Saturday Morning It Is

Patricia R.
on 5/7/16 6:24 am - Perry, MI

Good Morning OFF,

Sorry I've been AWOL.  I have been struggling with the depression, and food.

Colleen had a second interview in PA yesterday, and I spent Thursday driving her to the airport in Detroit.

I'm pledging to drink more water today.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

seasheleyes
on 5/7/16 12:45 pm - Manteca, CA

Hi Trish,

I have some struggles going on too. Life does have ups and downs. Today I am going shopping for food. It will be a preparation day, as Linda and Jeannie do. I'll buy veggies and other healthy snacks and meals. Then come home and get the prep stuff done. I'm alone for ten days as my husband and his brother left for Colorado today. I don't have much planned other than classes and some organizing. I'm off to the races...

Julia

lightswitch
on 5/7/16 2:28 pm

Hey Julia,

I love prepping vegetables. I think it is one of those things that allows me to get through some frustrations....slicing and dicing...you know?

We picked the kids up yesterday evening and on our way back up the mountain we stopped for a late dinner. I must have gotten a hold of some bad fish because by the time we got home, I was not doing well.  No one else got sick and they all ate what I ate but I still felt like it was a little food poisoning. Even today, I'm a little weak and nauseous. 

I ran to the store and picked up the kids some meat products...they say they will eat vegetarian but I know they can do it for one day but after that, they need some chicken. So I bought them ingredients for us to make pizza (one cheese and one pepperoni) and two chicken breasts and I'll make them some chicken strips.  

We have crafted, baked, and this evening, we are making pizza so we have hit the fun points for the kids. I think DH is taking them to an early evening viewing of some movie they have been wanting to see.  

Julie, and Ladies, have a good rest of the day.  

Canndesign
on 5/7/16 2:19 pm

I had a crazy busy day today. I was up at 6am getting ready for a stitch day in Seminole Fl. My Crosstitch store puts it on 3 times a year. I did the table decorations for it. Our theme was High tea!

I didn't get much stitching done, I knitted a dish cloth and did a lot of talking!!!

im home now and very tired!

Tomorrow on Mother's Day I'm going to Ikea for a bit!

Carla

lightswitch
on 5/7/16 2:30 pm

Hey Carla,

I am doing a little cross stitching on a project that I have been working on for years....it is so relaxing...not as much as crocheting but it's still fun. Hope your day goes good.

j

lightswitch
on 5/7/16 2:20 pm

Trish,

Mother's Day always makes me so sad and causes me to withdrawal. But I will make sure to come in and say hello. You can get through this.  I know you can.  Depression is the pits and if you can take medication, go to your doctor and get something for it....don't suffer.

Patricia R.
on 5/7/16 7:12 pm - Perry, MI

Thanks Jeannie,

Part of my depression is situational, stuff with Mom.  But, I am on meds, and in therapy, which allow me to get through the slumps easier.  

Hugs, and Happy Mothers Day

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

yvonnef1964
on 5/7/16 3:09 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Ladies,

I've been busy lately and plus I didn't have much to say. I watched two movies today and did my Sunday school lesson for tomorrow.

I wish I know why I have to eat something that's not planned or overeat on junk.  Guess I need to be stronger when I go to the store and don't buy it. Today I had air popped popcorn so I guess that's not as bad as the cookies I had the other night.

Everyone have a good evening

Love and hugs,

Yvonne

mermaidoz
on 5/7/16 7:25 pm - Canada

More like Saturday late evening now so am bringing up the rear. 

First of all have no clue what happened way back with Vickie and Connie as am not on Facebook. If something happened on Facebook, it should stay on Facebook and  it should not affect us here on OFF, even though some people overlap. Vickie and Connie, come back to OFF, we are not to blame here! And if you really don't like someone on OFF because they offended you on Facebook, just block them. I've been blocked, but it was for something on OH. Don't punish us here on OFF for something that happened on Facebook, just quit Facebook! 

As to my stress eating, got in a car accident last week, adrenalin been coursing, can't sleep, other driver charged by police, not me, but still aching all over from stress....trying relaxing techniques, would you believe I still have an old Walkman with stress relief tapes I used in 1999 so am doing them....

Drinking too much wine, and eating too much carby stuff. May was supposed to be my detox month, no wine, no carbs...yeah! Not doing well, and weight loss has stabilized, need to lose another 25 lbs, including 5 lbs regain since last month. Had been doing so well losing, off track now...maybe can restart next week. 

Cleaned off patio from winter grime, washed the furniture as weather warmer now. Looking forward to hauling out the cushions and relaxing in the sun/shade depending on time of day...Summer is here! Will have to buy some nice plants....

hugs to all

jen

Patricia R.
on 5/8/16 4:34 am - Perry, MI

Jen,

I hope you're okay.  I got into a spiral post-op with wine, and ended up in inpatient, and outpatient rehab.  I've been going to AA for decades, but needed more.

Hang in there.  If you need someone to talk to, I'm here.

Hugs,

Trish

Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 372 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1170 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1178 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1118 views