - Evansville, IN

Judy, had an adjustment, guess it just takes awhile.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

mermaidoz
on 2/17/16 1:59 pm, edited 2/17/16 6:02 am - Canada

Hi Vickie, did I miss baby pix posted here on Off? Not on Facebook so can't see what you posted there. Have difficulties getting on OFf so come here a couple or so times a week, so probably missed Caralee's birth pix.  Congrats to Carrie and you!

jennifer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 372 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1170 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1178 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1118 views