I didn't plan to wake up this early Wednesday

(deactivated member)
on 3/16/16 3:21 pm

Hello ladies

I am posting late.  Been a busy day.  Woke up at 7:30 showered, got dressed, and left for the Y.  Worked Biceps and back today and ended with cardio and stretches.  That wore me out.  Then came home and changed.  I don't go out in public in my work out clothes, don't want to scare anyone.  Then I headed to Houston to buy some shoes.  I called first to see if they had anything in my size.  didn't want to drive 45min to 1 hour and not even try anything on.  I have very difficult feet to fit.  I wear a 10 AAAA. My heel is actually AAAAA but that doesn't exist.  There is one store in Houston that sells narrow width shoes but even there AAAA is not real easy to find.  I lucked out.  I found the black heels I needed.  Then I found a pair of chocolate brown and a navy blue I liked.  The navy was half price so only $50.00.  The brown was full price at $100.00 but it is so difficult for me to find shoes that I bought them.  My husband asked me if I had anything that went with brown and I said no.  Then the salesman came to my rescue and said " women that wear this size shoe find it easier to match clothes to shoes than shoes to clothes."  John was joking anyway but I thought it cute that the salesman went to bat for me.  Of course I am not naïve.  I know he works on commission so it was to his benefit as well.  I walked out with 3 pair of shoes for a little less than what 2 pair normally cost me.  My day to day shoes I usually get at SAS and they have gone up to about 150.00 a pair.  Good thing I wear my shoes a long time before replacing them.  That is one reason I buy classic, plain pumps.  They ones I replaced today were 15 years old and the insides were breaking apart.  Not comfortable.  Got home around 4:00 and started going through my closet and pulling my formal clothes I am going to take on the cruise.  I need 4 formal outfits.  I have 2 definite and 2 possible.  A black lace dress and a formal pant with a white formal top.  I don't think I'll need to buy anything.  We leave Tuesday so I have time to put stuff together from my closet.

Judy so glad your surgery went well.  Wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery coming your way.

Vickie, you are a better person than I am.  I could not do all that you do for your family.  I require more me time.  Glad Caralee is sleeping better and hopefully you will be able to get a little more sleep.

Connie still sending prayers for Nic and all the doctors that care for him.  Hope you get some rest as well.

Arlene, Cindy, and others suffering with depression...glad to hear that the cloud is gradually lifting.  I am blessed that my bout with depression was situational.  I took meds for a couple of years after my mother died.  Her death hit me harder than I expected but I was able to wean myself off the meds and now I have day where I am blue or in a funk but not for long.

Eileen.. Its no wonder you are stressed.  Even before youknowwho came into your life your job situation was stressful. Your industry has gone and is going through many changes and at our ages worrying about job security is not and easy thing. Hope it all works out for you. 

I know I have forgotten sistahs, its not intentional just my tired 68 year old brain.

Forgiveness Please !!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 375 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1173 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1183 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1119 views