Another Recipe: Shrimp-A-Roni

poegirl100
on 2/21/16 8:36 am - Cibolo, TX

Y'all are probably getting tired of me posting all these recipes.  And this one is not really vegetarian either, but it is extremely quick and easy and SO delicious! It's a great way to stretch a half pound of shrimp into a meal for several people, too.  Anyway, here it is:

Shrimp-A-Roni

4 Tbs butter

1 c. of broken pieces of vermicelli (break them as small as you can, but don't worry too much about it)

1 c. long grain rice

3 c. chicken broth

1 tsp parsley flakes

½ tsp Italian seasoning

½ tsp garlic salt

½ pound shrimp, rough chopped

Melt butter over med high heat and add vermicelli and rice.  Cook, stirring constantly, until rice and pasta begin to toast up.  Add chicken broth and seasonings, stir, cover, reduce heat and cook for 15 minutes.  Uncover, add shrimp, stir, and cover again.  Cook 4-5 minutes or until shrimp are done.

Vickie 

Patricia R.
on 2/22/16 9:10 am - Perry, MI

This sounds yummy, and easy.  

I don't get tired of your recipes.  I appreciate the ideas.

Hugs

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Connie D.
on 2/22/16 1:36 pm

Vickie.....you are right...this seems so easy to make!! I will be trying this too. Please keep posting these good recipes!!

I will buy the two things I need Tuesday when I shop.

Love and hugs to you.....connie d

(deactivated member)
on 2/23/16 8:01 am

Great sounding recipe.  If you don't want to break up the vermicelli you could substitute orzo.  It is rice shaped pasta.  I use it all the time.  My hubby is from Turkey and they always cooked vermicelli rice.  That is the only way he eats rice if it is cooked at home.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 373 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1171 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1178 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1118 views