Soggy Sunday

yvonnef1964
on 3/20/16 1:23 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Ladies,

It's a sunny day again but cold. I got up early to go to church. I didn't eat too bad at the potluck today. Only 170 calories over my goal. The brownies were a hit. None leftover. I know I should exercise today but don't feel up to it. I feel like taking it easy today.

Kathy congrats on the weight loss. Sorry the job didn't work out but you can always work some where else. 

Trish  if you need a cane use it. When I had to use a cane I didn't like it because I was so young but I did and a handicap placard. Glad you are having a good time with your sister.

Eileen  glad that device is working for you.

Vickie glad you found the trees you wanted.

Everyone have a good day. Thoughts and prayers  for everyone. 

Love and hugs,

Yvonne

Judy G.
on 3/20/16 1:37 pm - Galion, OH

Afternoon OFF family...Glad that you gave your two weeks notice...that is not the job for you!! You will find something better soon!!!!

Well this morning I made some scrambled eggs...NOT GOOD!!!!!! I have been in MAJOR PAIN til about 5pm!!!!!!!! It all came out...yup I threw up...four times!!!!! ALL scrambled eggs!!!!!!! I don't think any of them made it into my pouch at all!!! Seems anything I eat hurts right about the rib cage/breast bone area like mad!!!!!! Like I have been kicked by that mule again and again!!!!! I really do not feel any better since surgery at all. I am taking my meds...sighs........makes me not want to try to eat at all anymore.

Going back to playing my games then back to bed to rest.

Thoughts & Prayers for ALL that need them!!!

HUGSSSSSSSSS

mermaidoz
on 3/20/16 1:59 pm - Canada

Maybe the scrambled eggs are still  too solid? What about protein Drinks for a few more days?

j

poegirl100
on 3/20/16 2:16 pm - Cibolo, TX

Judy, have you tried egg custard yet? Nice and slippery and still full of protein. If you make it yourself you can control the amount of sugar too.  I have a good recipe if you want it.  So sorry about the eggs. Yuk!  Be awhile before you want those again huh?

Vickie 

Judy G.
on 3/20/16 3:08 pm - Galion, OH

Vic if its quick and easy sure...I have tried the protein powder in milk like I used after WLS...OMG YUCK!!!!!!!!!! So gritty...can't do that now!!!!!!!

You are right no more scrambled eggs for a LONG LONG time!!!!! Sorry Rick!!!

HUGSSSSSSS

poegirl100
on 3/20/16 6:37 pm - Cibolo, TX

Judy, this is a real easy recipe and I used to make it for Daddy when he was so sick.  It goes down real easy.  You can certainly use less sugar if you want to, but it's not overly sweet as is.

Baked Custard

3 eggs

1/2 c. sugar

1/4 tsp salt

1 tsp vanilla

2 1/2 cups milk

nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350 F.  In mixing bowl beat together eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla.  Add milk and mix well.  Pour into 6 custard cups (or just one big pyrex-type baking dish would do also).  Sprinkle with nutmeg.

Set cups in a baking pan with about 1 inch ho****er.  Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.

Vickie 

lightswitch
on 3/20/16 2:56 pm

Judy,

You might need togo back to broth until you can get a hold of your doctor.  My sister had the halo procedure done because she had years and years of heart burn; anyway, it took her a few weeks to get where she could eat again.  I made her tons of broth and jello so she would have food she could eat. 

I hope you are able to get through this and get your eating back to something that resembles normal for you.On the bright side, your pouch will be getting some deserved rest.  

Judy G.
on 3/20/16 3:09 pm - Galion, OH

Jeannie...WEEKS???????????????????

lightswitch
on 3/20/16 5:24 pm

Yes...she was on liquids just like I was when I had WLS and then two weeks on full liquids.  She had severe scar tissue that they had to break up.  

poegirl100
on 3/20/16 2:35 pm - Cibolo, TX

OMG. I'm going to ***** a minute.  Jeannie, your comment about deserving and wanting our freedom is really hitting home today.  We went to the store earlier today, all of us.  As usual Mom won't shop with me, but goes off on her own. The trouble is she gets lost or confused or something and wanders around the store for hours.  Carrie and I shopped a long time too, but then we were ready to go. Where is Mom?  Took me over 30 minutes to find her and in the meantime the groceries are out in the hot car and the baby is crying because she's hungry, etc. Not fun.

And THEN Christie calls and wants me to watch the boys this afternoon.  Omg. No. I am wiped out. I'm still doing laundry and I have extra sheets to wash because of our company and I do have a few things I want to do just for me today.

And THEN Carrie is acting all tired and wants to take a nap so: Mama will you change the baby? Mama will you fix her a bottle? 

I tell y'all there are times when I just want to scream at all of them to leave me alone. Selfish toots!  Mama would like some freedom and time for herself every now and then, you know?

(And then I think to myself "be careful what you wish for", because one day you might end up all alone and how sad would that be?)

My leg muscles are really sore this afternoon. I may have tried to start walking a bit too far for my first few days. Maybe I should have done just a mile a day to start instead of two miles.

On the plus side I have had my two protein shakes, plus an apple and a banana, and I'm doing fine.  Carrie and I are going to a small local diner for supper tonight. They do homestyle cooking and I can get a vegetable plate there.  I'm just too wiped out to cook supper tonight.

Thanks for letting me vent.  Love you all.

Vickie 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1117 views