Monday, Monday - Nice Weather on East Coast Continues

Laureen S.
on 6/27/16 5:56 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Good Morning,

What a nice surprise to see all the posts to Saturday's thread!  Looks like busy or not, we've got people who are participating. . .

So today, I took a PTO day and it's a beautiful and I had a wonderful weekend, the concert was fun, energetic and a real cross section of ages, the thing about a Dead show that has always amazes me is that people are really nice there, all the time, unlike many other places, people say excuse me, are patient waiting in lines, just a real good vibe.  Anyway, rode home and got stuck in Gay Pride Parade traffic, so took me an extra hour to get home, but went directly to my daughter's house to hang with my son-in-law, Rich and sweet Juniper, who is an absolute delightful little 10 month old who lights up my world with her smiles and personality!

Food was better Saturday then Sunday, but today is a new day and I did a lot of activity over the weekend, so not going to use a club on my head over yesterday.  

Today I will likely eat very healthy, breakfast is going to be an omelet with cheese (one egg in micro dish) and coffee.  Snack of cherries or Strawberries and lowfat cheese, lunch:  ?  Dinner:  Steak, asparagus.  Snacks will likely be fruit as I am a summer fruit lover.  Already have 5100 steps in, as I took Roxie for a walk this morning and will later tonight after the heat of the day cools down.

Ok, gotta run, making a carrot cake for work, as one of my colleagues is leaving this week and I generally make a cake for birthdays' but hers was during my Florida trip last month, so I told her I'd make it for this week before her last day, which is Thursday and today is it, or it won't get done. . .

Have a great day!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Patricia R.
on 6/27/16 8:26 am - Perry, MI

Good Morning Laureen and OFF,

I bought and cleaned 12 quarts of strawberries on Saturday.  Then, late yesterday, I picked up 12 more quarts.  I have them in the fridge, and will clean most of them today.  I'm giving 3 quarts to Colleen when she gets home from Lake Michigan later today.  

It's been hot and dry here, and we desperately need rain.  Except for some weeds, my yard is dead.

I will probably have some tuna, salad, pasta concoction today.  Not sure exactly what yet, but I have chores, and really don't feel like doing a lot of heavy duty cooking.  I also need some groceries, but may get them tomorrow.

Except for a candy bar yesterday, my food was good.  I will confess that I can easily eat an entire quart of strawberries in one evening.  Not all at once, but throughout the night.  

Must scoot.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

lightswitch
on 6/27/16 11:30 am

Trish,

I put tons of strawberries up every year.  My 17 year old grandson and his little girlfriend took the two little kids to a berry farm and surprisingly, they picked four flats full of strawberries and bought two flats of black berries so I am freezing them and will take them down for my daughter to put in her freezer for the kids...they love them with sugar in them and just left whole and frozen like that....

I am so glad you are doing good with your food.....

Laureen S.
on 6/27/16 6:01 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Trish, I can eat a quart throughout the day. . . nature's candy and the season is so darn short!  Enjoy!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

lightswitch
on 6/27/16 6:22 pm

And they are so damn good for us too.  It's one of the few very sweet things that I can eat and between strawberries and watermelons, I make myself sick from all the goodness.....

lightswitch
on 6/27/16 11:27 am

Laureen,

I love the name Juniper.  One of my first peer tutors that I hired in our center was named Juniper.  

I am suffering today because yesterday, when I went and picked up my grandkids, we picked the cherries off of our black cherry tree that's down in the valley and this year the cherry and plum trees have gone crazy producing and the cherries were so sweet and yummy and free since they came off of the tree at our farm...anyway, today my intestine feels like it is full of hot coals.  I think I have some adhesion or something so I guess it's time to talk to the doctor about it....

I'm the official cake baker in our college....I am making pumpkin rolls for our Independence week celebration....

Have a good day....My eating today will just be broth...my gut is killing me. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/27/16 12:32 pm

I feel for you... I love cherries...but since my RNY I can't have them... Maybe 2-3 pcs at most...  I think they are very hard to digest and my gut hates them.. I have problem with bread ... but even bread is easier on my belly than cherries. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Laureen S.
on 6/27/16 6:11 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Hi Jeanne,

Hope you feel better soon and please don't put off a doctor's visit if you feel something is amiss. . .

As for lil Miss Juniper. . . when they announced her name on the day she was born, I was like, where did that come from?  They had discussed all sorts of names and never once said Juniper, though at about 6 months pregnant, they decided not to discuss names anymore because they were tired of opinions (lol).  Her name is Juniper Frances, the middle name is in honor of my brother, but also is my grandmother's name and my middle name, so there is a history to that and I do love her name, it is not heard often, but unlike my name, also not common, she probably won't have people changing it, or spell check changing it (lol).  Today she is 10 months old and she just has such a big presence, yes I'm in love with this youngest grandchild of mine. . .

Be well, Laureen

yvonnef1964
on 6/27/16 1:19 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Ladies,

I said I would do better on my eating but I had a snickers this afternoon, now all the crap is gone. I bought some strawberries and a couple of cantaloupes .

Breakfast egg whites ham and cheese omelet and string cheese.

Lunch cottage cheese, red pepper and baby carrots and the snickers.

Supper chicken and dumpling stew

Snack no sugar added fudgescicle, Greek yogurt with chia seeds and strawberries sweetness with splenda with lite whipped topping.

Also did my walk this morning even though it was warm already.

Everyone have a good evening.

Yvonne

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1116 views